Marc
Forum Replies Created
-
….so I’m in France to compete at the Yamamoto cup. This show wasn’t on my radar posts Arnold’s, but having pulled just under 9lbs off and condition improving and not affecting my fullness in the slightest I decided with Cal this show made sense. So I’m here supporting my other half Kerry competing today and then tomorrow I will competing myself.
-
All the guys have hit the nail on the head here. Work out how much is needed to help you work towards your current goal and get stuck in to hitting your daily protein target
-
Italy, Spain , Reno, Prague of the top of my head
Brett mentioned that Romania is the last qualifier for this years olympia – just for your information 🙏
That leg improvement at the arnolds showing was not from this earth, but agreeing you need to be more conditioned – but you will defo get there 💯⏳[/quote]
I will travel to different shows as what’s needed to earn that Olympia qualification. Thanks for confirming Romania is the last show.Appreciate your kind words with leg development. The next show will be a very different me in terms of condition 💪🏿
-
Push session today close to home. My training partner Rhys travelled over from his own gym Shredz fitness centre to help push me through my workout and also to put me through rounds of posing.
I had a really good session and posing. I can’t really explain what the result did for me on Sunday other than it’s taken me back to my roots. Head down, work hard and show on stage that I am better than what I displayed on Sunday. In my mind now, it’s even more tunnel vision less talk and more action.
I also had a sports massage upper body today which was much needed. 1 more meal going in then bed time for me.
-
Pull session today at Shredz. Solo session but Rhys pushed me through the workout. Today is 150g carbs total for the day but to honest I feel like I’m on 1000g carbs. My focus is to be better and to be better hunger doesn’t come into it. I’ve set myself the target of winning my first pro show this year. Arnold’s U.K. I didn’t display a good enough physique by my standards to be competitive enough. So now I have 1.5 weeks to correct this heading into Italy my next show. All in!
-
What shows are left that qualify for the O this year?
Italy, Spain , Reno, Prague of the top of my head
-
There’s lots of options mate that are cheaper alternatives; pasta, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, ground rice, cream of rice, noodles, rice pudding, oats, bagels, bagel thins. Micronutrients wise fruit – pineapple, berries, banana. Have a experiment with foods that you would enjoy and rotate your carb sources around
-
Solo legs session today – quads, adductors and calves. First session post Arnold’s U.K. it was good one and pushed decent weight. Cardio was back in today at 45mins and steps at 12k, which I’ve gone over as I had quite a few things to get done.
Food set up today was 325P 200C 40F. Condition needs to improve for next show, so as I’ve said from the very start of prep whatever needs to be done will get ticked off by myself. No emotions attached just results and that’s my focus for the next show.
1 more meal to go then an early night for me.
-
When is your next competition?
Monitoring how condition improves over the next few weeks. It won’t be france I can confirm that as I never applied for that show.
-
Hi guys, 5th place yesterday at the Arnold’s U.K. in a very competitive open bodybuilding line up. Great to be back on stage and bring added muscle tissue. Now moving into next shows it’s to refine my look and bring better condition to ensure I move up the placings and get that all important Olympia qualification this year.
Jay cutler, flex wheeler and the head coach all came up and spoke to me post show with lots of positive feedback. The fire remains for me and as does the goal, so it was back to work today working on the necessary improvements required.
-
Hi guys
My log didn’t upload yesterday my phone reception was non existent yesterday.
Yesterday update –
day 3 loading went very well. Woke up a lot fuller after day 2 carb load + burger and as day 3 loading (yesterday progressed I got tighter). Carbs were pulled back yesterday to 125g across 5 meals instead of 6 as I had reached peak fullness and there was no need to force extra food.
Meet and greet / athlete registration was all good yesterday for the Arnold’s U.K. great to see the bodybuilding community together.
Todays update –
Show day! I have woke up 267.4lbs which is 27.4lbs up on my last stage weight in 2020. Harder, dryer, fuller, tighter. Myself and Cal are both very happy with where I have landed this morning.
As I don’t compete in pre-judging until 7pm today we will run smaller meals to maintain condition and get sharper as the day goes on.
This is definitely going to be the best version of me ever to date stepping on stage I can guarantee that. The rest will be down to the judges.
-
Solo push session today. Had a longer than usual nap today as I was feeling a little more tired today, likely because the recent changes to food but also because after fasted cardio in the morning I’m getting a good chunk of my 14k steps ticked off.
But anyway, my push session today was really good. Listening to my body, working with weights that I can get a good mind to muscle connection and getting it done.
Skin is definitely feeling tighter, although I feel flat for me I’m still getting a very good pump.
Exercises today were;
Pec deck x 3
Incline hammer chest press x3
Nautilus seated chest press x 2
High cable chest flyes x 2
Single arm cuffed lateral raise x2
Seated machine lateral raise x2
Are there any warmup sets involved before the working sets Marc? Cheers in advance [/quote]
Hi Ryan, yes still warm up sets as normal with my training -
How is your current off season going? Are you gaining weight ok? Your steps are high for off season so be mindful that you’ll need to factor this in with your food set up. Speaking from experience your steps is a consistent variable for you so you won’t be getting any additional benefit on heart health. Adding in HIIT a few times a week would be a smart move. Be sure to factor this is within your food to ensure you continue to gain weight in this phase