Forum Replies Created

Page 229 of 398
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 18, 2022 at 9:11 pm in reply to: Hypo ~1 hour after training legs

    Hi Chris,

    Please clarify for us. You’ve dropped from 4,200 to 2,800 in one drop? Or gradually over a number of weeks as required to continue loss?

    As an immediate fix, I’d be shifting my PWO meal sooner.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 17, 2022 at 11:22 pm in reply to: Stiff leg deadlift- positioning/form

    Great job mate, I do mine more like you do also (I’m happy to be grouped with Corinne ?)

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 17, 2022 at 11:20 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Really nice evening down at Perform X, looking forward to the event tomorrow

    Rest day today, well prepped with my meals on hand for the travel

    Quads and calves tomorrow when I get back, so now time to hit the sack

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 16, 2022 at 10:37 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys, and same again tomorrow due to work commitments

    Heading down to London but will be back up Friday for my quad session

    Travelling means extra meals to prep. All done, and time for sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 16, 2022 at 6:23 pm in reply to: High volume training question

    Hi mate

    I really like Hilly’s point here. You can’t just indefinitely pile more volume in to “maximise” mechanical tension.

    If you increase to a point that you can’t recover from, you’re not going to be optimising progress.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 16, 2022 at 6:21 pm in reply to: Powerbuilding training?

    Hi mate

    How do you interpret “powerbuilding”? What are you hoping to take from the programme?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 15, 2022 at 8:55 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push session this evening. This will now be the session for the next 10/12 weeks or so.

    Cable laterals
    X-over press
    CG pushdown
    Rolling DB extensions
    JM/French press hybrid
    CG bar push-ups

    I’ve got two rest days now due to work commitments, then it will be quads and calves.

    Just cracking on with food prep, one more feed, and then it’s sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 15, 2022 at 7:57 pm in reply to: Weak deadlift.

    There’s obviously a distinct lack of information here, but ultimately, it doesn’t really matter where your deadlift is right now, it’s just your objective to progress it.

    Adopt a similar approach to progressing other lifts. When you stall, substitute in a movement that will complement your progression when you get back round to the conventional pull.

    As for a comparison with your squat, there will be a huge amount of individuality there. I’m not suggesting I’m any kind of barometer for progress, but when I was lifting well, my squat was way ahead of my deadlift. Ultimately, you’re looking to progress your physique. Progressing your lifts consistently will be a great tool in making that happen.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 14, 2022 at 10:21 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rested up today, I have a push session tomorrow

    I’ve got my food and supps prepped, last meal is sunk, tike for bed.

    One episode of Drive to Survive left …. That’s tomorrow’s viewing

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 14, 2022 at 8:35 pm in reply to: Juice in intra?

    Agree with the guys, at this quantity, a HBCD would be ideal.

    Fructose can be really helpful to balance your gut when the numbers climb, but 20-30g should be no issue

    I would also stress that I would not be having anything rich in Vit C near my workouts where hypertrophy is a focus

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 14, 2022 at 8:27 pm in reply to: Watson adjustable hack squat

    I’m with the guys here. Quick measure will sort that for you mate.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 13, 2022 at 6:39 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Hams and Calves today (no idea why I wrote hams and bi’s!)

    Standing SL curl
    Prone curl
    Rear kick
    Hammy hypers

    Seated calf
    Toe press

    Resting tomorrow, then back in Tuesday.

    I’m just on food prep now, then a couple of feeds and another couple of episodes of Drive to Survive, then bed.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 13, 2022 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Number of weeks for the same program

    I suppose that depends how much you’re looking to increase volume by per week.

    I’d probably be mindful of how you implement that, and how many streams of progression you attempt to make week to week…

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 12, 2022 at 11:02 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Worked through my push session today, which is still very much focussed around “do no harm” to my troublesome shoulders

    Seated calf
    Standing SL calf

    Rear delt (yes, that’s not push!)
    Cuff laterals

    X-over press
    Narrow grip push ups

    Close grip pushdowns
    Floor JM press

    Happy with this, but it will be tweaked again before I jump balls in on a final set up

    Hams and bi’s tomorrow, bedtime now.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    March 12, 2022 at 5:19 pm in reply to: Footwear for leg training

    I’m with Bish, my best leg training days were Otomix Stingray clad!

Page 229 of 398