Forum Replies Created

Page 255 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 6, 2021 at 10:25 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rested up today guys as it was a particularly long day working, so threw the extra rest in before I tackle legs tomorrow

    Food prep done. Supps prepped and all meals eaten. It’s time for bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 6, 2021 at 10:23 pm in reply to: Stronglifts 5×5

    Perhaps unsurprisingly I’m really lined up with Bish here.

    What is it you’re looking to do? Do you want to be fully back into powerlifting, or is your current 5×5 phase just a block to recover a base strength?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 5, 2021 at 8:11 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push dayyyyyyyy

    Had a late session today, but it was definitely a good one

    Went as follows

    DC Calf (toe press)
    Cuff laterals
    Seated DB laterals
    Machine OHP
    Incline machine press
    Cross over
    Rope kennellys

    Only slight niggle was on the incline press when I tried to load, so I’ll just have to keep those in the 12+ range I think. Aside from that, really good session

    Resting again tomorrow, and then leg session on Thursday

    On with my food prep and last meal now , then it’s bed before a long day tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 5, 2021 at 5:14 pm in reply to: Squat shoes

    Hi mate

    Depends entirely on your mobility.

    If the elevation of the wedge is sufficient for you to perform the lift with the form you want, great. If you require more, add more.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 4, 2021 at 8:03 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys after yesterday’s pull session.

    I clearly got my days mixed up when I said I was pushing on Wednesday…. It’s tomorrow!

    Just finished my food prep for tomorrow, and my last meal is on for this evening.

    One more feed and then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm in reply to: Load n Backoff Sets -Advice

    Hi Phill

    I think what you’ve described above is absolutely fine

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 4, 2021 at 3:58 pm in reply to: Rest Days

    I think at the minimum try to keep it two on, one off mate.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 3, 2021 at 8:56 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull day today

    – T-Bar Upper Back Row
    – SA Chest Supported Lat Row
    – Corner Bar Yates Row
    – Meadows Row
    – Overhand Pulldown
    – Assisted Pull-Up
    – Machine Preacher Curl

    Really enjoyed today’s session and am looking forward now to taking these up a few notches

    I’ve always done well with single arm row variations so the Meadows row was a welcome return!

    Just about to get my last meal in, then it’s sleep time

    Resting tomorrow ahead of push on Wednesday

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 3, 2021 at 8:54 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Hi mate

    Mid rep would normally be 10-12 exercise dependent

    Load 5-8, again, exercise dependent

    Back off 15-20 exercise dependent

    For me mate, on a rest Ouse set, my priority would be the first fail point, everything needs to go into that or it’s not a true fail point… that said, if you match it and jump the others up, you’re still in a better spot.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 3, 2021 at 10:00 am in reply to: Coaching Recommendation?

    Hi mate

    Most of the athletes on the page will offer a coaching service

    Check them out, see which resonate most with you, have some interaction and see if they align with what you’re looking for

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 2, 2021 at 8:13 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today and made it down to the SSE to watch some boxing which was a change of pace

    Looking forward to sinking my last meal and getting a good sleep in

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 2, 2021 at 4:03 pm in reply to: Advice Please !!

    Hi mate, just reinforcing some of the above really

    It’s a good idea that you start moving to tracking your food, from there it will be really straightforward to manipulate your weight up or down depending on your goal at the time

    I’d also agree with Clare and suggest that you don’t prioritise anything at the moment but rather focus on improving everywhere

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 1, 2021 at 8:49 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Calves and arms today

    SL standing calf raise

    Overhead rope extensions
    X-over extensions
    Rope push down

    Machine preacher
    Standing DB curl
    EZ curl

    Resting tomorrow, which is most welcome after a long week

    Just on with my final meal prep, then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 1, 2021 at 8:45 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push push push

    I was happy today, super long day so I didn’t train until about 20:00, but got the job done none the less

    Almost entirely delts and tris this one, but no shoulder discomfort, and that’s all I’m aiming for at the moment

    Limited movement selection meant more work sets of each. Four on each movement

    Cuff laterals

    Rope overhead tricep ext

    Fig 8 pushdown

    V.high incline press

    Really good showing on the press (relative to previous weeks) might not be long until I can actually see it as respectable ?

    I’m now on with food prep and last meal. Then sleep

    Pull tomorrow ?

    Hey Rich, Regarding the four working sets per movement here. How did you structure those Two top sets back to back then two back offs or was it top set and back off then keep stripping weight to hit your reps? Thank you!

    [/quote]
    Hi mate

    First of all, I wouldn’t recommend this as a best way forward, I’m just very limited in what I can do

    I went

    Mid rep
    Load
    Load
    Back off

    I quite like the

    Mid rep
    Load
    Back off

    But wouldn’t recommend four for most

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 1, 2021 at 8:12 am in reply to: Deadlift Frequency

    For me it depends where you are with your training, and what philosophy you bring to your sessions (as well as obvious recovery factors)

    If you’re a relative beginner, you’ll probably be ok, if you’re already a proficient lifter and you work to a max deadlift every 5th and 3rd day, you may well run out of progress pretty quickly – just my view mate

Page 255 of 399