Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
Decent push session today although I’ve immediately had to accept messing around with any kind of BB press is still not a good idea – it’s back out.
Calf raise
Laterals
X-Over
Deficit press-up
Machine press
Decline barbellUnsure what I’m going to substitute it for at the moment. Very annoying, but I don’t want anything that’s going to cause any discomfort at all for the next 15wks or so
About to get my last meal on and then it’s bed
Heavy back and hams session tomorrow, my favourite of the week ?
-
Hi mate
I agree with Nath, if you’re particularly concerned, you could choose a hyperextension as your initial hinge movement.
That said, working on your favoured variation with an RIR system initially could also be wise
-
Rest day today, push day tomorrow
I’m not long back through the door and straight on with meal prep for tomorrow and then this evening’s last feed
-
Hi mate
You could of course stay on it forever, but it’s unlikely that it would be optimal forever
There will be a point at which you need to specialise a little more in order to give the attention to the various muscle groups required to develop further
It’s likely that an upper/lower split would be next, please do take a look in the educational video section to gain an understanding of how best to approach setting these up
-
Attach pics please mate
-
Legs today. The horizontal press was out of order which was very sad. I compensated by doing many sets on the 45deg
Standing ham
Prone ham
45deg leg press
Leg extNot my perfect session, but knees behaved and worked harrrrddddd so no complaints
Just doing food prep and then it’s feed and bed. Super early start tomorrow
-
Hi mate
I’d go and see a good sports therapist and get an informed opinion
In the immediacy, I’d avoid anything that aggravates it. I imagine some pulling movements are more comfortable than others depending on your grip orientation. It might also be that the implementation of straps or figure 8 loops allow you to take some of the tension away from the forearm/bicep
Similarly, different iterations of curls will likely have varying levels of impact on the area, so again, be mindful to select options that don’t irritate it
Let us know how you get on with the therapist mate
-
Back in the gym this evening and a really good session
Seated calf
Standing SL calfCable laterals (clusters)
Cable biceps (clusters)
X-over Tri extensions
PushdownShort duration but high density of fail points and stimulating reps.
In for legs tomorrow , just on with food prep and last meal
-
Agree with the gang here mate.
Squats and deadlifts are good movements, but for aesthetics based sports, do you “need” either of them? No.
I would have a hip hinge variation in, but not necessarily a conventional deadlift, and almost never a sumo deadlift.
-
Resting today guys. Long day done, just finished food prep and now sitting down for a few minutes before my last meal and then bed.
Calves, Delts, arms tomorrow. I’m ready ?
-
It’s interesting you mention trying not to lose tension, as that’s a risk that comes with pausing a load on an external structure
If you’re mindful of it, you can use the pause to your advantage with not letting your setup slip, but do work hard on holding the tension
-
Yes mate , should be fine
-
Real let down of a session today. Work kyboshed it so I had to miss half of it.
Frustrating reality for me sometimes.
On with food prep for tomorrow
-
There’s probably an argument that both Kam and Phoebe’s responses could be seen as a performance gain.
Worn properly, they will add stability to the joint, which in theory (and most often in application) helps the transfer of power.
I would agree that they are a “supportive” bit of kit, but there’s a performance gain to be had when you start to get strong.
-
Push today, and shoulders were a bit of a nob at first, but then settled
Seated calf
Paused decline bench
X-over
Deficit press-up
Flat machine press
Cable lateralsCouple of feeds still this evening and a bit of a quiet evening with the laptop ahead of a heavy back and hams session tomorrow