Forum Replies Created

Page 212 of 235
  • Marc

    Member
    June 30, 2022 at 8:28 am in reply to: Prioritise carbs over fats when calories are low?

    As the guys have said above increasing carbs and lowering fats is person dependant. But another thought, do you have a food plan for training day and non training day? It could be on training days you increase your carb intake with lower fats, then on rest days decrease your carbs and increase your fats. Protein wise, this can stay close to consistent over both days

  • Marc

    Member
    June 29, 2022 at 9:51 pm in reply to: Modify ppl for delt/arms focus

    Agree with Oscar here. Having two different session formats for push will allow for greater volume and focus for your programming. With biceps being a smaller muscle group it’s easier to tag this into workouts and it won’t affect your recovery but it will give you more total volume which will allow for more growth. Mix up rep ranges with biceps too, heavier sets aith less reps 8-12 and also higher rep ranges 15+ so you can get stronger across various rep ranges. Some tempo work will add to the intensity also

  • Marc

    Member
    June 29, 2022 at 5:40 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Really good pull session today. I trained slightly earlier today because I was filming today for my YouTube so I trained after 2 meals instead of my usual 3. This didn’t affect my session, I was really happy with my numbers and how the session went overall.

    The exercises were pretty similar to what I filmed for my last video for this pull members site (if you haven’t checked it out you can) tweak to one of my exercise selection. I went with low cable shrugs instead of flat hammer press machine shrugs as I think this will be more effective for targeting my traps.

    Just a few thousand more steps to hit to reach my 10k steps target for today and that will be my expenditure ticked off.

  • Marc

    Member
    June 28, 2022 at 8:53 pm in reply to: Forearms

    In my earlier years where I trained arms more than any body part I very rarely used straps for forearms exercises. I did exercises like hammer curl, reverse grip barbell curl and used fat grips where I could on dumbbells. Now I mainly use a rope for hammer curls and work unilaterally as I find I get a better connection as opposed to using dumbbells now. Work through full range of motion and add in some tempo.

  • Marc

    Member
    June 28, 2022 at 8:48 pm in reply to: Best clen?

    Rohm is good been consistent over the years. Quanta is good also

  • Marc

    Member
    June 28, 2022 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Another really good session today, push with Cal today. Energy felt good, strength was there and body feels good with the rest last week and also change in expenditure that I mentioned yesterday. Of course it still early days, but so far so good. All about mindset here, so positive thoughts are important.

    Todays exercises and sets are;

    Narrow cable chest fly:
    37.5×12
    32.5×15

    Prime incline press:
    4pps middle x 9
    2.5pps middle + 1pps top x 10+2

    Slight incline Smith chest press:
    3pps x 8
    2.5pps x 13+2

    Nautilus chest press:
    2×10 x 2 sets

    High cable crossover:
    2×15
    1×20

    Single arm cuffed laterals:
    2 x 12-15

  • Marc

    Member
    June 27, 2022 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Diet

    * 4 weeks since I started off season calories starts from 2700 maintenance to 3000 and starting weight from 63.4 to 64kg

    Body composition is good here. Don’t be afraid to increase calories more to allow for more growth. Your expenditure is pretty high day to day, so you have room to increase food some more here gradually. Good work

  • Marc

    Member
    June 27, 2022 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Clen Maximum Dose

    Your not lean enough for clen yet, come down another 10 pounds first just from moving a little more and eating a little less, then add 10mcg of clen and see what more you can get from that alone ontop of another smaller movement / caloric adjustment .

    How we used to approach drug use was stupid as hell! We have seen enough deaths to know that, so whatever we all used to do, we can throw that all away and let’s start again with what we would do if we had another crack at it

    I fully agree with Jordan here. Heard all sorts myself back in the day from coaches a few days on then a few days off. Inevitably to get in shape don’t really on drugs/clen to do the work for you. Put the effort in with training, food, energy expenditure and pay attention to rest/recovery. Clen can help you get in shape but don’t really on it. How Jordan advised escalating up I agree, but first off all get leaner first from getting in a deficit. You’ll likely find you might not even need it!

  • Marc

    Member
    June 27, 2022 at 8:11 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Back to training today after 4 days complete rest and steps landing wherever they fall. My body is definitely feeling more refreshed after the rest days.

    Speaking with Cal we have made changes from today moving forwards with my expenditure. My previous steps goal was 13k a day, but often it was landing between 14.5-15k steps. I was walking in the morning on the treadmill fasted getting around 5-6k steps roughly as I wanted to get a chunk of steps out of the way and also get my rehab work/stretching, posing, abs etc done at the gym.

    We’ve now decided doing that big chunk led to a big drop off in weight after my last food change and it took my body some to for that fatigue to set in. Existing at 128kg and being on my feet for 40-50mins walking cal said is a big ask that’s catching up with me later in the day for training.

    I am now doing 20mins fasted cardio on the recumbent bike, 2 rounds of posing fasted and my usual abs work etc. my step goal is then 10k a day, but where possible not using a treadmill. It’s day 1 of this new set up, but it already feels like a better structure. I’ll keep you all updated as to how I get on with this.

    Quads and calves today with cal, it was a very good session. My body felt really refreshed and post workout we ran through another 2 rounds of posing. Each day now 4 rounds of posing as this will help add to energy expenditure but also help me with practicing my posing more and being more conditioned for when it comes for the time to compete. Happy with the changes and excited to push on! Just under 13 weeks now until the Arnold’s U.K.

  • Marc

    Member
    June 26, 2022 at 4:58 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    So it’s my last rest day today, to complete 4 days complete rest from training. My weight this morning was down another 0.6kg from yesterday, so the rest has clearly helped here. My appetite today though is through the roof lol if anyone knows me I’m a very slow eater and not a big eater either but today is the total opposite. My expenditure hasn’t been particularly high either today.

    Checked in with cal this morning, my weight is the same today as it was last week Sunday 128.3kg, but visually a lot sharper. Although weight can be a useful tool it isn’t everything which Cal again reminded me today with how I was looking.

    Plan to get another super early night tonight as this is really helping. Some days it’s not as easy as others with parental duties, but where possible I’m going to continue to nail this variable.

    Hope you guys have had a good weekend!

  • Marc

    Member
    June 25, 2022 at 8:13 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Second complete rest day out of three today. Last night was on the the best sleeps I’ve had, my RHR was down to 60bpm and my deep sleep and rem sleep was well over an hour. My weight this morning from not training yesterday was also down by 0.9kg so this is all signs my body needed the rest to drop fatigue. Food wise, still running NTD calories.

    Feeling more refreshed, trying to make sure I keep getting my rest in even more between now and Monday when I am back weight training. Steps are where they fall in my general day until Monday.

    This is an important message here, just like in my off season when I pulled back with training to drop fatigue the same can be done in prep to allow your body to become more responsive.

  • Marc

    Member
    June 25, 2022 at 8:12 pm in reply to: scapular dyskinesis

    Hi yeah so I’ve been told by a professional sadly I couldn’t afford the price they are set at so was just hoping someone here may have some ideas that could help

    Argh ok… have a look on Instagram at a page called Mofobodymechanic. He has some posts on his Instagram grid with rehab exercises to help with scapula dyskinesis which may be of benefit for you if you are unable at this moment in time to get the support from the professional who diagnosed this for you.

  • Marc

    Member
    June 25, 2022 at 7:23 pm in reply to: Gyno surgery

    Hi Dez

    I agree with what max said. Speak to your surgeon but a few weeks post op some gentle massage around the area can help the healing process too.

    Silicone scar gel is also really good for helping the scar to heal, so I would have a look into buying that also.

    All the best with your surgery!

  • Marc

    Member
    June 25, 2022 at 7:19 pm in reply to: scapular dyskinesis

    Hi Connor, has this been told to you by a medical professional? If so, did they offer any advice in terms of rehab for what you can do?

  • Marc

    Member
    June 24, 2022 at 4:11 pm in reply to: DIGESTION

    How many meals a day are you eating? Can you give a breakdown of each meal and the timings please.

    What fluid are you drinking each day, can you list what kind also.

    How long has this been going on for? Was it at only your current calories or even your previous calories?

Page 212 of 235