Forum Replies Created

Page 191 of 237
  • Marc

    Member
    December 29, 2022 at 8:53 pm in reply to: Workout split query

    Hi Ryan

    What Clare and Phoebe have said is a good option. Alternatively if you do any more cardio doing some abs also would be a good idea. This is how I include my abs into my routine.

    If you don’t do morning cardio, adding in abs after your training but doing it as a circuit would be less time consuming than doing the exercises one at a time.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 28, 2022 at 8:27 pm in reply to: Quad Leg Press Stance Width

    I agree with all the comments above. I’d also add from a training perspective is there a particular way you want to train your muscles here. You mentioned both knee flexion and a closer stance. What body part are you trying to bias most from your training set up. That should give you the best indication of what foot position to have

  • Marc

    Member
    December 27, 2022 at 11:28 pm in reply to: Not feeling my chest during presses AT ALL

    I agree with the guys replies above here. I find on my push workouts doing pec deck first is great for activating my chest before the presses. If you choose to do this as your first exhaust I wouldn’t pre-exhaust your chest here. You still want to be able to keep your strength for your pressing movements.

    Strip the weight back on your presses and do them following a few pec fly sets. It might be worth using a chest press machine that converges (such as a Cybex eagle chest press) also as you might find you get greater stimulus on your chest due to the path the handles move in.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 26, 2022 at 9:30 pm in reply to: Can white rice cause indigestion and/or bloating?

    I think the replies from the team are all really good and valid. If I was in your position I’d use the information you know about rice and simply remove that for now.

    It seems potato is a good carb source for you so this would be an easy replacement. In terms of carb content you will likely find you will need to eat more potato when replacing rice. You could try pasta as this could be a good replacement for you.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 24, 2022 at 10:29 pm in reply to: Building muscle in your 40s

    I agree with the guys replies here. Age doesn’t have to be a limiting factor. Your rate of gain may well vary to someone else your age, but ultimately be consistent will get your further than not being so. I’m sure you can make progress still and enjoy it too!

  • Marc

    Member
    December 23, 2022 at 10:33 pm in reply to: Switching exercises

    I agree with what the guys have said above. Another point to also consider is when you plan in a de-load or de-volume. Your lifts might have stalled because you do not have bouts of short periods from training at a higher intensity. In some cases a de-load or de-volume could be the answer for lifts stalling. Is your body tired, his your recovery optimal? These are points to also consider before changing exercises.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 22, 2022 at 10:50 pm in reply to: Hiatal hernia

    Hi mate

    This isn’t something I’ve ever had or know of anyone who has. It seems like you are taking the right steps in terms of having an endoscopy.

    Info online I think can be a blessing but also a curse as we try to self-diagnose ourselves. I would wait for the advice from the person you are seeing.

    If however training you feel uncomfortable listen to your body. Work with your body not against so try not to do any exercises for now that cause major discomfort until you get further advice.

    All the best with this

  • Marc

    Member
    December 22, 2022 at 10:43 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Hi guys

    Rest day for me today. I’ve felt a little more fatigued this week so after speaking with cal I have ran a de-load week. 3 sessions in total, at reduced intensity which I think is really helping my body feeling more recovery.

    I had a sports massage today as usual on a rest day. The person who does my massages has also put together a mobility plan for me which I will be including daily to help my performance in the gym.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 18, 2022 at 9:30 pm in reply to: Iron monkey – no delivery??!!

    Hi everyone same problem here

    I order on 27 November and i still didn’t get anything?? I contact them by email and instagram and no response

    Did they give you a timeframe for when it will be completed. I use this company and always been reliable for me. Continue to follow it up, as turnaround is normally quick and it should be considering the main competition season is now over

  • Marc

    Member
    December 18, 2022 at 9:18 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    That was some Olympia final yesterday. A new era with a new MR Olympia. I did think Hadi deserved the win, but I also thought Derek looked very good so it was good to see them rewarded. Really pleased for Samson also, I thought he could have placed higher but 6th at his Olympia debut is very good.

    Rest day for me today, chilled day getting a few bits sorted for Christmas, watching the World Cup final and also time with family.

    Looking forward to getting back in the gym tomorrow!

  • Marc

    Member
    December 17, 2022 at 7:08 pm in reply to: Requested cancellation

    Hi Ritchie

    If you’re here to learn which I am sure you are which is why you signed up, it’s definitely worth sticking around. Not just from the content side of things but you can literally ask any questions you have and the team will get back to you.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 17, 2022 at 7:02 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Olympia weekend, open bodybuilding definitely looks interesting this year with such a stacked line up. I’d say there’s a strong chance that there will be a new MR Olympia this year, looking forward to see how this plays out.

    Today I did a push workout and some abs afterwards. Abs in an area I feel I can improve upon so I’m making them a priority this off season throughout instead of closer to competition prep as I know I can improve on them based on the stage pictures this year.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 16, 2022 at 6:52 pm in reply to: looking for coach (max £150 per month)

    As above! You may find that prices may vary with coaches, but be sure to know you will get the best value from coaches and you might have to pay a little over the amount you want to get the service and results you want.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 16, 2022 at 6:50 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Hi all

    Feels like forever that I’ve been able to write my log. I’m still here, pushing on.

    Mainly been training upper body, with the odd leg session mainly isolation exercises.

    Weight holding between 126-127kg and I’m not in a push up phase. Very happy with this because there are so many tools that haven’t been used yet.

    Olympia weekend, I’m excited to watch it all unfold as it’s a stacked line up across each division. Of course, I’d love to be there competing this year, but as a fan of bodybuilding it’s still really cool to watch it!

  • Marc

    Member
    December 14, 2022 at 9:19 pm in reply to: Aspiration

    Comes down to personal preference. In theory yeah you should do it, but I’ve not done that for a while myself personally.

Page 191 of 237