Marc
Forum Replies Created
-
Day 1 of carb loading going in today. Meals have gone in really easy. I’m still macro tracking and using foods I know digest really well for me and that I have been using throughout prep.
My look is literally changing by the meal; tighter, dryer, more conditioned/separation and fullness. Still a lot more room to go, but slow and steady. The benefit of me being in really good condition before the load is that my body is primed for the load.
So good set up for the 5 meals I’ve had so far;
Meal 1: P40 C150 F25
Meal 2-5: P40 C175 F25Another 1-2 meals will be going in today based on what cal decides. The benefit of staying at his house is that he can see me in person and make the decisions based on what he sees.
I’m really happy with how the process is going
-
Marc
MemberSeptember 21, 2022 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Tips and ideas for higher fat meals on rest daysMy personal favourite is peanut butter, there are so many different options depending on your own personal preference and what will fit your calories. But… I think Peter has literally given all the staples here, so you’ve got plenty of options!! Enjoy
-
Arms and 1 delt exercise today. This was my last official gym session today (the next one will be a light pump session on Friday). Today was recorded for the tbJP members site, so an exclusive one for you guys from me so close to show day.
Nothing crazy in terms of training, 2 sets working in the 8-12 and 12-15 rep range. Finished off with some posing and then just an update on how the next few days will go leading into the show.
Not long now, I’m excited to start the carb loading process tomorrow!
-
agree with Peter here, taking the approach he said It also gives your body the opportunity to take some stress of your GI (post bulk) reset appetite, and drop any inflammation that has been accumulated from pushing the bulk.
It’s essential IMO to have this phase. I’d also taper training volume down to wash any built up fatigue during your push up phase
-
Last pull session of prep today with cal and Rhys. The little top up of food yesterday (burgers and cookies) did exactly what was needed for my physique. A little extra life and more pop, perfect place for when the loading begins in a few days.
Cal is very very happy with my look today, from what he would say is a small bit of food yesterday it’s landed us in the perfect spot for when loading truly begins.
I’m excited to see my physique come to life because I haven’t been legit full for weeks, but I haven’t needed to be because condition was key. Now condition is locked in, this is where my physique will transform and come into it own. I literally can’t wait, I know I will bring my best so from here it’s simply to keep following the plan and enjoying the process.
-
Agree with Rich and Clare here. Literally go with the flavour(s) that stand out to you the most and I’m certain you will love it as there are sooo many good flavours
-
Medium day carb cycling diet today, so 250g total. Felt pretty floored today but that comes with the territory of this new set point condition.
I trained push today with cal and then done some rounds of posing. He is very very happy with how I am looking and said now it’s simply a case of landing the ship as I’m ready. He doesn’t want me to go any flatter, so I’m now having 2 burgers and cookies on top of my baseline diet as the position I am in today if we didn’t have this top up then it would be a longer process filling me up when the loading starts on Thursday.
So food is going in now (of course I’m happy with the extra food) but more so knowing the hard work is now complete.
Drop fatigue and take each day as it comes now.
-
Pick n mix or Iron brewed are my personal favourites. I’ve worked my way through the flavours lol, prep life
-
So, I’m officially 1 week out today from the Arnold’s classic U.K. . Another new low today on prep this morning, which has been pretty much the case the majority of this last week.
Cardio was pulled this morning, and steps tapered again from 12k to 10k. Instead of running a low carb day which was originally planned – 150g, Cal said to run a high carb day 350g before dropping back into a little more of a deficit Mon-weds, ahead of the pre-planned carb load which will start on Thursday. My body is very responsive at the moment, daily condition improving and visually primed well for when the carb load begins.
I’m locked into the process and enjoying every minute.
Today has been a rest day, pretty chilled sauna and steam room, food shopping and a little walk to help get steps up.
Plan for another earlier than usual night tonight,ahead of tomorrows check in and plan for the day food wise.
As always, I’ll keep you guys updated.
-
Not a fan of pre-mixed I’d rather do that myself
-
Session close to home today, arms + 1 rear / medial delt exercise. Again nothing to failure in todays workout, leaving a few reps in reserve and no extended sets.
For the 3rd day running a new weight low, condition improving by the day. On the flat side but in the perfect position here leading into peak week. Instead of a low carb day, cal has advised to run a medium carb day instead – so 250g carbs total for the day.
Mindset is strong, taking my body where it needs to go right now to ensure I bring the level of condition I know I can bring.
Steps reduced today from 16k to 12k as we start to taper down to manage fatigue.
-
Listened to the podcast today man, really good to hear the changes made and how it’s reaped so much progress and enjoyment alongside it.
You look mad, insane shape and I can’t wait to see you on that Arnold stage alongside some of those guys competing, going to be a real battle. Whatever the outcome, unbelievable how much progress has been made in the time scale you’ve done it! Good luck!
Hi Jason
Thanks so much mate, really appreciate your comment and feedback. Not long now, I’m looking forward to competing at my first Arnold’s and bringing my very best. The rest will be down to the judges.
-
Couldn’t have said it any better than what Peter has said. All the best with your bulk
-
Last leg session of prep today. Kept my sets at 1-2 reps in reserve. With being in a deeper deficit this week and pushing for true stage condition and with fatigue being higher it’s important that I didn’t train close to failure as this would have put me in a deeper hole which just isn’t necessary. Gone are the days when I would carry on training to failure so close to competing. With experience comes wisdom and this prep has taught me a lot.
On a side note, condition is changing daily and visually I am getting dryer and more conditioned by the day. Still maintaining relatively good fullness, which is exciting knowing that I still have my ‘pop’ even in a deep calorie deficit.
One more meal to go tonight, then it’s off to bed for me.