Forum Replies Created

Page 234 of 398
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 10, 2022 at 9:11 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push session. Boring one, but did the job without upsetting my shoulders

    Seated calf

    Machine press
    Machine dips
    X-over
    Deficit press up
    Lateral raises (cable)

    Main aim at the moment is my shoulders behaving, and this session allowed that, so I’ll stick with it for a bit.

    Weight holding steady at 304 without trying to push anything. Next week I’m at it

    Meal prep now and then last feed and bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 10, 2022 at 9:03 pm in reply to: Effective reps on rest pause set

    Yep, really like rest pause sets for a number of reasons

    First one being they are an excellent way to increase the density of stimulating reps in a session.

    The second being (related to the first) the fact that most people don’t “go there” and actually achieve the full 5 stimulating reps theorised in a straight set. This method helps ensure a good number are hit.

    The “danger” is that when you are strong, and able to reach true concentric failure, they will hammer your recovery if not well regulated.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 9, 2022 at 9:10 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest dayyyyyyyyy

    Nearly dusted for the day. Food prep is all done, I just have my last meal to cook and it’s time for bed.

    Push session tomorrow which I’m looking forward to getting stuck into.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 9, 2022 at 9:06 pm in reply to: High incline smith press

    Hi mate,

    Similar to the gang, I’d see 45deg as a mid-incline

    70/75 and up for high is about right

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 9, 2022 at 9:05 pm in reply to: How to train till “true” failure

    To add to Jord, I’d try to train with someone that does go there. If you don’t know anyone, pay for a session with someone that does.

    Once you have an experience of understanding how far you can go, you’ll have a greater likelihood of replicating it.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 9, 2022 at 9:03 pm in reply to: 3 times a week training

    Echo Clare and Jord, if you’re training consecutive days, I’d be going PPL as well

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 8, 2022 at 9:11 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Very excellent session this evening, my knees are so so much happier, really able to go at these movements now

    Leg ext
    Horizontal banded leg press
    Horizontal banded split stance
    45deg leg press

    Mid neutral Pulldown
    Overhand Pulldown

    Resting tomorrow ahead of push session on Thursday.

    Food prep done, one meal left this evening, then sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 8, 2022 at 8:54 pm in reply to: 2 weeks – 2 different splits

    Agree with Oscar and Clare mate. Don’t try to be too clever with this. Just consistently get better at a well programmed split

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 7, 2022 at 8:39 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys

    Not much to report. Just on with food prep for tomorrow.

    Quads and vertical lats tomorrow, one more feed this evening

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 7, 2022 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Gym Commute

    Most importantly, it seems as though you want to move

    This lifestyle is a demanding one, if there’s an opportunity for you to be happy and reinvigorated, it seems a good choice.

    You can always move back if the extra travel becomes a bind

    Good opportunity to have some clear head space on the commute, don’t underestimate that.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 6, 2022 at 4:34 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Calves, Delts, arms today

    Seated calves
    Standing SL calf raise

    Standing DB laterals
    Seated DB laterals

    Standing DB curl
    High cable curl

    Overhead rope ext
    Reverse grip Tri ext

    Really nice session, ready for a rest day tomorrow and then in on quads and vertical lats

    About to crack in with food prep for tomorrow. Three feeds left today

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 6, 2022 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Deadlift Frequency

    Yep, I’d lose RDL from your leg day and have a DL/RDL/SLDL on the pull day.

    You might find rotating the variation from A to B sessions helps you progress more sustainably

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 5, 2022 at 5:06 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Back and hams today

    Low pulley stirrup upper back row
    Corner bar row
    SLDL
    DB row
    Rear kick
    GHR
    Standing SL curl

    Really good session. I used the Eleiko open bar for the hinge. It’s a good bar but I’ll stick with a barbell I think from here

    Three feeds left still today, bit of work, all good.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 5, 2022 at 4:59 pm in reply to: Unilateral Work And Faliure

    As you can see, there are different approaches.

    I personally lean towards Clare’s approach, and will do a breathing set on the weaker side until reps are matched

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    February 4, 2022 at 10:00 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Decent push session today although I’ve immediately had to accept messing around with any kind of BB press is still not a good idea – it’s back out.

    Calf raise

    Laterals
    X-Over
    Deficit press-up
    Machine press
    Decline barbell

    Unsure what I’m going to substitute it for at the moment. Very annoying, but I don’t want anything that’s going to cause any discomfort at all for the next 15wks or so

    About to get my last meal on and then it’s bed

    Heavy back and hams session tomorrow, my favourite of the week ?

Page 234 of 398