Forum Replies Created

Page 208 of 236
  • Marc

    Member
    July 27, 2022 at 8:32 am in reply to: Dream sleep VS Diazepam

    I’d definitely look to switch to using dream sleep. Diazepam is a prescribed drug and taking this for an extended period of time you can quickly develop a tolerance and become dependent on it. Making you feel drained the next day isn’t ideal too especially if you are someone who drives.

    What I would also do is look at your sleep hygiene. Not watching tv, using your phone late at night. Think about maybe reading a book pre-bed to help bring you into a relaxed state.

    If you go for dream sleep – you can save some £ with my code Marc10

  • Marc

    Member
    July 27, 2022 at 8:24 am in reply to: When to take protein higher

    I agree with Jordan and Peter. Keep your protein where it is for now. If you have training day and non training calories try to keep your protein intake consistent over both days

  • Marc

    Member
    July 27, 2022 at 8:20 am in reply to: Fat loss stalled

    Did you factor in any diet breaks during the fat loss phase? By this I mean a period where calories are increased for a short period, before heading back into a calorie deficit (likely on higher calories than when you started the diet break phase). If there is still more bf to come off, it would be worthwhile to increase calories for a short period to around maintenance, before heading back into the cut phase

  • Marc

    Member
    July 26, 2022 at 7:43 pm in reply to: Healthy non-highly processed replacement for rice

    I’d go with tbJP cream of rice! Soooo many nice flavours, some of my personal favourites cookies and cream, caramel fudge and white chocolate coconut… tastes great, easy to mix and digests really well!

  • Marc

    Member
    July 26, 2022 at 7:17 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Push session today at Shredz with Rhys. It’s been a few weeks since I trained with some for a push session (because of peoples work) so it was good to have him there for that spot towards the end of my sets.

    Session today was filmed for the tbJP members site, so look out for that one dropping in around the next week. I also hit a few rounds of posing post workout to show what my upper body condition is currently looking like.

    Session today was;

    Pec deck x3
    Prime incline x3
    Nautilus seated chest press x2 (last set dropset)
    Standing cable flyes x3
    Single arm cuffed lateral raise x2
    Seated machine lateral raise x2

    Mainly chest focused in this push workout, but I explain in this session as it was filmed why it’s set up like this.

  • Marc

    Member
    July 26, 2022 at 7:17 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    This is an area that has been answered already by @Jordan_peters if you scroll back through my log

    Sorry i have just Seen his last answer…🙏[/quote]
    That’s ok

  • Marc

    Member
    July 25, 2022 at 8:50 pm in reply to: Daily salt intake

    I agree with the guys comments above. The main thing to ensure is that your potassium intake needs to be higher than or at least equal too your sodium to keep your electrolytes balanced

  • Marc

    Member
    July 25, 2022 at 7:46 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    In person fasted check in with Cal early morning. Kerry is competing this weekend in the bikini pro show, so she went over for Cal to look at her and it also made sense for me to do the same.

    Cal is very happy with where I am at, with just under 9 weeks out from the Arnold’s classic U.K. … He said with where I am currently I could be ready for a show in 4 weeks, but we remained focused with the original plan.

    High food day today, so that was nice lol my appetite is sky high right now so the food didn’t stand a chance haha.. I’ve also cut out whole eggs from yesterday as I was feeling bloated and gassy the last few weeks and I’m certain it was from the eggs. I’ve still got egg whites in, but I’ve removed the yellow. Second day with this protocol and I’m feeling loads better for it already.

    I trained local today for my solo quad session. Exercises remained the same and I had a really good session;

    Leg extension x3

    Pivot leg press x 2

    Single leg 45 degree leg press x 2

    Split leg lunges x 2

    Adductor x 3

    Standing calf raise x 3

  • Marc

    Member
    July 25, 2022 at 7:40 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Hi sir… what about your ped protocol..?

    This IS a part of the game in bodybuilding and i think a lot of us Would be really happy to learn

    This is an area that has been answered already by @Jordan_peters if you scroll back through my log

  • Marc

    Member
    July 25, 2022 at 7:39 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Rest day today, it’s definitely not felt like one lol keeping my 6year old daughter busy but it’s all good. .

    I know that feeling, i have a 13, 11, 4 and 2 year old so rest days are non existent.. think i get more rest being at work and then going to the gym haha.

    Good luck for this prep!

    [/quote]
    Lol deffo agree with more rest being at work and the gym…I’ve also got a 12 year old daughter but that’s a lot easier as she’s older. My 6 year old is literally non stop lol 😂…

    Thanks mate, appreciate the message

  • Marc

    Member
    July 24, 2022 at 8:11 pm in reply to: Cardio post leg training.

    Ultimately if cardio is requires the deeper you get into prep to help you reach true stage condition then it will have to be done. But trying to phase the cardio in on leg days like you have mentioned would be best. So initially cardio fasted on leg days and then if you need to cardio post workout on leg days too.

    I’d avoid more impact cardio like the stairmaster on leg day though and ensure you keep your heart rate between 120-130bpm. If you aren’t already, track you daily steps as this is a variable that can be increased before having to opt to adding in cardio on leg days.

  • Marc

    Member
    July 24, 2022 at 8:06 pm in reply to: Pre workout pre cardio

    I agree with all of the guys here comments above. Black coffee will be the better option here with money being tight

  • Marc

    Member
    July 24, 2022 at 5:31 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Rest day today, it’s definitely not felt like one lol keeping my 6year old daughter busy but it’s all good.

    9 weeks out this weekend, stepping things up a little as from today. I no longer have TD and NTD food plans, this is now changed to High, Medium and Low days which will be used as and when need. General idea from what me and Cal have spoke about, high days will be for my 2 x leg days, medium days for my other 3 x training sessions and low days for rest days.

    Day 1 of rest day food was today and I could feel the hunger, but this was the same as yesterday when food was higher. It is what it is, the weeks are going by quick so we need to keep the momentum going and close the gap and I’m on track for doing that.

  • Marc

    Member
    July 23, 2022 at 7:54 pm in reply to: 4 weeks out prep cardio

    I would recommend keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone so 120-130bpm. Going higher than that will certainly be putting extra fatigue on your body.

    You mentioned adding 1-2hour walks throughout the day. Do you track your daily steps currently? If not this is something you should definitely do and your coach should be setting you a step target.

    Ultimately the deeper you get into prep you will generally get fitter. This doesn’t mean you should be increasing your heart rate higher than 120-130bpm, but instead the level you were working at previously may need to increase to keep your heart rate in range.

    It’s worth speaking with your coach if there is an alternative piece of cardio equipment you can use that could help with reducing fatigue. For example the stairmaster can be very taxing on the body.

  • Marc

    Member
    July 23, 2022 at 4:55 am in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Morning guys

    Up early, 30mins cardio on the recumbent bike has been boxed off. Currently getting some steps in to take make a small dent in my 13k step count.

    My parents duties this weekend, so I’ll get my last session of the week arms and delts done local to save time here. It’s a balancing act with bodybuilding and family life but I always try my best to manage both effectively so I can be present for my kids, after all they are a huge driving force for me wanting to succeed.

    Anyway, weight this week has seen a moving average of 0.6kg weight loss. Checked in with Cal, visually I am a lot fuller this week. I will
    wait for his feedback.

Page 208 of 236