Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
Great job mate! What split are you running at the moment?
-
Push session
Really happy with today. Body was being kind so I got through some decent work without significant inhibition
I’ve accepted a need to work in higher rep ranges on pressing movements, and at the moment, that’s letting me work
Cuff laterals
Machine OHPMid-grip guillotine press
Inc machine press
Pec deckCable pushdown
One meal left tonight, then a sleep.
Rest day tomorrow. Feeling excited about this year. I’ll not get too far ahead of myself though – been here before!
-
Hi mate
I personally don’t think there’s enough rest in here.
You don’t need to see your training having to sit within a 7 day window.
Why have you opted to repeat the same push and pull sessions rather than creating some variation? The same movements are being repeated just 3 days apart. Is this a “skill acquisition” need, or is there another thought?
I assume you intend to compete in a powerlifting meet? Hence the inclusion of a sumo pull and repeat of the high bar squat?
Thanks mate, answers to the above will be helpful
-
Second of my leg sessions today
Less movements due to lack of availability of “kind” options, four work sets of each as a result
This session is heavily hammy biased
Abductor
Seated leg curl
Horizontal leg press
RDL
Standing calf (V-Squat)Really good session. Very happy with the movements, knees are behaving well and legs are definitely recovering the lost size
Two more feeds this evening, then an early night before back at work tomorrow
All good prepped ahead of work and a push session in the evening
-
Hi mate
My approach is always to use feedback from the movements you are doing.
Be very patient with your approach and identify movements that don’t cause discomfort
I would be very careful with actively stretching, but movement without discomfort if good for recovery
Typically narrowing your stance on presses will be wise and hopefully takes pressure away from the adductor
I would probably steer clear of any low rep pressing work regardless until you’re really confident you understand your capacity
-
And worth every penny mate. Strongly recommend as an educational tool ??
-
Calves, delts, arms today
Felt very well rested after yesterdays day off, and had a good session as a result
Toe press
SL standing calfCable laterals
Seated DB lateralsSmith incline French press
Cable extensionsHigh cable curl
EZ wall curlSecond leg session tomorrow, and last day before I’m back at work. Definitely appreciated the rest, it’s done me a lot of good, now to get back to it!!
-
Agree with the gang, it’s an extended set.
I’d be recording the number of “parts”. You have three fail points, so I’d call it a “three part RP”, and make a note of the duration between each effort.
I really like rest pause sets for increasing the density of stimulating reps, but Oscar raises a good point, there needs to be a rationale for it, and they need to be used intelligently, otherwise you will end up frying yourself
I’m of course not suggesting you haven’t considered the above, but it is a point well raised as they shouldn’t be used all over everywhere
-
Happy new year team
It’s a rest day for me, and I’ve not done much other than a walk.
Looking forward to getting in tomorrow for calves, arms and delts
Got my appointment for health screening confirmed, that will be Friday, and if that all comes back good, time to rock!
-
I think the guys have covered it all here.
It’s definitely worth the investment if a whey concentrate gives you gastric distress.
-
Leg day to polish this year off
It’s so good to be able to create hideous misery in leg sessions again. Exercises are working well, knees are behaving, working hard is no longer an aspiration, my body is letting me go at it.
Standing leg curl
Prone leg curl
Banded horizontal leg press
Banded split stance leg press
45 deg leg pressThree work sets of everything. Quad stance on all of the presses.
Two meals left for this evening and a rest day tomorrow
Happy new year everyone
-
Absolutely agree with Clare and Kamara.
Don’t end up in a position where you let it get worse and worse and eliminate movement after movement that you are able to do without discomfort
It’s great to have a workaround, but get it looked at in parallel. Shoulders are incredibly complex joints, so worth finding out what the issue is.
-
Pull day today
Definitely have this nailed down now. My favourite session for sure
Low pulley upper back row
Chest supported upper back row
Barbell row
Stirrup low pulley row
Neutral Pulldown
Overhand Pulldown
Hammer curlNumbers nicely up, everything felt good. Happy session!
Couple of feeds left tonight, quad dominant leg session tomorrow
-
Hi mate, I do exactly as Clare outlined.
Either performance fuel or sustain, with EAA and creatine
55g is a lot to take from EAA, but it likely includes creatine and glutamine if you use that also, which immediately bumps 15-20g on
I hit 30 from EAA and always make sure my pre and post meals are high
-
Push today, and a good one
Cuff laterals
Machine OHP
incline smith
CG smith
Cross over
Tricep OH extShoulders behaved well today, it’s been a good run recently which makes me excited for this next run
Couple of meals left this evening and another good sleep tonight