Forum Replies Created

Page 205 of 236
  • Marc

    Member
    August 17, 2022 at 7:45 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Check in this morning with Cal. He was very very happy with todays look, I’m getting dryer and harder by the check in and my condition is continuing to improve. The goal is to get legit peeled, so that is the very much a focus for me. There are no direct changes based on todays visuals. My next check in will be Friday and also I will see cal in person too for training and also posing – he hasn’t seen me in a few weeks in person due to being in America.

    Energy felt low today, I’d definitely say the way my body has been responding I’m having to dig deeper now.

    Pull session today, headphones in and did what I needed to do. Moved a good amount of weight across the entire session and overall strength held really well. Feeling pretty tired this evening, one more meal then I’m off to sleep. 5.5weeks out and from the Arnold’s U.K. and counting!

  • Marc

    Member
    August 16, 2022 at 6:47 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Hello Marc! What daily supps are you taking from the TBJP line and when?

    Hi Rasmus

    I am using the following tbJP supps;

    Morning:
    Vital support
    Love heart
    Oh-mega pharma pro
    K2 + D3

    Pre:
    Pumpage or prepare pro
    Creatine

    Intra:
    Sustain

    Post workout:
    Halcyon

    Pre bed:
    Vital support
    Love heart
    Oh-mega pharma pro
    Dream sleep
    Cure – coming
    OsteoPro
    K2 + D3

    *high carb days – digest pharma pro

  • Marc

    Member
    August 16, 2022 at 5:12 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Usual day set up; fasted cardio, abs, some stretching and then posing.

    I also had a Sports massage (I usually have this on a rest day Thursday) but I’ve added in a second day treatment to focus on lower body also as my upper body has been the main focus. Also two in person posing clients which I am really enjoying helping competitors to work on their stage presence.

    So today was push day, and my workout went well. Initially I felt a little tired going into my workout even though I had a good nights sleep and a good nap pre gym. My usual staple exercises today for push + 1 additional exercise today for triceps;

    Pec deck x3
    Incline prime chest press x3
    Seated nautilus chest press x2
    Standing cable flyes x3
    Incline bench cuff laterals x3
    Seated machine lat raise x2
    Triceps pushdown x1

  • Marc

    Member
    August 16, 2022 at 4:58 am in reply to: Did I Blow My Prep?

    I completely agree with what Kuba has said. I would now use this time to slowly reverse diet and go into a gaining phase. The key here is slowly, don’t use the period to over eat to satisfy cravings, take your time and you can added some quality muscle tissue to your frame

  • Marc

    Member
    August 16, 2022 at 4:55 am in reply to: Cream of rice texture/consistency

    All the flavours for me have been consistent. As long as you are making it the same way as previously then it will be exactly the same

  • Marc

    Member
    August 15, 2022 at 9:37 pm in reply to: Deload/Devolume

    Hi Matt
    If you need a de-load then you should essentially do just that. You aren’t trying to beat the log book here ever. The purpose of a de-load is reduce inflammation in your muscles, drop fatigue and put you in a position post de-load where you’re feeling rested and ready to return back to training. Trying to beat the log book would mean you are still wanting to carry on training as normal, which wouldn’t be the best course of action here given that you said your body is giving you all the signs that you need a de-load.
    Cut back on your number of sets and reduce training intensity also. You may want to reduce training sessions down over the course of the week also to give your body a better chance to recover.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 15, 2022 at 9:17 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Check in this morning with Cal, post high carb day + off plan meal and 2 cookies saw me with an 0.5kg weight drop + a new low weight on prep and arguably my best look to date on prep. Cal was very very happy with todays check in, as I am more than on track to be ready early for my first show in just under 6 weeks time. Not changes today to my plan, next check in will be Wednesday morning.

    Quads, adductors and calves today I had a great session. Really felt like I was firing on all cylinders today. I’m coming down to the final few weeks on prep now and I’m here for it. Whatever needs to be done will get done to make sure I bring my best.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 14, 2022 at 8:41 pm in reply to: 10 weeks out. Am I behind?

    You’re in a nice spot mate, your current coach is doing a good job with you! Don’t let up on your prep, stay focused and you can be ready early for your show which is always a good thing.

    To improve further, I would recommend working on your poses so you display your physique to the fullest and this will also increase confidence on stage too which the judges will notice straight away.

    If you ever need some help with posing I can offer you some tips. I also do Skype posing sessions too which are just as helpful as in person posing sessions

  • Marc

    Member
    August 14, 2022 at 7:55 am in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Check in today sent to Cal. He is very happy with how I am coming in, today is the Sharpest look to date so far on prep. Big noticeable changes in my glutes and more lines in my legs.

    Today is a rest day, low carb day is now a high carb day + off plan meal and dessert. This is the same set up as the last two weeks and it is serving me well.

    Tomorrow will be another check in post food, with changes to be made further into a deficit to keep things moving with me being 6 weeks out this weekend from the Arnold’s U.K.

    On a personal note, I’m really happy with where I am with prep. Full focus to bring my very best!

  • Marc

    Member
    August 13, 2022 at 7:31 pm in reply to: Class

    If I was in your position I would do novice. It’s your first time competing, you can’t ever enter a novice class again. Compete against other first timers, enjoy the experience and then from there progress into a bodybuilding class. But most of all, believe in your ability that whichever class you decide on doing that you’re worthy to be up there!! All the best for your show

  • Marc

    Member
    August 13, 2022 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    I trained arms and delts local today. Felt a little tired going into the session, cardio fasted early, a few in person posing clients before then getting my session in.

    My session was really good though, went through that stage during my workout where I felt really pumped then felt super flat. It’s one of them though, it’s normal to get this feeling because when pushing for condition you can’t be full all the time. I’m ok with that, the bigger picture is to be on condition and that’s my driving force.

    Went to see my parents also today as it’s their 45 wedding anniversary today.

    1 more meal to get in today, then off to bed!

  • Marc

    Member
    August 12, 2022 at 6:34 pm in reply to: Side delt training

    I agree with Oscar points mentioned above. If delts is an area you want to improve, I’ve found prioritising lateral raise movements to be very effective.

    I’d go with single arm cuffed lateral raises, this way you can really focus on one side of the body at a time and pay more attention to tempo like Oscar said with the slight pause at the top of the exercise

  • Marc

    Member
    August 12, 2022 at 6:19 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Full legs today, felt really good going into this session and it transferred into how many session went. Still not log booking, so no pbs but the connection with each exercise and being able to find an extra gear really showed. Headphones in and cracked on with my session…. Todays exercises were;

    Seated leg curl x2
    Lying leg curl x2
    Leg extension x3
    Pendulum squats x2
    Adductor x2
    Standing calf raise x3

    Appetite was sky high post workout even with today being a high carb day 500g so based on these I can imagine some changes to my physique are not far away.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 11, 2022 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Taking extra reps

    Hi Ben

    Taking those forces reps or extended the set would be counterproductive here. Taking a grinder rep could cause injury or fatigue you for the rest of the session. Instead focus on smooth continuous reps at your set tempo and the set when you can no longer in that same pattern that you started the set with.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 11, 2022 at 7:02 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Rest day today, definitely felt tired. Had a rubbish nights sleep due to the heat and that has carried over into today. A pretty slow day for me in all honesty, slept quite a few times today due to feeling tired.

    I’ve had my usual shockwave therapy treatment on my shoulder/hip and also an upper body deep tissue massage. Also one in person posing client this morning.

    I had an ice tub arrive yesterday, I was going to use it today but with this heat I have passed on it lol, but I will make use of that real soon.

    Low day carb cycle plan today macro split is
    325P 250C and 50F ( fats were previously 60F on low carb day, but they changed as of today).

    Hit my 13k step count already, one more meal to go and hopefully I can get a better nights sleep.

Page 205 of 236