Marc
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Guys
Sorry I forgot to post yesterday on my log, it’s been a busy few days with travel and competing.
So yesterday was my 3rd show in 3 weeks back to back. I placed 3rd in open mens bodybuilding. Of course I’d like to have placed higher, but the guys ahead of me were really good and I’m pleased James the win. Myself and James spoke back stage which was pretty cool and we both agreed it would be good if one of us got the win for the brits and I’m pleased he earned his place again.
The plan for me is a few days down time, my last day currently here in Rome with Kerry (she also competed) so it’s been a day of walking and eating what we like. Back to the U.K. tomorrow early evening and I will make a decision as to whether I go again with another show but if I do it definitely won’t be Prague as I want to continue to improve on my showings physique wise which I have done so far with my 3 shows and I believe Prague would be too soon for me.
As always, I’ll keep you all updated once I have made a decision.
Pleased for another top 5 placing in my 3 shows so far this year.
-
A day of carb up today, literally took things meal by meal. Carbs for each meal (6 total) did not go above 150g. This has kept me stomach nice and compact but also doing the job with fullness too.
1 more meal to go in, where Cal will look at me shortly ahead of me going to sleep and map out what i should.
It’s been a grind these last few weeks with 3 back to back shows each weekend but I’m blessed to be doing what I enjoy and improving condition.
Less than 24 hours now until the Italy – Tsunami Cup and I’m looking forward to it.
-
Registration all done and dusted for the tsunami cup on Sunday, I will be number 3. Had a good day today, nice and chilled did my last workout today – an arms session along with posing practice.
1 more meal to go in today then I’ll be off to sleep ahead of an in person check in with Cal tomorrow where we will take things meal by meal.
-
I think the guys here have all covered this one well. Another prep hack I find that can be pretty cool is 1calorie ice pops
-
Pretty chilled day out here in Italy. Eat, sleep and pose – dropping fatigue from pushing for better condition and also traveling yesterday.
Cardio was pulled from today and steps today between 6-7k in total. I did a light push session today with Rhys, 5 exercises in total 2 sets with reps range between 10-15 and nothing crazy weight wise.
Happy with how I am looking now condition wise, it’s a lot better than my previous two shows so I’m sure I will look my best so far this year.
-
It doesn’t have to be state of the art, cheap and cheerful maybe even get a second hand one. End of the day it will do the job so shop around for a bargain
-
Hi guys
So I’ve arrived in Italy today ahead of the tsunami cup on Sunday. Day of traveling from early morning so no weights today, just some light cardio.
A few more meals to go in tonight and then off to sleep to get some well needed rest.
-
I count all of my macros including trace. This is of course a personal preference but whichever approach you take either trace or direct, it’s best to be consistent.
-
Pull workout today, with 1 rep in reserve as I don’t want to fatigue my CNS anymore than what’s needed with this being peak week.
Two sets in total, top set and back off set working in rep ranges 8-12 and 12-15. Exercises today were;
Single arm pulldown
Cybex single arm seated row
Chest supported t-bar row
Rear delt row
HyperextensionsCardio is currently AM and PM and steps today tapered to 10k from 12k. Calories are at 1960 with 75g coming from carbs. Happy with how I’m looking and I’ve closed in on condition that I expect of myself, so I’m looking forward to this weekend and bringing my best to the stage.
-
I generally wouldn’t eat cruciferous vegetables; so veg like kale, broccoli, cauliflower… if you have a search in google you will see the full range. Personally for me those veg make me bloated and I feel gassy. I stick to, lettuce, red pepper, mushrooms and get the rest of my micronutrients (calories depending) from pineapple, mixed berries, banana. But everyone is different, what veg I can’t get away with might be completely fine for you. Trial and error, but don’t go over board with your veggies
-
Full leg session today, leaving 1-2 reps in reserve as I head into my 3rd back to back peak week. Decent session, nothing crazy in terms of weight but I made sure each rep was controlled through the eccentric and concentric parts of the movement.
Exercises today;
Seated leg curl
45 degree leg press
Leg extension
Adductor machine
Standing calf raiseI also headed over to transform now, where I had a bespoke IV drip – 1 litre in total of a range of multiple vitamins and minerals; including NAC, NAD, glutathione, selenium, b vitamins to name but a few. This is the first time I’ve had this done and I am glad I have done it as being in competition prep and doing back to back shows I need to ensure I’m looking after my health, especially my immune system.
-
Everyone is different mate. It seems like you are in a groove and it works for you so I wouldn’t really change it. But do make sure you are getting enough sleep and feeling rested before training
-
Second show of the season yesterday in France. My highest placing to date as an IFBB pro with a second place finish. Closing in on the condition that I expect of myself. This show wasn’t on my radar but I decided last minute to do it and I’m glad I did. Back to work today, calories are 1960 as I now push on for my 3rd show next weekend where I am to bring my all time best with the added size I’ve put on .
-
I agree with Peter and Clare here. I also find supplementing with veggie might really helps me too. If you eating veg be mindful that Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, cauliflower etc could be the cause so either limit this or avoid them. Some fresh lemon and ginger along with tbJP glutamine first thing in the morning I would advise too.
-
Hi guys
Show day number 2 of the season for me. Both layers of tan sorted and now back at the apartment kicking back legs up resting.Pre- judging starts at 6pm (5pm U.K. time) 3 classes, mens physique, classic and bodybuilding – bodybuilding is last.
I’m bringing a much much tighter physique today and no comprise in fullness. I pray today is the day I punch my ticket to the mr Olympia and get the show win.