Forum Replies Created

Page 254 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 12, 2021 at 10:12 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Good good good push session this evening! It’s obviously all relative, and I will continue to see low shoulder discomfort as tge biggest win in this session in allowing me to to progress my lifts. Not the lifts I’d like, but here we are!

    DC Calf

    Cuff laterals
    Seated DB laterals
    Machine OHP
    Inc machine press
    Cable x-over
    Cable triceps

    Really good session, shoulders behaved throughout so I’m happy as I can be at this point. Just finished food prep and now on my last meal before bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 12, 2021 at 8:59 pm in reply to: HYPERTROPHY PERIODIZATION

    Perhaps unsurprisingly I agree with Jord, but that’s been the case for the last 15yrs or so

    I don’t see tge value in just increasing volume for volumes sake. Your recovery capacity has to be able to accommodate it otherwise it’s asking for regression after any significant period of time

    Finding your maximal recoverable volume is a different story, but running volume just to run volume seems aimless

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 12, 2021 at 8:43 pm in reply to: Partial side raises

    I think for most people it’s the mid range of the movement that is most heavily skewed to the delt. End range for many people see the traps doing a lot of the work, so falling short of height is still quite biased to the med delt (there are of course exceptions with people tht have excellent mobility around the shoulder joint)

    I probably wouldn’t extend the set beyond a couple of partials, and try to keep that as consistent as possible from session to session

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 11, 2021 at 8:11 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today gang, which is always boring, yet necessary

    Been a good start to the week, a busy day but a good one

    Push day tomorrow, but first it’s food prep and last meal before bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 11, 2021 at 7:42 pm in reply to: Off season macros

    Hi mate

    Fats are more calorie dense, so you can eat less absolute food whilst still maintaining a positive energy balance

    Having lower carbohydrate, higher fat days can also be employed to keep insulin sensitivity high

    With regard to cooking, you can do either mate, just be consistent with tge method of cooking

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 10, 2021 at 8:49 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull day today, and another really good one – happy meathead.

    Chest supported upper back t-bar row
    SA chest supported lat row
    Corner bar row
    Meadows row
    Overhand Pulldown
    Assisted pull-up
    Machine preacher curl

    Everything progressed, really comfortable with my movements and lokkkng forward to getting strong.

    Resting tomorrow, then a push day on Tuesday

    All food prepped for tomorrow, one more meal about to go down, then it’s sleep time

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 10, 2021 at 7:36 pm in reply to: Rotation of workout sessions

    Hi mate

    I think two works very well for most as it’s a good frequency to stay familiar with the movement, whilst having an elongated stretch of progression.

    3 can work if you have an incredibly well kitted out facility so you aren’t compromising on the quality of each movement in the rotation. I would here be looking for a relatively high frequency split

    4 rotations, if you’re beyond full body or upper lower I’d say it’s too stretched out to allow progressible movement familiarity

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 9, 2021 at 6:44 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leggggggggg dayyyyyyyyyyyy

    Adductor
    Abductor
    Standing ham curl
    Seated ham curl
    45 deg leg press
    Pivot leg press
    Split stance leg press
    GHR

    Really good session, enjoyed it a lot and knees feeling super happy so nothing inhibiting effort

    Pull day tomorrow, so it’s a big back to back couple of training days

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 9, 2021 at 6:34 pm in reply to: Push day rotation:

    It will be the same conditions week to week mate so you can still progress it

    The point of emphasis is to prioritise your shoulders development, so accepting some pre fatigue on your chest pressing movements is just a part of it mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 8, 2021 at 8:52 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Today was a rest day, with two heavy days following over the weekend, the first of which is legs tomorrow

    I’m just now going to sort my last meal
    Of the day out before it’s time to sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 8, 2021 at 7:13 pm in reply to: Adding Hip Hinge?

    Agree with Kuba in that I probably wouldn’t add this in whilst dieting and whilst making progress

    When you do put it in, I personally would shift the split to add the extra rest day

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 7, 2021 at 9:50 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Well I forgot I’d put an arm day back in ? So it was indeed arms today, with legs on Saturday

    Good session though, really enjoyed it, and the arms definitely need the dedicated attention

    SL Calf Raise

    Push down
    DB French press
    Dip machine

    Preacher machine curl
    Alternate DB curl
    EZ curl

    Resting again tomorrow, it’s been a super busy week with less sleep than I’d have liked so put them extra rest day in

    Next week will be back to normal rotation provided recovery is allowed to return

    Meal prep done, onto my last feed and then up to bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 7, 2021 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Alternative Hamstring Compounds

    I’m with Bish, if the loading is the issue rather than the hinging, I’d be using a ham dominant hyper extension as my primary choice

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 6, 2021 at 10:25 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rested up today guys as it was a particularly long day working, so threw the extra rest in before I tackle legs tomorrow

    Food prep done. Supps prepped and all meals eaten. It’s time for bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 6, 2021 at 10:23 pm in reply to: Stronglifts 5×5

    Perhaps unsurprisingly I’m really lined up with Bish here.

    What is it you’re looking to do? Do you want to be fully back into powerlifting, or is your current 5×5 phase just a block to recover a base strength?

Page 254 of 399