Forum Replies Created

Page 246 of 398
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 27, 2021 at 7:23 pm in reply to: Calorie Dense Snacks

    Yep, maverick bars with nut butter, whey and CoR, or ideally, as Clare suggested, just be prepared and get your meals made ahead of time

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 27, 2021 at 5:29 pm in reply to: Muscle Gene testing

    It’s an absolute shambles mate. Save your money, and to Jord’s point, maximise what you have.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 26, 2021 at 9:47 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Heavy back, cluster chest

    Super happy with todays session, feel like I’m getting back to the old me

    Chest supported upper back row
    Barbell row
    Neutral grip Pulldown

    Cable crossover
    Machine guillotine press

    One more meal to sink tonight, and a big sleep. It’s been a hell of a week

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 26, 2021 at 9:39 pm in reply to: Realistic Progression

    Hi mate

    “Micro” will be relative dependant on the lift, but essentially, eeking out the progression will be of benefit to longitudinal progress

    For me I would look to use small progressions that can be more sustainable week to week

    Aim to stay within your rep range, the lower end will be useful as the progressions come less easily

    Thats great, cheers Rich. As always, I appreciate your feedback and will certainly take it on board.

    [/quote]
    Absolute pleasure mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 26, 2021 at 9:39 pm in reply to: Anything I could swap out for shrugs?

    Hi mate

    Definitely agree with the above advice in having this looked at. Being a hero rarely ends well.

    That said, to answer the question, I personally think shrugs are best performed with a slight forward lean, pulling shoulders back and up. This may help

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 26, 2021 at 2:17 pm in reply to: Realistic Progression

    Hi mate

    “Micro” will be relative dependant on the lift, but essentially, eeking out the progression will be of benefit to longitudinal progress

    For me I would look to use small progressions that can be more sustainable week to week

    Aim to stay within your rep range, the lower end will be useful as the progressions come less easily

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 25, 2021 at 10:01 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Today was loaded delt and Tri movements, clusters for bis and calves

    Cuff laterals
    DB laterals

    Rolling DB ext
    Rope ext

    Vertical EZ preacher
    Cable curl

    Toe press
    Seated calf raise

    Good session, shoulders behaved, numbers up. Ready for tomorrow

    Food prep is done, last meal is in. Bit of food and then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 25, 2021 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Pre & Post workout carbs

    Hi mate,

    Depends how your meals are set up, but if you have an intra shake, you can be having your pre workout meal as much as 2hrs ahead of training.

    Opt for something easily digestible, whatever that looks like for you

    Most will opt for a lean cut of meat or fish with white rice, or maybe a cream of rice with whey – whatever digests smoothly for you

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 25, 2021 at 9:39 pm in reply to: Realistic Progression

    Hi mate

    Agree with Clare, but to address your point directly, I would not expect to match reps when increasing load by as much as 5%. Dropping a couple of reps is wholly expected

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 25, 2021 at 9:36 pm in reply to: Pre work out Mobilisation routines

    Hi mate

    Elite FTS have some neat band routines for pre-pressing

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 24, 2021 at 6:40 pm in reply to: Training split advice please

    Hi mate

    As Jord has eluded to, I’d spend this time educating yourself as to why you would make certain decisions about your programming

    The education section is full of insightful, informative videos. Make the most of them, then use what you have learned to create a split, and then ask for feedback

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 23, 2021 at 10:08 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg dayyyyyyyyy

    Loaded ham movements and clusters for quads

    Leg curl

    RDL (I’ve tried DB, I’ve tried trap bar, I’ve today done barbell and that’s where I’m staying)

    GHR

    Leg ext

    Banded quad stance horizontal leg press

    Really good session, very happy, especially with the RDLs, and my knees behaved during the quad work so I’m happy

    I’m just on with food prep and my last meal. Rest day tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 23, 2021 at 9:15 pm in reply to: How to Program Unilateral Sets

    Hi mate

    With a standard set up, I personally like to go, adductor, ham isolation, press variation, squat variation, unilateral press/squat variation, quad isolation

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 22, 2021 at 8:54 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys. I got home from work and was asleep in 3mins…. Very needed rest!

    Food prep done, last meal in the oven, just picking up some emails

    BIG drop is live, hope you all got what you wanted!

    Hammy dominant legs for me tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 22, 2021 at 8:45 pm in reply to: Progression plateau on a lift

    I’d have said the same as Clare. Up the weight and work in a lower rep range for a bit, or switch the movement out mate and then come back to it in a few months

Page 246 of 398