Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
Post a link to your YouTube or Instagram mate
-
Nice back session this evening
Upper back row
SA lat row
Low pulley row
Corner bar row
SG RDL
Neutral grip rack chinsAnother rest day tomorrow before a full weekend of it.
On with food prep now and then last meal before lights out
-
Don’t agree with him.
As Hilly has said, incorporating big movements into your training programme and progressively improving them is a good idea, but for him to suggest that a 17kg weight gain (assuming you’ve not had a drastic undesirable shift in body comp) is the result of a “pointless” approach…. When the point is to gain muscle tissue, he probably needs to be a little bit more balanced in accepting his preferences are not the only approach.
-
Rested up today guys, shoulders feeling pretty happy after yesterdays push session which is good
Meals prepped, last meal eaten, now it’s down time ready for a big pull session tomorrow
-
Agree with the guys, this is quite a big miss so will almost certainly mean a need to reduce the load next time out (unless this is an anomaly and there are identifiable factors that resulted in the poor performance on this occasion).
-
Push session today and thos was as good as it’s been for a while!
I’ve got a new shoulder war-up that I will run at the start of every upper dominant WO.
I then went
Seated calf
Cable laterals
Cross over
Deficit push-up
Machine flat press
Machine dipEz curl
Resting tomorrow and then on a big pull session on Thursday.
Just on with food prep and then it’s time for my last meal
-
Hi mate
The good news is you have a really in depth explanation waiting for you in the education section.
Lots of great videos I’d highly recommend that you work through.
Once you’ve done that, have a stab at building a set of sessions that fit your needs, and we will very happily input.
Enjoy!
-
I’m not best placed to talk about biceps, my arms are poor, but I totally agree with Jord here. Much more comfortable movement for most to execute perfectly
-
It’s a rest day after yesterdays leg session. Push on the cards tomorrow
Food prepped, one meal left tonight and then it’s time for bed
-
Hi mate
Your foot placement will be a big determiner in where the emphasis of the movement shifts (quads/hams/glutes/adductors)
Choose the movement and the foot placement the best suits your need
-
Leg day, and continuing to get better and better by the week.
SL Ham Curl
Prone Ham curl
Rear kickHorizontal banded leg press
Split stance banded leg press
45 deg leg pressLeg ext
Resting again tomorrow, then push on Tuesday.
Two more meals to go, and food prep to sort , then that’s me for the day
-
Hi mate
I very much agree with Sas, I’m in a similar position, lockdown gave me access only to free weights and my knees are still paying the price.
I personally have cut all squat variations out, I have two different bilateral leg press movements (one banded which I do first to minimise stress in the hole) and a unilateral banded variation also.
After a few months of this I’m still in the 15+ on the straight weight variation, but am able to introduce some more loaded sets on the banded presses.
“Optimal” is only optimal if you can do it. Get your knees in a good spot rather than trying to hero through it mate
-
Very well appreciated rest day today
One meal left in a couple of hours and then it will be a good sleep tonight
Leg day tomorrow – time to hurt
-
The fact that you work mixed shifts was probably quite a key omission!
What allows you to consume meals more quickly on day shifts?
What length shifts do you work?
-
Calves, Delts, arms
Standing SL calf
Seated calfCable “Y” raises
DB lateralsHigh cable curl
Rope curlOH rope cable ext
PushdownGood session to wrap the week up. One meal left tonight, then a much needed sleep