Forum Replies Created

Page 244 of 398
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 10, 2021 at 5:51 pm in reply to: Deadlift, dead stop vs touch & go

    To answer the other part of your question, and the title of your thread, it depends.

    If you’re a very proficient deadlifter, you can probably perform a touch n go in a controlled fashion.

    More often than not you see people’s movement integrity fall apart as soon as they start doing touch n go reps.

    The best one for you is the one that you can perform best.

    Vast majority of people will see that being dead stop reps. Just be honest with yourself

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 9, 2021 at 8:55 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Had some heavy pressing today, three work sets each on the flat machine press and high incline overhead press

    Then onto clusters for a stirrup upper back row, and overhand Pulldown

    Had some of the TBJP maverick bars which have been a godsend with how busy work has been. Two bars bumped up with nut butter has been a big win

    Genuinely no gut distress with these, which is rare for bars. Really impressed!

    On with food prep, last meal coming up in about an hour, then lights out

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm in reply to: Exercise Rotation

    Hi mate

    Similar to a lot of the gang, I’d include the same machine for both sessions, but have a significant rep range discrepancy between the two

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 8, 2021 at 8:41 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today team.

    I’ve got some heavy pressing tomorrow so pleased to be resting today

    Food prep for tomorrow is done, one meal left to cook this evening

    It’s a long day tomorrow but looking forward to my session at the end of it

    TBJP Nutrition drop today. Got the limited edition Egg Nog whey which I’m excited to try!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 8, 2021 at 7:39 pm in reply to: Thoughts on this training regimen

    Totally agree with Jord. “Horrible “ is the word

    Start working through the educational videos mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 8, 2021 at 7:33 pm in reply to: 3 day training split

    I’m with Clare as well mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 7, 2021 at 9:44 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Good session this evening

    Calves, delts and arms

    Seated calf
    EZ Preacher
    Standing EZ curl
    Pushdown
    Overhead rope ext
    Cable laterals

    Really good session. Body felt happy, rest day tomorrow and then some heavy pressing on Thursday

    Just on with meal prep, one feed left tonight, then it’s lights out

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 7, 2021 at 9:13 pm in reply to: Pre training rituals

    Hi mate

    Unfortunately life gets in the way now and I don’t have the luxury I used to have, but when I was “good” I would literally be out of bounds for an hour and a half before I went to the gym.

    Phone away, same playlist, same videos on the computer. Meal and pre. Session written out. Zero deviation from that.

    If I had the flexibility, I’d still do it. I absolutely cherished that time.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 6, 2021 at 8:39 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today gang.

    Adductor feeling pretty good after yesterday. I was expecting it to be much tighter so I’m pleased

    Arms Delts and calves tomorrow which is always a good session

    Just on with food prep, then one more meal to go

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 6, 2021 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Elbow path / plane

    Also consider that ouch like the pulling movements, the angle will influence the extent to which each muscle is stressed as you are pressing

    Whilst you are being mindful of your elbows, please also consider your shoulder health which will likely be the bigger issue

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 5, 2021 at 8:13 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg dayyyyyyy

    Started really well but ended up in me being extremely p***ed off

    Prone ham
    Banded horizontal leg press
    Banded split stance leg press
    45deg leg press
    Leg ext

    Tweaked my adductor during the 45deg leg press. I recognised it early so stopped before any big damage was done. I don’t think it will impact the loaded ham session, so may well be ok by the time I get back round to this

    It’s an annoying situation in that I need to do the banded pressing first so my knees play ball with the heavier pressing, but that’s taxing on my adductors.

    It will sort itself. Rest day tomorrow anyway

    One feed to go, then a good sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 5, 2021 at 7:57 pm in reply to: Recovery suggestions

    Totally agree with Clare here. I’m not at all surprised you’re struggling to recover off 6 big sessions on the bounce mate.

    Drop into Clare’s suggested split, your body will definitely thank you for it, and your progress will reflect it

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 5, 2021 at 7:49 pm in reply to: No legs split advices (Injury)

    Hi mate

    First question I’d ask is, whilst it’s clear you won’t be able to do complete leg sessions, are there movements you still can complete?

    Extensions and curls?

    I’d always (using pain/discomfort as a guide) try to keep stimulation running through them if possible

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 4, 2021 at 8:33 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Loaded back work today with chest supported upper back rows, barbell rows, and neutral grip pulldowns. Weights are getting serious now, so progress is harder to come by, but tht makes it the challenge

    Followed up with cable cross and guillotine press for cluster sets on chest

    Last meal in. Hoping for a long sleep tonight, it’s been a hell of a week and a very busy day today

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    December 4, 2021 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Prime extreme row

    Beauty of this range of kit is that you can manipulate the loading profile to your needs.

    We each drop off differently, so you can consider how much and where you need the load

    I’d always look to challenge yourself as much as possible through the range,

Page 244 of 398