Forum Replies Created

Page 249 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 10, 2021 at 10:03 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys.

    Got a big leg session tomorrow which I’m well rested for. Just a couple of bits to tie up, then I’m on my last meal and getting to bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 10, 2021 at 9:38 pm in reply to: Rdls

    Hi mate

    Is there anything else that aggravates the hip?

    If it’s as minor as a week without RDLs can let it settle, that’s a decent call, but I’d always be wary, for longevity’s sake, of ignoring something that’s causing you discomfort

    Get yourself in to see a sports therapist mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 10, 2021 at 9:34 pm in reply to: Structure of pull with Deadlifts

    I would also agree with Oscar, but I would have a chest supported upper back row first in the order

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 9, 2021 at 10:04 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Day one kicked off and happy happy.

    Today was heavy back movements, cluster chest

    Back

    Chest supported upper back t-bar row
    Corner bar row
    Underhand assisted pull-up

    Chest

    Incline chest press
    Neutral machine fly press

    Loaded sets were two straight sets each. A set of 6 and a set of 9 were the targets.

    The chest work was one, three part rest Ouse set, and one, three part 10% set.

    I’m resting tomorrow and then on with session two on Thursday

    Last meal is nearly ready, then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 9, 2021 at 9:54 pm in reply to: Stiff Leg Deadlift from the floor

    Absolutely with Bish. Don’t do them from the floor just because you want to do them from the floor. Work from a range tht you can maintain movement integrity in

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 9, 2021 at 9:53 pm in reply to: Deadlifts In beginning of session or end?

    Hi Yanni,

    I personally put them second now, behind a chest supported upper back row.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 8, 2021 at 11:21 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day done!

    Looking forward to tomorrow. I’ve been really really poor of late at sticking to something consistently. Always second guessing myself and tweaking here or there

    I’ve got a new plan laid out that is how I’ve seen my best results. Tomorrow it starts as I’m now in a position to have the intensity at a necessary level

    Now food, then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 8, 2021 at 11:11 pm in reply to: Variation in training days

    Hi mate

    I think Oscar’s point is valid.

    You may struggle to recover from 3 big sessions on the bounce

    On the rotation, I think it’s a good way to go provided you have enough good equipment at your disposal that you aren’t compromising your quality.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 7, 2021 at 8:47 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push day.

    Not disappointing, I was really hoping that I’d be able to low incline Swiss bar press, but it’s not happening

    The rest of the session was really good, so just minor adjustments

    Seated Calf

    Cable pushdown
    Low incline Swiss bar French press
    Low incline Swiss bar press (NOPE)
    Machine overhead press
    DB lateral raises

    Food prep done. One more meal left this evening.

    Resting tomorrow, then back to pull on Tuesday.

    For any UFC fans…. WHAT. A. CARD

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 7, 2021 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Chest – Flys before pressing

    Hi mate,

    If you’ve run that style for a good block, I think now is a good time to switch things around and let your pressing be prioritised

    Be sure to revisit your warm up given your are now starting “cold” on the heavy movement, but get some numbers rolling consistently and enjoy the progress mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 7, 2021 at 12:16 am in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg day today and in all honesty, I’m not a happy bunny

    I thought I had this session nailed with the exception of the belt squat, but definitely now need to revisit as my knees were screaming at me today

    I’ve doubled up my Join-In and Cure-Coming, but a reassessment of the movements is required for a sustained push forwards

    Bed now for me, push session tomorrow. Let’s see if me shoulders are happier than my knees ?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 6, 2021 at 9:49 pm in reply to: Minimalist training

    Hi mate

    It depends what you want the end result to be.

    If you’re using your training now to supplement performance rather than for aesthetic purposes, there are different approaches to take.

    Essentially, as you would do with a physique, it’s crudely a gap analysis of your needs, and then programming accordingly

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 5, 2021 at 9:44 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Calves and arms d&d

    Standing SL calf raise
    Seated calf raise

    EZ Preacher curl
    High cable curl

    Underhand Tri cable ext
    Rope extensions

    Really good session this evening. I’ll never be excited about training arms, but this was a good one

    By contrast, legs tomorrow, which is FAR more exciting ??

    One meal left tonight, then a longer sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 5, 2021 at 8:44 pm in reply to: Ham (Curl) Alternatives/Movements

    Hi mate

    How about a stiff leg deadlift in rotation with the RDL, and then in rotation with the seated leg curl, either a DB leg curl as Clare suggests, or a GHR (this can be mocked up Eugene Teo style in a power rack if you don’t have a GHD)

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 4, 2021 at 9:49 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull day today

    Good session, enjoyed the movements. Left a couple out because of how tomorrow falls (calves and arms)

    Standing calf (left out)

    Upper back chest supported t-bar row
    Barbell shrug
    Barbell RDL
    Assisted pull-up
    Overhand Pulldown

    Machine preacher (left out)

    Good session, food prep done, looking forward to arms and calves tomorrow evening.

    Off to cook my last feed, then bed

Page 249 of 399