Forum Replies Created

Page 197 of 236
  • Marc

    Member
    October 16, 2022 at 4:25 pm in reply to: To be or not to be coached

    So with coaching and who to go with it’s very much on a individual basis. I’d look into coaches who you like the look of in terms the content they put out, client results, whether you connect with their methods too. I’d then look into getting some consultations called booked in with various coaches you like the look off. Have a set a questions to ask each coach, weigh up the pros and cons for each.

    It might also be worth if you can speaking with some of the clients they coach to find out about their experience working with the said coach.

    Don’t rush the decision take your time and make sure the coach is on the same wavelength as you and also invested in your own progress.

    I hope this helps.

  • Marc

    Member
    October 16, 2022 at 4:20 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Daily check ins still being sent over to cal. Again today I had a weight drop 0.6kg (I’ve been dropping weight consistently over this week). Day 2 of now cardio, just steps at 12k. This is by far the best I have seen myself this year with some adjustments I felt was necessary and Cal was happy to go with my feedback and we are well on track to bring my best for Spain.

    I’ll be back training tomorrow and also cardio, and carb’s tomorrow will be double to avoid me flattening off too much with increased output from training and also cardio.

    My mind is in a great place and I’m focused on bringing a look to the stage I feel is what I’m really known for, especially based on 2020s condition as that for me is the benchmark I should be reaching and exceeding.

    But for now as always, head down tunnel vision and don’t be complacent.

  • Marc

    Member
    October 15, 2022 at 7:48 pm in reply to: How to approach diet, macros for a beginner

    Hi Dean

    All the replies from the guys I agree with. As you have been out of routine for some time also try not to go all in and change everything at once. Make small changes that are manageable to start so that you can build up a routine that is sustainable and I’m sure you will make great progress

  • Marc

    Member
    October 15, 2022 at 6:54 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Hi guys

    Another day with no weights today, I won’t start weight training again until Monday which gives me one full week post show for my body to have rested.

    I’m getting sharper by the day and new levels of conditioning being reached. Today I did no cardio just steps at 12k. Carbs were also increased slightly to slow down the rate of loss a little seeing as I’m 3 weeks out from the Spain show this weekend.

    Today has been a really nice day, spent the day with my daughter who I haven’t seen for a few weeks due to competing. Days like these are priceless and I really cherish them.

    Hope you all are having a good weekend!

  • Marc

    Member
    October 14, 2022 at 7:42 pm in reply to: Hiit precontest

    I agree with what Clare and Louis have said here.

    Also Being ready ahead of schedule is a very good thing. It will then give you a change to drop fatigue leading into the show and potential to eat higher calories too. You’re looking great and in a nice spot, so it’s clearly working what you’re doing. I would speak with your coach though if you have any concerns on this front. We can give our opinion, but your coach will be able to outline his thought process. There might be changes coming to output with you being ahead of schedule. You just never know without asking! All the best, keep up the good work

  • Marc

    Member
    October 14, 2022 at 7:37 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    So the plan for the rest of the week is continue to rest from weights. This morning I did one hour fasted cardio, followed by abs/
    Mobility and 3 rounds of posing. Weight is dropping and condition is improving. Fatigue is also going by the day so this is all positives signs, especially as I have committed to competing at the European Pro show in Spain November 6th.

    I also had a sports massage today, which was much needed.

    Meal set up is just over 2100 calories each day. Hunger is there, but eyes are firmly fixed on bringing my best look to my last attempt at qualifying for this years mr Olympia when I compete in Spain.

    … oh my new tbJP clothing arrived today, the new drop is 🔥… if you haven’t checked it out already you should definitely get involved. Don’t forget code: Marc10 can save you £ site wide too, lol a little plug there

  • Marc

    Member
    October 13, 2022 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Prehab/Mobility Resources

    Another good person to follow on Instagram would be Chris Knott – apx_education_

    Puts out regular content and I’m sure if you ever had a question he would get back to you also. He’s someone I’ve used myself too, really invested in his work!

  • Marc

    Member
    October 13, 2022 at 8:03 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Another rest day from weights today. I did do one hour fasted cardio incline walking in the gym today, alongside abs/stretching and 3 rounds of posing.

    Feeling like fatigue is dropping off resting from weights and with this being another rest day calories were lower at just over 2100.

    I’m focused on doing one last show this year, not committed to one over an another but it won’t be until next month when I step on stage again.

    I could have shut it down, but I do feel there is still a better showing from me to come so because of this I want to go again. More so to prove to myself that there’s better to come again and when I achieve this after my 4th show this year whatever the result might be I will very content with the season I’ve had.

  • Marc

    Member
    October 12, 2022 at 7:54 pm in reply to: Training on a empty stomach

    My approach would be add some extra carbs pre bed with your last meal. When training have some intra carbs – there is a good range on the tbJP that you can choose from which will help you through your session. Then post workout ensure you get a nice balance of protein and carbs.

  • Marc

    Member
    October 12, 2022 at 7:51 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    First day back in the gym today post show on Sunday. Just went in and done some cardio today, 45mins in total but no weights.

    Food today I went with 325P 350C 40F … purely because I’m seeing still how I feel over the next few days as to whether to go for another show so keeping things locked in and back in my routine at home.

    Steps today have landed just over 13k. Surprising as I was trying to use today as more of a relaxed day lol but no such thing they soon add up with food shopping, seeing family, odd bits around the house.

    Checked in with cal this morning and visually still in a nice spot should I compete again so the few days relaxed eating more than anything has helped with dropping some fatigue post back to back shows.

    Mentally I’m prepared for another show in all honesty, especially after the two days being relaxed and dropping fatigue pulling back on cardio and weights this week. But I’m not rushing any decisions as I need to weigh up the pros and cons.

  • Marc

    Member
    October 12, 2022 at 7:47 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    So I’ve landed back in the U.K. this evening after being out in Italy. Been a relaxed day today of intuitively eating as cal had advised. To be honest I’ve ate mainly protein and veg today as I travelled and slept on the flight. Had a Caribbean meal this evening back at home with family.

    Still really in two minds whether to do one more show or not this season. Lots of thoughts at the moment but I don’t feel like I need to commitment to a decision right now.

    I know the areas that need to be improved to be better for next year. So it’s whether I shift into off season now or have one last run whilst I’m in shape. I’ll take a few more days to think on it.

    If any of you read this log, I’m always happy to listen to your input / point of view on the above.

    Been reading since you signed here/ following you for several years on IG.

    Amazing physique and your ceiling is high as fuck for how far I believe you can go.

    The improvements you’ve made since your last competition (Spain 2020?) Are insane 🤯

    With more time to allow your body to keep improving you will do some real damage in the years to come. Think you just need to ask yourself if the goal is to get to the Olympia, or to do some real damage at the Olympia.

    Keep putting the work in either way bro, very impressive and amazing aesthetics 👊[/quote]
    Thanks Mitch, welcome to the site and also thanks for reading my logs.

    Completely agree with your comments, time is still need for me to make the necessary improvements.

    In terms of Olympia that’s always been the goal for this year. Having done the shows so far there’s still an element of me and my coach learning my body for a better peak. If I compete again and Olympia qualification happens then that would be great. If I didn’t happen but the peak was better than my other 3 shows then that would be a huge win and enough for me to say I’ve achieved my best look I can shut it down. Either way a decision will be made in the next few days for sure

  • Marc

    Member
    October 12, 2022 at 7:43 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Thanks Markus, appreciate your reply. I’m confident based on todays check in those shows you mentioned are realistic… I’m uploading my log shortly with my thoughts

  • Marc

    Member
    October 11, 2022 at 9:10 pm in reply to: Macro counting confusion

    So I count trace macros in my food choices. But I know some of the guys on here do not count trace. Whichever approach you take be consistent with it.

    As for sauces I do not count this in my macros. But say I have 5 meals a day, 3 of these will have sauces and this will stay the same as it’s a consistent variable. Although I don’t track or weigh it I’m not using huge amounts. But again, to be extra precise you could count this in. Again, be consistent with your approach.

    I hope this helps you

  • Marc

    Member
    October 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    So I’ve landed back in the U.K. this evening after being out in Italy. Been a relaxed day today of intuitively eating as cal had advised. To be honest I’ve ate mainly protein and veg today as I travelled and slept on the flight. Had a Caribbean meal this evening back at home with family.

    Still really in two minds whether to do one more show or not this season. Lots of thoughts at the moment but I don’t feel like I need to commitment to a decision right now.

    I know the areas that need to be improved to be better for next year. So it’s whether I shift into off season now or have one last run whilst I’m in shape. I’ll take a few more days to think on it.

    If any of you read this log, I’m always happy to listen to your input / point of view on the above.

  • Marc

    Member
    October 10, 2022 at 6:24 pm in reply to: Shoulder pain from sleeping

    Pain could well be an indicator that something Isn’t quite right. Adjusting sleep could help like the guys have said, but I’d also suggest getting your shoulder checked by a specialist (if you haven’t already) as there could be some things you could be doing aside from adjusting your sleep that would benefit you

Page 197 of 236