Forum Replies Created

Page 206 of 236
  • Marc

    Member
    August 9, 2022 at 7:08 pm in reply to: Shoulder pain when training chest

    Have you warm up your chest prior to training? Do you build up to your working sets with feeder sets? Are you actively trying to contract your chest and not let your shoulders take over from using too much load?

    Aside from the above questions, I agree with all the points that Clare has mentioned. If this is a persistent problem it’s worth having a physio give you an assessment to help determine why you’re experiencing this full ache.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 9, 2022 at 7:02 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Push session today for me. Headed into todays session feeling tired as I had a few things to get sorted today which meant I didn’t get my usual pre-training nap. I definitely missed that today, because I could feel my energy had dipped…

    But I had a really good solo session! I had to remind myself of my why and not make excuses as to why I wouldn’t have a good session. Instead I focused on the positives.

    The pump today was what I would say was non-existent. But that’s irrelevant when trying to get in condition, this is part and parcel of the process. The main thing is I had a good session.

    I also hit some posing rounds post workout as I do in the morning too post fasted cardio.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 8, 2022 at 8:04 pm in reply to: GH : a game changer ?

    Completely agree with what the replies above. Yes using assistance can aid you, but you can’t get away from doing the things that matter the most, day in day out – which Jordan highlighted perfectly. From what you have said HGH isn’t for you anyway, so I wouldn’t even go down that route.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 8, 2022 at 7:22 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    I was back at Shredz today for quads! The last two weeks I had trained local as it helped with having a few things to sort my end and also cutting down on travel time.

    It was definitely good to be back at Shredz today. Prime leg extension and technogym pivot leg press were definitely better than the kit I had used the last two weeks so it was nice to have this staples back (not complaining about the last two weeks as I had good workouts, but I could tell the difference in quality of machines.

    So full quads legs session today exercises were;
    Prime leg extension x3
    Pivot leg press x2
    Single leg leg press x2
    Db Split squat x3
    Adductors x2
    Tru squat calf raise x3

    Overall a really good session. A slight tweak today for my low carb cycling day, fats have been from 60f to 50f, so the split is now;
    325p 250c and 50f – and this is my rest day macros. I’m here for it, time is ticking and there’s work to be done.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 8, 2022 at 7:17 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Looking awesome Marc!

    Thank you phoebe 🙂

  • Marc

    Member
    August 7, 2022 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Traps

    Upper back I like to use chest supported t-bar row. Shrugs d handle low cable (using a narrow cable stack)

  • Marc

    Member
    August 7, 2022 at 7:24 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Rest day today, I could definitely feel energy was lower today. I’ve got my 6 year old daughter this weekend and keeping her busy is a task lol but luckily I also have Kerry to help me there.

    Today should have been a low carb day (I’m still carb cycling) was that would have been 250g of carbs. But Cal after seeing my check in today was really happy with how I am looking. Although I am looking flat for me, this is the stage I have to go through to get in condition.

    So just like last week I am running a high carb day 500g plus and off plan meal and dessert. Definitely welcomed this today, I will have no problem putting the food away.

    I am 7 weeks out from the Arnold’s classic this weekend. My weight compared to last week is the same as last week on the moving average, but visually I am looking a lot more conditioned and that’s what counts. I think it’s important unless you compete in a class that requires you to be between a certain weight, to try and focus on your visual look. It can be hard to not use the scales as the main variable, but once you get past the scales and focus on the visual look in my opinion the process is a lot more enjoyable and less stressful.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 6, 2022 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Calcium scan

    I’m not from that area so I wouldn’t know. Definitely try to google as prices can vary here / some places might also offer additional services that you might want to take up

  • Marc

    Member
    August 6, 2022 at 8:05 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Last session of the week today, arms and delts. Time was against me today (parental duties) so rest periods between sets were pretty short, but I like it this way for this workout anyway because it’s smaller muscle groups.

    Been a good training week. The fullness I had a the start of the week Mon-weds was really good post high carb day and off plan meal. Thursday onwards I noticed more that that fullness was going, which on prep is to be expected when pushing for condition.

    Check in day tomorrow with Cal, I’ll keep you guys updated on his feedback

  • Marc

    Member
    August 5, 2022 at 8:03 pm in reply to: Super food focused, Started a gaining phase/overeating on occasions

    Hi Tom

    I agree with all the replies in this thread. Something I find helpful personally is macro tracking. So if there’s a particular food you might like that day you could always track it into your daily food intake. That way you won’t feel guilty for eating it outside of your set calories, but it’s also a nice way to get some extra variety in too.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 5, 2022 at 5:21 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Something different to usual today, I had the privilege to train at cojos which was pretty sick considering I’ve seen so many training videos of Jordan, Corinne and other great athletes so to be able to train there today was really cool.

    Also after training a did a shoot with the tbJP clothing line, bodybuilder turned model haha.

    Pretty long day to be fair, but an enjoyable one all the same. Today is a high food day so that’s always a good thing. Steps are HIGH today, lots of moving around.

    …oh and I trained legs today at cojos, got some bits recorded on my camera so I’ll get that put together for a YouTube video drop likely next week.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 4, 2022 at 5:34 pm in reply to: Tanning

    Nasal spray you won’t get the sick feeling that you might perhaps get with injections, but the spray is just as effective. If you opted to go for injections doing it pre-bed will limit the sick feeling you would get. Nasal spray alongside sunbeds a few times a week and you will get good results. I don’t use it myself lol I’m tanned enough ha, but my gf does and has got good results

  • Marc

    Member
    August 4, 2022 at 5:27 pm in reply to: Anyone know this machine

    It looks to me like a rear delts machine. You have support for your chest and also forehead whilst doing the exercise

  • Marc

    Member
    August 4, 2022 at 5:21 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Rest day today, so that means low day on my current carb cycling plan. I definitely notice hunger more on my low days and my dips in energy.

    But anyway, today I had my usual rest day treatments; shockwave and also deep tissue massage. Aside from that I had an in person posing client and some client check ins to get done.

    Overall a pretty chilled rest day for me which doesn’t seem to happen very often. Another 2k steps to hit this evening and then that is my 13k steps boxed off.

    Feeling a lot tighter in my physique again this week. I’ll see where I am come check in at the weekend.

  • Marc

    Member
    August 3, 2022 at 8:31 pm in reply to: Marc Hector IFBB Pro

    Medium day from my carb cycling plan today, so my food split was 325P 400C 50F / 3450 Kcals. Solo pull training session today, which went really well.

    Again I hit good numbers and strength is holding well. I’ve not had a de-load or de-volume set up in a little while and to be fair currently I don’t feel like I need one. I’m happy to get in the gym and get my sessions completed.

    My new push session video dropped today on this members site from last week. I hit some poses post workout too that was recorded too. My latest YouTube video from last weekend has also dropped this evening on my channel.

    Overall I’m feeling in a good place physically and mentally, ask me tomorrow when I’m on a low carb day (250g) it could be another story haha – it’s all good really.

    Off to bed shortly, up around 5:30am to get fasted cardio, posing and abs done.

Page 206 of 236