Forum Replies Created

Page 192 of 237
  • Marc

    Member
    December 13, 2022 at 11:25 pm in reply to: Top 5 supplements

    Peter has got this one spot on. Just on the protein suggestion, personally I would go with performance isolate as it’s tri blend and you will be covering all bases – hydro isolate and isolate and concentrate proteins so you will be getting the very best quality protein

  • Marc

    Member
    December 12, 2022 at 11:18 pm in reply to: Critique my split

    I agree with Oscar, the reason I think he would say only one push session is to focus on the body parts that you want to bring up the most.

    The only suggestion I would make in the back of Oscar’s reply is that If this was me I’d like to start my training week with a body part I want to progress the most, so in your case legs or back as you will be fresher after a rest day.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 11, 2022 at 11:42 pm in reply to: Splitting Leg days

    Lots of useful comments here from the guys. I’ve found both quad only and hams only sessions have worked well for me years ago. But the most benefit I’ve found was 2 full leg sessions a week (similar to what you have wrote). First session starting with quad exercises and the second session starting with hams. This meant that overall volume was more specific and that I didn’t find myself doing more exercises than need say for example if I trained only quads and calves. Trial and error as we all have given different opinions. Think about what is giving you the best return progress wise and what you can recover from also.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 10, 2022 at 10:08 pm in reply to: A gym etiquette dilemma

    I agree with Clare and Rich with there replies. Don’t let it affect your session!

  • Marc

    Member
    December 9, 2022 at 9:59 pm in reply to: Session variations

    I’m in the side of running one split as this is what’s worked for me personally. However, two splits could be of benefit say if you have a lagging part and wanted more volume.

    There’s lots of replies here to your question so have a think what you might prefer and go down that route. Most of all go with what will bring you most enjoyment as that will likely help your progress the most.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 8, 2022 at 9:59 pm in reply to: First time running HGH

    Hi Stuart

    I agree with all the guys replies above here. Definitely running HGH daily as opposed to 3 times a week at a lower daily dose of 2ish would serve you better

  • Hi Dan

    Well done on your recovery and also taking steps to reach your own personal goals.

    There’s lots of coaches on the tbjp team who can help you. What I would say is to have a look through each coach profile (whether tbjp team or other coaches) , look at client results / testimonials and then reach out to the coach to have an initial consult call to ask any questions you have to see if you would gel together.

    There’s also no harm in not agreeing to sign up with the coach there and then, weigh up your options and see who you get on with the most and you feel and give you the most value.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 6, 2022 at 9:02 pm in reply to: Deload style

    My approach is like what Sas has said. But I also listen to my body, because if I am feeling more fatigued then I will opt for rest days to promote recovery instead of still going to the gym to do de-load sessions.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 5, 2022 at 8:30 pm in reply to: Salt before stage

    I agree with all the comments above. Salt can definitely be used to your advantage pre-stage but there are several factors to take into account that have been mentioned above. Personally I find salt pre-stage does help me. For yourself it will be down to how you have approached your peak

  • Marc

    Member
    December 5, 2022 at 1:14 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Hi Laurenz

    Thanks for your message. I have not been able to access my log to update, only answer questions ( we are working on getting this fixed).

    I am ok thanks, still training just upper body for the moment as still waiting tests back for my knee.

    Training is going well, weight is holding around 125/126kg which I am very pleased about with this current health phase. I plan to get my blood work done within the next week.


    Hope you’re all good!

  • Marc

    Member
    December 4, 2022 at 11:36 pm in reply to: Bulk now or cut another month ?

    Well done with the progress you have made so far on your cut. I would advise you to continue cutting. although you can’t spot reduce, aim to get some more bodyfat of from your lower body to put you in a good place before you start your bulk.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 2, 2022 at 10:25 pm in reply to: EAA’S TIMING

    Hi Warren

    The advice from Rich and Peter are spot on here. Either approach would be completely fine to support your workout.

  • Marc

    Member
    December 1, 2022 at 9:04 pm in reply to: Discussion about training split

    Your training plan set up to target your chest and back looks good and you have sufficient volume here to improve these muscles groups. I understand when wanting to bring up body parts it can become a guessing game as to how much to do / what to do. You have a solid plan here to progress. For you to progress it’s best to stick with a set plan where you can log book each week to take progress and grow. This progress can come from form, increase in weight, doing an extra rep etc. try to stay focused on one set plan, enjoy the process and I’m sure the results will follow also!

  • Marc

    Member
    November 30, 2022 at 10:31 pm in reply to: Weigh in/Making weight

    Very good advice from the guys here, I would take this on board. Try not to panic as that will lead to stress and you are on the money. Control the variables without any drastic changes and I’m sure you will be fine . All the best for your competition!

  • Marc

    Member
    November 29, 2022 at 9:05 pm in reply to: Nutt butters

    I wouldn’t imagine you would be using a huge amount so I’m sure it will digest fine. It sounds like you want to give it a try, so I would go for it within your macros. Variety is always good too!

Page 192 of 237