Forum Replies Created

Page 190 of 237
  • Marc

    Member
    January 8, 2023 at 7:24 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Rounded off a chilled weekend with my daughter going to an inflatable bounce place. To save any embarrassment Kerry went on with my youngest lol so I was basically the camera man capturing the moments.

    I live for moments like this, balance is key to happiness and it’s nice to have these memories.

    Last meal of the day going in, then it’s an early night for me ready to get at it tomorrow in the gym 👊🏿!

  • Marc

    Member
    January 7, 2023 at 9:58 pm in reply to: Water

    Definitely not a stupid question, better to ask in doubt. Take on board the advice above and you will see a big difference

  • Marc

    Member
    January 7, 2023 at 11:50 am in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    My last training session of the week ticked off early this morning. Prefer to train after 2 or 3 meals, but I’ve got my kids this weekend so an early session was on the cards so I can enjoy my time with them.

    Really good session, my strength felt good today. I’m been making day mobility and pre-post stretching a priority each day and today felt like things were clicking. I was able to add some more weight to my compound exercises today which felt good mentally and physically.

    I’m going to post a training reel tomorrow on my IG page from todays workout so keep a look out for that.

    Hope you all have a great weekend!

  • Marc

    Member
    January 6, 2023 at 8:08 pm in reply to: Shaving Body Hair

    Hi Florian

    Shaving can be pretty time consuming if you can’t use something that’s pretty quick like veet, especially if doing it yourself.

    I’d maybe think about laser hair removal like phoebe has said (I know this can work out expensive though) or having a wax then keeping on top of shaving regularly.

  • Marc

    Member
    January 6, 2023 at 8:03 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Hi guys

    Leg session for me this evening. Made some progress on my lifts but still working in very high rep ranges as I can’t load weight that I would like to just yet.

    Exercises today were;

    Leg extension x3
    Leg press x3
    DB rdl x2
    Lying leg curl x3
    Adductor x3
    Seated calf raise x3

    Although some wins with being able to increase weight on exercises, I really am itching to get back to training how I want to with legs and making the progress I know I need. It’s a process so I’m trying to remind myself this, but damn I miss training ‘properly’

  • Marc

    Member
    January 5, 2023 at 10:01 pm in reply to: Beginner- Advice on diet and how to proceed

    Thank you Meg and Nathan, I will up the steps and cardio and track food. Do you suggest training in the same way as I have been, so 1 working set to failure on each body part and every other day?

    Hi Rob
    It sounds like you are enjoying this style of training so I would stick with this style of training. Even on a cut try to stay as strong as possible for as long as you can. 1working set will help here for you and as you train every other day this will still allow for recovery from training to failure.

  • Marc

    Member
    January 5, 2023 at 9:41 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Usual rest day today. I had my bloodwork done this morning which I’m pleased about at this will help with planning with my push up phase this off season.

    I also had my usual rest day sports massage on my upper body working through some tight areas in my lats and serratus anterior.

    Heading to sleep now, legs tomorrow which I’m looking forward to and see what I’m able to do with my building back up gradually with what I am able to do.

  • Marc

    Member
    January 4, 2023 at 8:27 pm in reply to: Weights stalling what i have to do ?

    Agree with the questions sasan has asked. Also have you been increasing your weight in small increments? How long have you been on the plan / when was your last de-load in this current plan?

    If you can answer all the questions so far this will give us a better idea on the next steps

  • Marc

    Member
    January 4, 2023 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    So today ended up being a rest day (not what was planned). I’ve got my bloods booked in tomorrow morning and I usually like to leave a few days in between when getting them done.

    It’s been a few weeks delayed getting them done for different reasons, but I’m looking forward to get them back and mapping out the coming weeks on how I can start to push up in this off season.

    Theres improvements I want to make and I know this can’t be rushed, but having a concrete plan is how I work best (yes there might be changed a long the way which is normal) to give me a timeline to work towards and the blood work is important to establish the next steps.

    Morning routine as normal, some ab exercises and mobility / stretching to start my day!

  • Marc

    Member
    January 3, 2023 at 10:21 pm in reply to: Beginner- Advice on diet and how to proceed

    Hi Rob

    Thanks for sending over a detailed update. Your pictures haven’t uploaded, would you be able to try and re-add these so we can give the best update based on where you are at please and our recommendations. Thanks

  • Marc

    Member
    January 3, 2023 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Pull session today, later than usual. Linked up with my coach Cal and Zac (team pro coach) for a session.

    Was good to train with them. My own personal motivation is high so I didn’t necessarily need a push, but the energy training alongside them both were good and we will be getting a lot more sessions in too.

    We trained out of premier gym Coalville which time wise for all of us took around 20mins travel so it was ideal!

    Session today was;

    Underhand single arm hammer pulldown x2
    T bar row x2
    Dual handle latpulldown x3
    Standing single arm hammer strength row x2
    Seated rear delt row x2

  • Marc

    Member
    January 2, 2023 at 9:59 pm in reply to: Diet

    I agree with the comments above especially those that take into account your current routine as to whether a 5th meal is manageable. If a 5th meal is manageable go for it, if not you know you can also hit your targets in 1 less meal feeding. Do what works best for you

  • Marc

    Member
    January 2, 2023 at 9:53 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    First workout of the year ticked off for me today. Really good session, I hit push a little earlier than usual because the gym closed early today because of the bank holiday. I also did some posing after my workout as I know this is an area I can and will need to improve so I’m making this a priority more this off season.

    As of yet I have not go a date planned when to compete, I’m still building things up with my knee but I fully intend to compete this year. With how I have handled post comps (injury) I still feel I’m in a good place to compete this coming year and ultimately earn my first pro win and Olympia qualification.

    I’ll keep you all updated more as things progress.

  • Marc

    Member
    January 2, 2023 at 9:48 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    I see you started with TBJP January of 22 so a full year and now renewing is due for a congratulations!

    I am looking forward to following your progress this year and see you turn your trials into triumphs!!

    Thank you, I appreciate the message. I feel at home here so I’m really pleased to still be part of the team. Welcome aboard, I’m sure I speak for others on this members site who are excited to see you have joined and to also follow your journey!

  • Marc

    Member
    January 1, 2023 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Nutt butters

    My fat sources are cashew, pistachios, almonds, fishoil, flax seed and avocado. Do you think this is varity enough? Any suggestions?

    You’ve got a good variety of fat sources. Like Ryan said you will get additional fat from eating protein sources like salmon which are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. A good mix of nuts are seeds are good like you have mentioned, foods like walnuts, chia seeds and flaxseeds but go for ground flaxseeds as the whole seeds will pass through your digestive tract. Whole eggs are a favourite of mine as they are nutrient dense and provide both protein and fat. They also contain B vitamins which will give you more energy.

Page 190 of 237