Forum Replies Created

Page 210 of 235
  • Marc

    Member
    July 14, 2022 at 9:02 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Rest day today, felt a little more tired today than usual which would be down to a rubbish nights sleep.

    I forgot to add yesterday cardio has increased by 5 mins, so I’m now doing a total of 30mins on the recumbent bike. Steps are still the same at 13k, I’m spreading these out throughout the day.

    Appetite didn’t feel high today, compared to normal on a rest day but I did get 1 extra nap in today (2 in total) so that passed the time.

    Off to sleep now, up early for fasted cardio tomorrow morning

  • Marc

    Member
    July 14, 2022 at 8:41 pm in reply to: Can you get a headache when you sleep bad

    Staying hydrated from drinking water is important so it’s good that you’re doing that. Aside from that, adding some pink salt to your intra workout would be a good idea to help with the sweat that you’re excreting when you train. Based on what you said about feeling it after your top set, it would be worth looking at your breathing technique and making sure this is in sync with you lifts. If it’s not, then the pressure you are talking about is common. Aside from this advice, keep a check on your blood pressure too

  • Marc

    Member
    July 13, 2022 at 9:56 pm in reply to: Ready to push up calories?

    In your first pictured flexed can see your abs coming through. In your second picture relaxed , it gives a clearer picture that you can pull some more bodyfat and get leaner. Good job with getting to this stage, I agree with the guys spend some more time to pull some more off. This will give you more run way for you when head into your bulk phase

  • Marc

    Member
    July 13, 2022 at 7:38 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    In person fasted check in with cal today, this one will be dropping for my next YouTube video in the next week – so I won’t say too much on that.

    Really good pull session today, hit solid numbers and reps. Although I am not using a log book in my workouts this prep, I subconsciously know what sort of weights I have been lifted. I can confidently say, if I had been using a low book that I would have beat it across all exercises today.

    Exercises today were;
    Single arm nitro pulldown
    Single arm xpload row
    Chest supported t bar row
    RDL
    Rear delt fly
    Shrugs
    High arm bicep curl

  • Marc

    Member
    July 12, 2022 at 7:37 pm in reply to: Acne on forehead

    I agree with Louis. I also think having a good skin care routine will help. So after training taking a shower as soon as possible as sweat can irritate your acne, using lukewarm water to wash your face twice a day is plenty, not itching your acne.

    It would be worthwhile to speak with a GP or pharmacist as they can prescribe specific treatment to help with this too.

  • Marc

    Member
    July 12, 2022 at 7:12 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Push session today with Cal. I’ve said it a few times recently but I feel in a really good place physically and mentally. I feel so relaxed on prep and knowing I have time on my side without rushing prep is a nice place to be in.

    After push today, I did rounds of posing with cal. He hasn’t seen me posing in person in over a week due to him being away and how our schedules have landed. Although he sees my check in videos, he was very impressed with how my body is responding. Condition is improving, fullness is holding, performance is still really good in the gym. Even with my bodyweight sitting around 124kg, with my waist getting smaller it’s creating the illusion that I’m still heavier in weight.

    It’s all adding fuel for me, knowing I’m moving in the right direction and there’s still so much more to come.

    I’ll get some pictures posted up to Instagram shortly.

    Session today was;
    Pec deck
    Prime incline press
    Nautilus seated chest press
    High cable flyes
    Incline bench cuffed laterals
    Single arm cuffed later

  • Marc

    Member
    July 11, 2022 at 7:52 pm in reply to: Nautilus lock and load stacks

    Agree with Max. The gym I train at has a machine stack like this… this stack is heavy lol but basically the +5kg isn’t relevant

  • Marc

    Member
    July 11, 2022 at 7:14 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Solid quad session today with Cal. First session with cal in a week and that extra push was definitely welcomed.

    Feeling in a great place physically and mentally. My body is starting to change really fast, even after yesterdays refeed of just over 1000kcals I still dropped 0.6kg. Posing now is starting to become a lot more fluent, my side triceps shot, which is normally one of the hardest poses for me to do when I’m heavier due to mobility, this morning it felt the easiest/most comfortable it’s felt in a very long time. Under no illusions with just under 11 weeks until show 1 there’s still work to be done, so it’s head down and taking each day as it comes.

    Todays exercises were;
    Leg extension
    Pivot leg press
    Single leg 45degree leg press
    Split squat
    Adductor
    Standing calf raise

  • Marc

    Member
    July 10, 2022 at 7:12 pm in reply to: Push pull legs

    Mate do warmupsets sets count how many warmupsets do you do

    Do you do warmupsets sets then working sets also like 4 warmupsets sets then 2 working sets I should count the warmupsets

    Hi Marcin

    Warm up sets or feeder sets do not count as your actual working sets. These sets are simply to get you used to the movement pattern and also helps you to build up the main weight that you will be lifting for your working sets

  • Marc

    Member
    July 10, 2022 at 8:10 am in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    New prep low today! Yesterdays previous low of 126kg had been wiped out today with me weighing 124.5kg. Drop in calories by 100 yesterday and my body has responded. Just goes to show you don’t need to make big changes when dropping calories, but timing is key.

    Today I have my usual NTD calories as it’s a rest day + and extra 1000kcals to make homemade burgers and fries for a refeed. After last times refeed about 4 weeks ago, there’s no way I’m risking burgers from fast food (messed my stomach up the next day) which is always a risk when I’m used to eating clean.

    Refeed today, then tomorrow push on to keep working towards my best look ever.

    Moving average weight from last week Sunday to today is 1.4kg, so although a big weight drop from yesterday overall this is my actual weight of loss.

    Attached my side shots from this morning. Lighting is pretty awful though today, but I’ll put them up anyway.

  • Marc

    Member
    July 9, 2022 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Peak week reliable sources

    Training related wise Cal (who is an educator on this members site) has a video on his YouTube channel for how his athletes train during peak week. If you type in YouTube team pro coach and scroll down the videos section.

    In your position I’d also make use of this forum, ask an questions related to certain topics you need support with. There’s lots of athletes/educators who can support you with pretty much anything to make sure you land your best come show day.

  • Marc

    Member
    July 9, 2022 at 2:15 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Last session of the week today, arms and delts! Pump felt crazy today, Intensity was kept high with shorter rest periods today because I was feeling good.

    Update today with food, 100kcals have been reduced from my training and non training day calories. My new macros as of today are;

    TD = 325P 475C 50F / 3650kcals
    NTD = 325P 325C 60F / 3140kcals

    New prep low today with weight, 126kg on the dot, which is 0.1kg lower than my previous low. Things are moving quicker now, my moving average weight this week is 1.2kg. Check in day again tomorrow, potential refeed on the cards. In all honesty it doesn’t bother me either way, I’ll just follow what Cal says.

    This is the part of prep I enjoy, when my body is responding and I start seeing more visual changes. Overall feeling good and wanting to keep pushing on!

  • Marc

    Member
    July 8, 2022 at 8:05 pm in reply to: Shit 2 weeks. How do you cope

    Hi Asrar

    Sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment. Unfortunately, as disciplined as we often are sometimes life does happen and what we want to do around our own pets Mak goals gets put on hold.

    My advice is try not to dwell on what you haven’t done in terms of steps / goals. You still have your brothers wedding coming up and speaking from experience it’s very busy to manage.

    I’d try to set more realistic targets that you think will be achievable during this time. That way you’re setting yourself for a win that won’t get you down.

    In regards to your shoulder listen to your body with this. If it’s still really hurting in a day or two I would get an appointment booked with a physio. Aside from this if training is still difficult to do use this time to de-load or de-volume

  • Marc

    Member
    July 8, 2022 at 7:47 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Local leg session today, I trained after 1 meal today instead of my usual 3 meals because o had quite a few things to get done outside of the gym.

    I definitely noticed a difference in energy in my workout today as my day started with 30mins fasted cardio on bike, 2 rounds with of posing, ate meal 1 waited 45 mins then back to the gym for legs then 2 rounds of posing.

    Ideally not how I would want my day structured but for this was a one off and it was about getting the job done which I did.

    Approaching 11 weeks out from the Arnold’s U.K. this weekend. My rate of loss weight wise so far this week has been 1.1kg. I’ll see if any changes happen to my plan in the next few days and keep you guys updated.

    Visually I am getting leaner and I’m happy with how fullness is holding. This is the benefit of me doing a longer prep this time, no crash dieting

  • Marc

    Member
    July 7, 2022 at 9:26 pm in reply to: Food wheitg

    As long as you are consistent in your approach that is completely fine. I go by cooked weight myself and I stick to this method as it’s my preferred way and it’s easier for bulk cooking. Ultimately, do what works best for you and roll with it!

Page 210 of 235