Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
I think it depends on your pattern mate.
If for example it’s the well popularised
Push
Pull
Rest
Legs
RestSo frequency allows the rest days, I see merit in putting the “weak” area in the sandwich with the rest days.
-
Quads and lats ??
I like this session a lot, it hurts.
Leg ext (RP)
Banded leg press
Banded split stance leg press
45deg leg pressMid neutral Pulldown
Narrow PulldownOne meal left this evening before a push session tomorrow. Along with all the boring stuff. Food shop. Meal prep blah blah
Big UFC tonight!!
-
Agree with the gang. If you’re trying to drop fatigue, the session needs to represent that
Working on your back off set only is fine, but it would be easy to try to go for new numbers whilst not carrying the work of the loaded set. This is where your log book will be your best friend
-
Calves Delts arms
Tired today but PrePare got me rolling.
Cable laterals
Strict OHPPushdown
Dip machineCable curl
DB curlStanding calf
Seated calfOne meal left. But of a chill before, then early work tomorrow followed by quads and lats
-
Rich Ellis
MemberJanuary 21, 2022 at 8:16 pm in reply to: is this hack same as reverse banded hack?I would suggest that a pulley won’t give the same drop off in assistance that a band will, but I suppose it will depend on the cams and set up.
-
Reallllllllly enjoyed this evening’s session!!
Low pulley stirrup upper back row
DB row
Overhand corner bar row
Paused RDL (will switch to snatch grip)Prone leg curl
Standing leg curl
Rear kickJust on with meal prep and last meal for this evening. Then bed
-
Hi mate
I’m not an expert in the space, but that is A LOT (11.3litres)
Understand there is a risk of hyponatremia (which is not a good place to be) should you not have your salts in sufficient quantities.
-
Rich Ellis
MemberJanuary 20, 2022 at 9:18 pm in reply to: Progression on incline dumbbell bell pressHi mate, only additional suggestion I have is to lather the incline of the bench to make the lift more challenging – that of course will shift the emphasis of the movement so may not be an option for you
-
Rest day today guys ahead of tomorrow’s back and hams session
Just finished food prep and now have one meal left for this evening before bed
New session lineup tomorrow tht I’m looking forward to getting stuck into
-
I’ve recently picked up a similar movement to the DB floor press.
I’m doing a floor press with. Swiss bar, which eliminates the faff, but obviously does t give you quite the same movement flexibility
-
Push day
Really nice session today, went as so
Seated calf
X-Over
Flat machine press
High incline machine press
Laterals
Swiss bar floor press
DB curlResting again tomorrow. Super late tonight so cracking on with food prep and my last meal. Bed ASAP
-
Hi mate
Assuming you are back to being well nourished and hydrated, that will be the first step
Largely agree with the team, pull everything back to a minimum adaptive volume, week one get familiar with the movements and stop well shy of failure, rotation 2, I’d be looking to get a sense of where you are, so not het work to failure but understand what your working loads will be, rotation three, provided everything feels right, get back in after it
-
Rest day today, which is welcome after yesterdays leg and lat session
Got my push session tomorrow, so need a good sleep. Food and supp prep done, one meal left tonight, then it’s rest.
-
Thanks for the heads up Rich! And yes horizontal leg presses are great for me, if i was in my old gym id keep the hack in but its a question of rom, added smith squat with wedges tho… results, quads hurting after 4 days yet. I love seeing you guys over Uk training, really cool equipments! And there is alot of emphasiz on training, anyway brother! Have a good rest!
Really pleased to hear you’ve found a good solution – now to get brutally strong on it!!
-
Agree with both Kristof and Kory here mate.
Revisit your movement execution across the movements and rebuild the load, maintaining the excellent execution
Straps or grips are a great tool for ensuring your grip isn’t the limiting factor in your back training movements.