Forum Replies Created

Page 248 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 16, 2021 at 9:38 pm in reply to: Struggle training when food is high.

    Hi mate

    Any chance you can pop your diet up along with timings and where your workout sits?

    That will be really helpful

    Thanks mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 16, 2021 at 9:36 pm in reply to: Lagging Shoulders

    As usual, I agree with Oscar.

    Lateral raises are such a good movement for shoulder development, but so many people bastardise them by making it a trap dominant movement (very guilty of this myself)

    Be really sure that your execution is excellent. Strip it back and start again if needed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 15, 2021 at 9:06 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today gang.

    Really pleased of it, very much needed after a good run of sessions

    Got calves, arms and delts tomorrow which is one to look forward to. I’ve then completed all of my sessions and have numbers set to chase

    Just finished my food prep. One meal left to go. Bit of a chill with some emails until then.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 15, 2021 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Triceps pressing

    Hi mate,

    I don’t mean to sound patronising, but the format JP recommends is done so for a reason. He’s not someone that does things by accident

    It’s a far more complete approach than yours

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 15, 2021 at 8:51 pm in reply to: How do you do rate Decline press

    Exactly what Bish said – much kinder on the shoulders, and typically a stronger movement so a good load exposure

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 14, 2021 at 11:08 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg day number two, and I am stoked with this!!

    Loaded hams

    Prone leg curl
    RDL
    GHR

    Cluster Quads

    Banded horizontal leg press (quad stance obvs)
    Leg extensions

    Really enjoyable session and my knees let me go at it which has been a limiter since I beat them up over lockdown

    Much needed rest tomorrow. All my meals are sunk, everything ready for tomorrow, it’s bed now for a good sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 14, 2021 at 11:05 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Day one kicked off and happy happy.

    Today was heavy back movements, cluster chest

    Back

    Chest supported upper back t-bar row

    Corner bar row

    Underhand assisted pull-up

    Chest

    Incline chest press

    Neutral machine fly press

    Loaded sets were two straight sets each. A set of 6 and a set of 9 were the targets.

    The chest work was one, three part rest Ouse set, and one, three part 10% set.

    I’m resting tomorrow and then on with session two on Thursday

    Last meal is nearly ready, then bed

    Hi rich

    For your ”cluster” is it only one restpaus set for each movement? So totally 2 restpaus set for chest and that’s it that day?[/quote]
    Hi mate

    No, I’m either doing two rest pause sets at different weights, or I’m doing a rest pause and a 10% set (hit your reps, reduce weight by 10%, wait 60s aim to match reps of first set, reduce weight by 10%, wait 60s, aim to hit reps of second set)

    So 6 failure points per movement in one of the two styles mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 14, 2021 at 10:01 pm in reply to: Pause RDL vs RDL

    I’m with Bish. Only addition would be that pushed might be a nice choice if you have some perfecting of the movement still to do.

    It’s not uncommon for people to get thrown of as they transition from eccentric to concentric

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 14, 2021 at 9:58 pm in reply to: Straight or Angled Smith Machine

    Straight over angled, but if you can find the pendulum one, it can be locked into a variety of angles. Best smith I’ve used by a mile

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 13, 2021 at 6:48 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Loaded chest and clusters for back

    Flat machine press
    Shallow Inc Smith press
    High Inc machine press

    Chest supported upper back row
    Chest supported lat row
    Rack chins

    Hangs

    Really good session. Touch more shoulder discomfort than I woukd have liked on the first two presses. Have to keep an eye on that and look at tweaking the set up

    Loaded hams and cluster quads tomorrow so now setting down with the laptop for the evening

    One more meal before bed, steak on the menu.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 13, 2021 at 6:03 pm in reply to: Weight loss need help

    Very much with Sas. Get some increased output in your day mate, and concentrate on developing your entire physique at this stage.

    By all means put up your split if you’d like input into your sessions

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 12, 2021 at 9:17 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Calves, arms and delts today gang

    Loaded sets on calves and bis

    Toe press
    Standing SL raise

    Dual stirrup cable curl
    Preacher machine curl

    Clusters on delts and tris

    Cuff “y” raises
    Seated DB laterals

    Rolling rope tri ext
    Pushdown

    Really good session, looking forward to tomorrow’s.

    Got one meal left this evening and a small amount of chill time before bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 12, 2021 at 4:49 pm in reply to: Belt position

    Hi mate

    I’ve mashed a rib wearing a deep lever belt in the past

    For me, if you’re worried, get checked out. Could just be bruising, could have popped a rib

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 11, 2021 at 10:56 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    LEG DAY!!!!

    Loaded quads, clusters for adductors and hams

    I’d normally run the loaded sets first, but with legs I want my knees nicely warmed up so do the clusters first

    Adductor Machine

    Seated Ham
    Knee flexed hypers

    45deg Leg Press
    Split stance Leg Press
    Pivot Peg Press

    Really good session. Felt absolutely everything how I wanted to.

    Food prep done, last meal coming up. Calves, arms, delts tomorrow ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 11, 2021 at 10:51 pm in reply to: JP stim pre question

    I’m with Meg, I think as an all round pre, PrePare is as good as it gets.

    I do go through periods of using STIM, and I’m definitely going to try STIM & PUMP as a combo

Page 248 of 399