Forum Replies Created

Page 250 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 4, 2021 at 9:38 pm in reply to: Lower back pain after RDLs

    Hi mate

    Obviously this depends how severe this is, but the lumbar musculature is going to carry a chunk of stress on a hip hinge.

    If it’s not becoming a limiting factor, and it’s genuinely DOMS, I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 3, 2021 at 9:39 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys.

    I’m on my pull session tomorrow , I’ve got my food and supps prepped so I’m ready to go

    One more meal left this evening, then I’ll be getting to bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 3, 2021 at 9:22 pm in reply to: Full body workout warmups

    I agree with Jord, some of this will be physical, some of it will be psychological preparedness for the set

    Movements that have muscles which have already been worked will need less attention than those tht are untouched

    Just remember, the aim of your warmup is to put you in the best possible position for your work sets , not to accumulate volume.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 2, 2021 at 10:01 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push day done, and actually, it was a good day, shoulders played ball, let’s see if it stays that way….

    Seated calf

    Cable Pushdown
    Incline Rolling DB Extensions
    Incline DB Press
    Narrow Grip Machine Press
    Cuff Laterals

    Just on with food prep for tomorrow, which is a rest day for me before I’m back to it on Thursday with a pull session

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 2, 2021 at 5:44 pm in reply to: Advise for my training plan

    My personal opinion would be that you have room for growth across your physique mate, so a balanced, progressive programme at this point would be a good move

    What does your training currently look like?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 2, 2021 at 5:42 pm in reply to: Covid jab then training

    I was fortunate, I didn’t get any negative sides, so I just cracked on as normal

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 1, 2021 at 9:16 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rested up today gang and my legs are definitely feeling the novel movements added in!!

    I’ve got my food sorted for tomorrow, and one meal left to go this evening

    Push day tomorrow, which I’m genuinely really looking forward to, but also aware that it’s likely to be less enjoyable than I imagine it to be.

    Let’s see if my shoulders let me do any pressing ?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 1, 2021 at 1:31 pm in reply to: Deload

    I agree with Oscar mate, we are all different, so judge it by your own progress.

    Stay aware of signs creeping in that you require a deload, but no need to add one if your body tells you otherwise

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    November 1, 2021 at 1:28 pm in reply to: Progressing Movements

    I agree with Sas.

    I think if you’ve had a notable “tidy up”, this is a reset point. From here you aim to progress with the same excellent execution you have.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 31, 2021 at 9:19 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg day two!! First run through of the variation in the other gym. Session complete and numbers set

    Prone leg curl
    Leg extension
    Banded hack
    Belt squat
    GHR

    Really good session. Only minor tweak will need to be set up on belt squat. Really nice range , but annoyed my knees a touch.

    Food prep is done, one meal left to sink, then it’s bed

    I’ve got a rest day tomorrow, then push variation 2 on Tuesday to set the new numbers

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 31, 2021 at 7:25 pm in reply to: Advise and help with my shoulder

    I personally would at this point be taking this to a specialist medical clinic

    Someone like Martin Speight at the Wharfdale clinic in Leeds, or Matthew Milner who holds a clinic in Muscleworks Orpington

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 30, 2021 at 6:22 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pulllllll dayyyyyyyyy

    First time running the new session in the other gym so a little exploratory

    Seated calf

    Chest supported upper back row
    DB shrug
    Dual DB row
    DB RDL
    Neutral Pulldown

    Vertical pad preacher curl

    Really good session, numbers set after picking these movements up for the first time in an age

    Two more meals to sink this evening

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 30, 2021 at 5:23 pm in reply to: SL 5×5 supplemental exercises

    And what does session B look like?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 29, 2021 at 8:54 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Today was my push day.

    I’m bouncing between two gyms now, but this one was at the usual gym I’ve been using, so in line with a normal session

    DC Toe Press

    DB Seated Laterals
    Machine Shoulder Press
    Cuff laterals
    Rope Tri Extensions
    Decline machine Press

    Three work sets of each got the job done

    Pull session tomorrow in the other gym so looking to add the new rotation in

    One meal to go, then it’s bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 29, 2021 at 8:48 pm in reply to: SL 5×5 supplemental exercises

    I recommend you writing the sessions out in complete format mate.

    Exercise order and number of sets

    In principle I dislike your suggestion, but I may be misinterpreting what you’re saying, so clearly laying them out will be useful

Page 250 of 399