Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Jacob,
First question is, why do you want a “density day”? Do you need one? What are your currents required areas for improvement?
What set up are you currently training to?
-
Back session today.
Low pulley stirrup upper back row
Med. neutral pulldown
OH pulldown
SA chest supported row
Corner bar row
Snatch grip paused RDLIt’s been a really good training week. One more tomorrow before a rest on Saturday
Just on with food prep now. Then it’s feed and bed
-
The guys have absolutely nailed it. Not a “I’ll do a bit of this and that’s sorted”.
Very multifaceted, and whilst you absolutely should aim big, hold some realistic expectation of progress within given time frames
Ie, when you don’t look like Chris Bumstead in 6 weeks time, don’t feel disillusioned
-
Push day.
Really enjoyed this session
Seated calf.
EZ curl
Cable laterals
Dip machine
Flat machine press
Deficit push-ups
Reverse grip Swiss bar pressEnjoyed this session. Shoulders didn’t bite which is happy.
Pull tomorrow which I’m looking forward to
Last feed coming right up
-
Rich Ellis
MemberFebruary 16, 2022 at 10:38 pm in reply to: opionions on a chest&back, shoulders&arms, legs splitThey don’t have to be deprioritised in PPL, it’s all in your programming set up – which is a choice.
I don’t dislike the higher frequency this can bring though, although you need to be smart with volume and loading schemes
I personally favour alternating loaded and metabolic work when setting up like this. It works nicely.
Essentially, there are very few rights and wrongs if you can get your sessions set up intelligently
-
Today was a busy day travelling with work, which fitted in nicely with my rest day.
Food prep is done, last meal dropped, now it’s bed time
Push day tomorrow ??
-
Hi mate
Personally I would substitute the movement for one that allows the target muscle to be the limiting factor.
I’ve yet to find any movement that has gotten say my lats to be the limiting factor, from training partners perspective and physio’s my form doesn’t appear to be cause so I fear some sort of damage somehwere limiting muscle endurance.[/quote]
A chest supported option would take the erectors out of the equationThat doesn’t mean you don’t have a movement that taxes them, but you programme it to tax them, not them limit your lat work.
-
Hi mate
Personally I would substitute the movement for one that allows the target muscle to be the limiting factor.
-
Rest day yesterday guys into a really good leg session today
Standing SL curl
Prone curl
Horizontal banded leg press
Banded split stance leg press
Leg ext
Rear kick
45deg leg pressPretty wiped now, which is how it’s supposed to be I think.
Resting up again tomorrow, then into a push session on Wednesday
Headed home for meal prep and feeding
-
Hi mate
I think the can’t have covered this for you.
Look at your meal timings and where you want this to sit.
I will typically start sipping mine about 20mins before I start, and have it wrapped up in the first 3/4 of my session, but my pre workout meal is 2hrs before I start training, so that makes sense for me. It doesn’t mean it makes sense for you though.
-
Calves Delts arms – done and dusted
Standing SL calf
Seated calfStanding DB laterals
Seated DB lateralsDB curl
High cable curlOH rope ext
Cable extensionsNice session. Weight on exactly 306.
Rest tomorrow, then it’s go time after a 10 month “get myself sorted” period.
-
A deload does not mean you will necessarily just be able to come back and indefinitely progress on the same set of movements.
If that was the case we would all be deadlifting two metric tonnes.
A deload can put you in a good position to push on again, but when you’re working in a “to failure” system, substituting movements will almost always be required at some point.
-
As Max and Clare have said mate, time to switch these movements out now.
They can come back in after your next block of progression
-
Back and hams.
My favourite session at the moment but today was a nob.
The gym was heaving and so I ended up substituting movements that I probably wouldn’t have done
SA chest supported lat row
Low pulley upper back row
Barbell dead stop row
SLDL
standing leg curl
Prone leg curlJust about to get my last meal ready and then it’s time for a sleep
-
Alternatively to Clare’s suggestion, but very much in sync
Upper, lower, off, upper, off, lower, off