Forum Replies Created

Page 245 of 398
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 3, 2021 at 9:27 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Loaded delts and tris today.

    I did two lateral variations. One cuffed on the pneumatic Keiser functional trainer, the other was standing DB.

    Followed this up with a rope pushdown and a barbell skull crusher for tris

    Then had clusters on calves and biceps, so went toe press and seated calf, then seated and incline DB curls.

    It’s been a long week, I’ve got another day of it tomorrow but I get to row and I’m going after it.

    One more meal left this evening, then a big sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 3, 2021 at 9:22 pm in reply to: Training intensity tips

    Some really solid advice above.

    I think I’d just add exposing yourself to people that actually go all the way in a set.

    On a number of occasions I’ve spotted a set on leg press, and ended up getting 10+ more reps out of someone than when they were voluntarily going to rack. I don’t mean assisted reps, I mean self powered reps!

    Getting an understanding of how far you can go is critical to being able to get there

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 2, 2021 at 9:53 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Second leg day today, and knees were being idiots so kept the whole thing hams and glutes

    Used a stiff bar for RDL which was hideous, I’d forgotten how different to it was – that’s a lesson to stick to the details!

    I’ve done my food prep and now just about to sort my last meal.

    Arms delts and calves tomorrow. I’m ready ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 2, 2021 at 9:01 pm in reply to: Good core exercises

    The team have covered it mate, it’s a body comp issue first and foremost.

    Lots of good suggested exercise choices, but be as vigilant with your abdominal work as you are with other body parts

    Programme them where you will adhere to them, and not just as an after thought

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 1, 2021 at 10:00 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys but a long one working down in London.

    Back now and food all prepped for tomorrow, just my last meal for this evening to make and then it’s bed

    I’ve got legs tomorrow, main focus movement is RDL. It was my first week back on a barbell variation last week so I have a target to mash up

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 1, 2021 at 9:59 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Hi Rich. Will there be any chance of any videos going up on the site. I’d love to see these clusters

    Hi mate

    I need to check in with the boss on this

    If @Jordan_peters wants vids, I’m in ??

  • Totally agree with Clare. Don’t shift your training around until it’s a real need, and even then, the philosophy won’t change, it will be tweaks to volume and frequency

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 30, 2021 at 11:13 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Loaded chest and clusters for back today

    Pretty good session. I’ve stalled on my high incline press so I’ll switch the rep range up

    Had a good break through with my flat machine press. I’ve got hold of a half foam roller which lets me pull my shoulders way back which is more comfortable, so I’m hopeful that can now progress

    Resting tomorrow, I’m in London with work which will be long, but then I’m on RDLs on Thursday which are already firmly on my mind ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 30, 2021 at 9:33 pm in reply to: Pump day?

    Hi mate

    It certainly won’t be optimal.

    Social media is great, but why can’t you gather content through your sessions of what you actually believe in? If the sole purpose of the light day is to gather content, you’re gathering content of something you don’t believe in, which to me is just so odd.

    Obviously it’s your account and your content, but for me you are compromising your progress to gather disingenuous content. Seems a lose lose to me mate.

    Thank you for the advice! Looks like no pump day for me haha[/quote]
    Just my opinion mate. I’d start gathering a load of content on the sessions you already do, and get that fired out consistently with a message that’s true to you

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 30, 2021 at 9:32 pm in reply to: Programming weak body part into PPL

    Hi mate

    How long have you been running this, and have you seen any change over that time? Are shoulders catching up? Are they dropping further behind? Is everything progressing evenly?

    Do you also want to post some pics for other’s views?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 29, 2021 at 10:02 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today. Pleased to have it as I’ve felt a few heavy sessions.

    Recharged and ready for a big one tomorrow.

    Food prep done. Last meal just cooked. Time to feed. Time to sleep.

    Booked in my health MoT at the end of the year. Looking forward to working with the Doc

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 29, 2021 at 9:17 pm in reply to: Pump day?

    Hi mate

    It certainly won’t be optimal.

    Social media is great, but why can’t you gather content through your sessions of what you actually believe in? If the sole purpose of the light day is to gather content, you’re gathering content of something you don’t believe in, which to me is just so odd.

    Obviously it’s your account and your content, but for me you are compromising your progress to gather disingenuous content. Seems a lose lose to me mate.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 28, 2021 at 9:04 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Another really good session to round off the week.

    Loaded calves first with seated calf raise. Then biceps with narrow grip preacher curl, and wide grip standing curl

    It was then clusters for triceps with stirrup push downs and stirrup overhead extensions, finished up with clusters on seated DB laterals

    Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. The weekend seems to have flown by again, but food prep is done, and last meal is in

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 28, 2021 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Increasing appetite via supplements

    Another one echoing Jord.

    I’m obviously not a bodybuilder but have been through periods where I’ve been eating as many as 9,000 kcals per day, and the key for me was foods that digest well and sit comfortably

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 27, 2021 at 9:43 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg day today, and another super good day under the weights

    Last couple of sessions things have really started coming together

    Prone leg curl
    Banded leg press
    Banded split stance leg press
    45deg leg press
    Ham/glute hypers

    Knees played very nicely, so looking forward to progressing this

    One meal left, then bed. Last night was a massively disrupted sleep, so ready for a flat out one tonight

Page 245 of 398