Forum Replies Created

Page 202 of 236
  • Marc

    Member
    September 7, 2022 at 5:23 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Pull session at Shredz today with cal instead of my usual gym for pull. Really enjoyed the season today, having that extra push from cal is always good.

    Major difference today was that my usual 1 set of RDLs were removed and instead I did 2 sets of hip extension at the end of my workout. Less taxing on my body and now it’s about being smart with exercise selection so recovery is good and also so that I don’t push harder than what is needed right now at the back end of prep.

    Also did some rounds of posing, Cal is happy with were I’m at heading into the final stages of prep.

  • Marc

    Member
    September 6, 2022 at 5:15 pm in reply to: advice for a teenager

    Hi Matthew

    I fully agree with Peters advice. Having gone through several qualifications myself from personal trainer to sports science degrees one of the best advice I would also give is get some hands on experience. If that means working for free shadowing personal trainers and coaches I would definitely recommend it. Theory is very important but you also need to know how to apply it to different clients and their specific needs.

    All the best mate

  • Marc

    Member
    September 6, 2022 at 5:06 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Solo push session today. Had a longer than usual nap today as I was feeling a little more tired today, likely because the recent changes to food but also because after fasted cardio in the morning I’m getting a good chunk of my 14k steps ticked off.

    But anyway, my push session today was really good. Listening to my body, working with weights that I can get a good mind to muscle connection and getting it done.

    Skin is definitely feeling tighter, although I feel flat for me I’m still getting a very good pump.

    Exercises today were;

    Pec deck x 3
    Incline hammer chest press x3
    Nautilus seated chest press x 2
    High cable chest flyes x 2
    Single arm cuffed lateral raise x2
    Seated machine lateral raise x2

  • Marc

    Member
    September 5, 2022 at 8:28 pm in reply to: Pre Bed Meal / Rest Day

    You are doing everything right here mate! A nice mix of carbs, fats and protein and you are giving yourself enough time to digest it pre bed. Spot on with helping sleep quality too, no need to change anything here. Continue as you are!

  • Marc

    Member
    September 5, 2022 at 8:59 am in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Best check in so far on prep today, by far the sharpest I’ve been and feedback from Cal reflected that.

    Changes from today today is across the board on my carb cycling plan with 25g of carbs being dropped on all 3 days.

    This is highlighted below;

    *high day* 325P 400C 40F / 3360

    *med day* 325P 300C 40F / 2960

    *low day* 325P 200C 40F / 2460

    Previous;

    *High day* 325P 425C 40F / 3460

    *Med day* 325P 325C 40F / 3060

    *Low day* 325P 225C 40F / 2560

    Output is the same;

    *Mon Wed Fri* – 35 mins bike @ 120-130 BPM

    *Tue Thurs Sat Sun* – 45 mins bike @ 120-130 BPM

    Steps/NEAT – 14k each day

    Carb cycling days set up;

    Mon – Quads – high
    Tue – Push – medium
    Wed – Pull – medium
    Thurs – Rest – low
    Fri – Hams / Quads – medium (previously high)
    Sat – Arms / Delts – low
    Sun – Rest (Refeed)

  • Marc

    Member
    September 4, 2022 at 8:36 pm in reply to: Posing trunks recommendations

    Iron monkey wear and iron eagle are the most popular ones. For the bodybuilding posing trunks that I get from iron monkey I get the pro cut fit. Have a look on their website as you will be able to see the different designs they have.

    With 6 weeks to go, I’d definitely get in contact with either to make sure your trunks arrive in time and fit correctly. You definitely don’t want to leave it too much longer now. All the best for your show.

  • Marc

    Member
    September 4, 2022 at 8:30 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Check in today with Cal. Huge week ticked off with improvements being made to my condition. Second low day yesterday saw me today come in the tightest I’ve been and also lowest bodyweight so far in prep.

    Today as normal for rest day ran high day food + off plan meal and cookie. Based on how I look post meals this evening I have a strong feeling tomorrows looking is going to be even sharper.

    Really enjoying the process, head down and ready to dig deeper this coming week. All in, making every day count!

  • Marc

    Member
    September 4, 2022 at 8:30 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Hey mate, how have you found the training style since working with Calum, correct me if I’m wrong but it seems to be far lower volume that’s potentially you did before him. Have you found it better, what are the main differences you’ve found

    Volume is reduced compared to when I trained with oxygen gym coach. Exercise selection is more precise so there isn’t a need for me to have so many exercises / sets which I was doing before. Major difference I’ve found is that recovery is better, top sets allow me to lift heavier than I have done previously as it one big set as opposed to 3-5 main sets. Back off sets also let me work in a higher rep range with lower weight, so across my workouts I am using a variety of rep ranges which have worked well for me. Also the training split PPL since working with Cal has made a huge difference to my physique development again mainly due to the accuracy and exercises and reducing my total number of exercises

  • Marc

    Member
    September 3, 2022 at 6:05 pm in reply to: Clen

    The earlier the better really, as Clare said you could keep you up at night if taken later in the day

  • Marc

    Member
    September 3, 2022 at 5:15 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Last session of the week today. Different set up in terms of food today, as today was a low carb training day (225g carb total for the day). Previously this would have been a medium carb training day, but with the plan to get me sharper this week today was my second low carb day of the week as I was training arms and 2 delt exercises- which is a less taxing training session.

    I did feel more tired today training, but this is part and parcel of the process. For me I can tell I’m at a flat stage (I posted on Instagram a picture today) but I need to go through this to get my condition sharper.

    Check in tomorrow, then Cal will map out the plan for my rest day and where we go with food.

  • Marc

    Member
    September 3, 2022 at 5:12 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Check in today with Cal, by far the best I have looked on prep so far. Flatness is evident but condition has really come through this week, so another few days before feeding up.

    Full legs session today and I had a really good session.

    Exercises today were;

    Seated leg curl

    Prime lying leg curl

    Prime leg extension

    Pendulum squats

    Gym shop adductor

    Standing calf raise

    A major factor for me during off-season which I have carried over into prep is not using a log book during my sessions. Now this might not work for everyone, but for me I much prefer it.

    I find that I can go into my sessions knowing what exercises I already have pre-planned but the weight I use is largely dictated by how I feel when I’m training. This for me gives me more enjoyment knowing that I’m not chasing a set weight. Ultimately, when you enjoy your sessions you will get more from them and this is the case for me.

    So today, my top set on pendulum squats was 7plates. Now although I haven’t been using a log book I know I haven’t worked up to this weight for a fair few weeks due to some pain I had in my left hip. But today was different, a few feeder sets in and I knew I had more this week.

    Now I stopped at 12 reps, where I could have possibly pushed for another few reps. But with me training legs again on Monday, it was about me being smart here and not causing any unnecessary injuries. Huge box ticked today here!

    Not using the logbook is really a game changer for people who suffer from anxiety before their sets or have some niggles going on. Totally agree👌🏻🤩

    [/quote]
    Thanks Andrea, I’m glad you agree

  • Marc

    Member
    September 2, 2022 at 7:51 pm in reply to: training split

    I’ve tried loads of different training splits over the years, in particular bro split vs PPL. In the last off season it’s the first time I have done a PPL split and I’ve made a huge amount of progress here.

    This is largely down to exercise selection and also reduced number of sets, top set and back off sets and the occasional extended set.

    Ultimately trial different styles and see what you enjoy the most. The likelihood is the style of training you enjoy the most will bring you most rewards as you are invested in that style!

  • Marc

    Member
    September 2, 2022 at 7:05 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Check in today with Cal, by far the best I have looked on prep so far. Flatness is evident but condition has really come through this week, so another few days before feeding up.

    Full legs session today and I had a really good session.

    Exercises today were;
    Seated leg curl
    Prime lying leg curl
    Prime leg extension
    Pendulum squats
    Gym shop adductor
    Standing calf raise

    A major factor for me during off-season which I have carried over into prep is not using a log book during my sessions. Now this might not work for everyone, but for me I much prefer it.

    I find that I can go into my sessions knowing what exercises I already have pre-planned but the weight I use is largely dictated by how I feel when I’m training. This for me gives me more enjoyment knowing that I’m not chasing a set weight. Ultimately, when you enjoy your sessions you will get more from them and this is the case for me.

    So today, my top set on pendulum squats was 7plates. Now although I haven’t been using a log book I know I haven’t worked up to this weight for a fair few weeks due to some pain I had in my left hip. But today was different, a few feeder sets in and I knew I had more this week.

    Now I stopped at 12 reps, where I could have possibly pushed for another few reps. But with me training legs again on Monday, it was about me being smart here and not causing any unnecessary injuries. Huge box ticked today here!

  • Marc

    Member
    September 1, 2022 at 6:59 pm in reply to: Elevated heart rate

    Completely agree with Clare and Kuba here. When pushing up with bodyweight in an off season your can’t ignore staying on top of cardiovascular health through cardio/HIIT and also health supplements. Your body isn’t used to carry more weight here, so it’s important you stay active to health accommodate the increase in bodyweight. This will have positive impact on your performance and also your ability to recover

  • Marc

    Member
    September 1, 2022 at 2:18 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Check in today with Cal. Really positive feedback from him. Once again my weight is pretty holding, but I am getting leaner again through my glutes. Weight isn’t relevant, it’s the visuals that count here and with weight holding although I’m getting leaner, I’m still maintaining my pop.

    With keeping the momentum going, slight changes have been made from today across all three days (via carbs) to my carb cycling plan and it’s outlined below. To be honest although I feel hunger at different parts of the day it’s irrelevant now. The end is so close and I know what I expect of myself in terms of condition, so I’m here for it.

    Changes as mentioned;

    New macros / calories

    *High day* 325P 425C 40F / 3460

    *Med day* 325P 325C 40F / 3060

    *Low day* 325P 225C 40F / 2560

    Previous macros / calories

    *High day*: 325P 450C 40F / 3560

    *Medium day*: 325P 350C 40F / 3160

    *Low day*: 325P 250C 40F / 2660

Page 202 of 236