Forum Replies Created

Page 252 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 23, 2021 at 9:11 pm in reply to: Knee pain in squat variation

    I’m similar to Sas here mate, I do my leg pressing before any squat variations

    I like your idea of switching the sets around as well, doing the higher rep set before the loaded set, I’d definitely give that a go

    Just as an overarching point, also remember that if it comes to it, there’s no single movement worth ending yourself over mate.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 23, 2021 at 11:46 am in reply to: The Rebuild

    On a rest day today , and just sifted through the new clothing drop that Jord and Corinne kindly sent out to us.

    Really excited for this to go live, they get better each time ??

    Not a whole lot on today. Done some work this morning, steadily feeding, getting ready for a push session tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 22, 2021 at 8:54 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Not my best training week. Massively busy at work and it’s definitely taken away from my sessions. I’ll rest tomorrow, regroup, and go again.

    Had my pull session today. Tried my old Inzer Forever belt. Good grief, no idea how I used to lift with that on. I’m right soft now!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 22, 2021 at 8:51 pm in reply to: Deadlift Rep Range

    I wouldn’t go below 5 mate

    I think the rep ranges you’ve outline are fine, I’d personally err towards a little lower, so maybe 5-7 and 10-12, but that’s personal preference

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 22, 2021 at 8:48 pm in reply to: Laterals before pressing

    I do this mate. In the same way I do leg curls before I leg press.

    Granted I’m old and beaten up, but I like to get moving before the big compounds

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 21, 2021 at 8:36 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Calves and arms done and dusted.

    The gym was frustratingly busy this evening, which kind of ruined my flow, but it got done.

    Food prepping now, big pull session tomorrow and I’ve dusted the belt off so let’s see if that helps me go at it

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 21, 2021 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Online Powerlifting Coach

    Adam Bishop – athlete on here

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 21, 2021 at 8:23 pm in reply to: What’s the most impressive thing you’ve done in the gym?

    Well Bish has ruined this for the rest of us but I’ll go with some rep PBs

    Barbell Row – 220kg x 5
    DB Row – 150kg x 5
    Dips – 120kg x 5
    Squat – 300kg x 10
    Bench press – 180kg x 18 (yes it still haunts me that it wasn’t 20!)

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 21, 2021 at 8:16 pm in reply to: Conventional Lat Pulldown

    My suggestion was going to be rack chin, but @youngoscar beat me to it, so I’ll echo his thoughts there mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 20, 2021 at 8:22 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys. It’s been a busy busy start to the week so I’m glad of a bit of down time

    Food and supps are prepped for tomorrow, last meal is in now

    It’s arms and calves tomorrow, which is always a fun one

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 20, 2021 at 7:20 pm in reply to: Can I get a critique on my Pull Setup?

    I like the movement selection mate

    I’d prefer to see a larger gap in rep ranges between loaded set and back off set.

    If I was running three sets per movement, I’d still distinguish rep ranges

    Probably mid-rep, loaded, back off

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 19, 2021 at 10:58 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    TIRED

    Stupid start to the week.

    Really good leg session this evening though, I’m genuinely really happy with it

    Adductor
    Abductor
    Seated leg curl
    Pivot leg press
    Split stance leg press
    45deg leg press
    GHR

    Resting tomorrow. Food is prepped, just need my last meal to hurry up so I can feed and sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 19, 2021 at 10:45 pm in reply to: Drinking cream of rice

    Yep, as Clare and Bish have said, I do this daily with no discomfort or distress

    Real game changer for me working busy days, and when in a position like Bish where you’re really pushing weight, easy to sink too

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 19, 2021 at 10:42 pm in reply to: Upper/Lower EoD?

    You’ll need the drop in frequency mate as you will be increasing volume. The two need balancing to ensure recovery. It’s a sensible approach

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 19, 2021 at 10:02 pm in reply to: DELOAD, DECREASING VOLUME OR INTENSITY?

    Hi mate

    If you’re new to deloading then I think it’s wise that you try both and see how you get on.

    I personally would keep the structure the same and try one of two options

    1) Keep the loaded set but drop the back off set

    2) Drop the loaded set but keep the back off set

    If I was strength focussed I’d be doing it completely differently, but I’ll work on the premise that you’re hypertrophy focussed

Page 252 of 399