Forum Replies Created

Page 241 of 398
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 29, 2021 at 6:50 pm in reply to: High Bar Squat with or without Wedges

    Hi mate

    It sounds like you are completely passive in the hole? That’s a choice, I personally wouldn’t let that happen.

    Is that your entire lower session that you’ve posted? If so, probably needs some work mate. Apart from the horrific hack squat (imagine all of us will guess the brand!), what other machines do you have available?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 29, 2021 at 6:45 pm in reply to: Deload

    I think understanding what the issue with your forearms is will be an important step.

    Is it the start of an issue rather than fatigue? Worth getting them looked at in my view mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 28, 2021 at 4:22 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Second leg session today.

    Very few movements but 4 work sets of each

    Adductor
    Leg curl
    Leg press (neutral stance)
    Stiff leg DL

    Good session. First time doing Stiff Legs in a LONG time. I don’t have the mobility to make it to the floor, so working to the rails in a rack for now.

    3 meals left today. Push tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 28, 2021 at 4:13 pm in reply to: NEW EQUIPMENT.

    Obvious question mate, but what is your facility currently lacking? Either in terms of not having at all, enough of per body part, or relatively poor options available.

    Once we know that, we can help advise on speciupieces

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 27, 2021 at 4:38 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    YES BACK IN THE GYM!!

    Was very up for my session today after two days of rest.

    Really good session, and enjoyed being back in

    Toe press
    Standing SL calf raise

    Cable laterals
    Seated DB laterals

    Cable curl (stirrup handles)
    EZ preacher
    Incline DB curl

    Rope extensions
    Incline smith French press

    Back in tomorrow for my second leg variation

    3 meals to go this evening. That and some rest

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 27, 2021 at 4:32 pm in reply to: Cream of Rice vs Oat powder

    Agree with Jord, very easy to digest and very kind on your stomach.

    Obviously oats are higher in fibre and fat, so consider what you want from your meal/CHO

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 27, 2021 at 4:31 pm in reply to: Drink cream of rice.

    Hi mate,

    I’ve done this for a good while now and get on very well with it. No stomach disruption at all, very quick and easy.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 26, 2021 at 7:17 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Another rest day today but back in tomorrow for arms, calves, and delt top up

    I’ve had some good rest, food has been not far off normal, just waiting to finish this rotation and then I’m going at it

    Two meals left this evening and another good sleep planned

    Hope everyone has had a great couple of days

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 26, 2021 at 9:23 am in reply to: Training Split and Experience

    Any time you are making “tremendous progress” you should make the most of it mate. No need to change anything!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    I hope everyone has had a great day.

    Gym was shut today, so rest it was.

    Not done a huge amount other than the normal Christmas gig.

    One more feed to go, then a good sleep

    Hope everyone has had a great day

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 25, 2021 at 2:47 pm in reply to: Training on an empty stomach

    Another excellent answer from Oscar, and whilst he’s too modest to say, look at the improvements he made over that period – definitely a well considered strategy!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 25, 2021 at 2:45 pm in reply to: Hack Squat Replacement

    I’m with Oscar mate, I think that’s the next best option!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 24, 2021 at 7:31 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg day to wrap up the week and a real
    Contrast to the other leg day earlier in the week

    Knees were very well behaved with all my movement choices, numbers on the up, big success

    Standing leg curl
    Banded horizontal leg press
    Banded split stance leg press
    45deg leg press
    Prone leg curl

    I have two days rest now as the gym is shut, then a really good week ahead of training

    Have a very happy Christmas team

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 24, 2021 at 5:17 pm in reply to: Form help ?

    I agree with the team. Where possible I’d encourage keeping tension through the set, but clearly if you’re starting to fold or can’t breathe it’s necessary

    I think in that case, record as much info about the set in your log book as possible so you have a clear reference next time out

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 23, 2021 at 10:30 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pulllllllll day did!

    Low pulley upper back row
    Chest supported upper back row
    Yates row
    Stirrup low pulley row
    Neutral grip Pulldown
    Overhand Pulldown
    Hammer curls

    Really good session. I did the Yates rows with a dead stop. I’ll take that away next week, didn’t like it with that angle

    About to get my last feed and then sleeps

    Legs tomorrow before two days off as the gym shuts

Page 241 of 398