Forum Replies Created

Page 256 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    October 1, 2021 at 8:06 am in reply to: Training after a prolonged break

    Hi mate,

    Why don’t you go upper 1, lower 1, rest, upper 2, rest, lower 2, rest

    A whole new starting point for you to progress from

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 30, 2021 at 9:04 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Legs today and a lesson learned

    Knees not happy after squatting last time out, so that’s tge end of me trying to resurrect that!

    As a result I had to have a bit of a shift around, dropped a few bits out and did paused reps for all my pressing

    I think they’ll be fine next time out, but a good reminder that I’m more fragile than I’d like!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 30, 2021 at 8:44 pm in reply to: Training after a prolonged break

    Hi mate

    First of all, and most importantly, I’m pleased to hear that you’re getting the support tht you need.

    With regards to training, I don’t think you need to see two weeks off as a big issue at all, it’s not a long time.

    What split were you running before, and would you say it had been offering you progression?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 30, 2021 at 7:44 am in reply to: Which one is better for me?

    Hi mate

    My first question would be, are you progressing on your current split?

    If then ask, without being patronising, if you’re sure your legs need bringing in line with the rest of your physique?

    Can you share some pictures?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 29, 2021 at 8:30 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull session this evening and all my numbers were up, so it’s a success

    DC Calf

    Chest supported upper back t-bar row
    SA chest supported lat row
    Neutral Pulldown
    Overhand Pulldown
    Assisted pull-up

    Incline DB curl

    Decent session, just on with food prep and then it’s last meal and bed for me

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 29, 2021 at 3:52 pm in reply to: Shoulder injury

    Hi Adam,

    I would not be messing around here, I would be seeing a private specialist as soon as possible

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm in reply to: AM Training whilst fasted

    Hi Liam,

    I think the question you are asking is, is it optimal for muscle growth, and my opinion is that the answer is no.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 28, 2021 at 9:43 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push push push

    I was happy today, super long day so I didn’t train until about 20:00, but got the job done none the less

    Almost entirely delts and tris this one, but no shoulder discomfort, and that’s all I’m aiming for at the moment

    Limited movement selection meant more work sets of each. Four on each movement

    Cuff laterals
    Rope overhead tricep ext
    Fig 8 pushdown
    V.high incline press

    Really good showing on the press (relative to previous weeks) might not be long until I can actually see it as respectable ?

    I’m now on with food prep and last meal. Then sleep

    Pull tomorrow ?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 28, 2021 at 9:07 pm in reply to: What’s the best Split for Arms growth

    Hi mate

    It would be good for you to get input from Jamie here as I’m pretty confident he did something similar to push/pull/rest/arms & delts/legs/rest

    For me if you did that, had one tricep movement in push, and one bicep movement in pull, you’d be pretty well set up

    As a caveat, please please ensure that your movement selection and execution is impeccable – it will most definitely make a big difference!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 28, 2021 at 6:28 pm in reply to: How to structure deload?

    Hi Greg,

    I think shedding volume is a great strategy, but you have to catch it early enough in my view for this to be effective, as you will often keep your loading set (so you still get your intensity fix!) but you will shed the back off set.

    If you leave this too late, it’s possible this won’t be effective, and you’ve dug yourself to a position where you need time off/extra rest days.

    For me the biggest win for you here is that you’re looking to approach deloading differently.

    It is a tool to aid your progression, and you will almost certainly come back chomping at the bitt, be it off the back of a reduced volume rotation, or a total rest.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 27, 2021 at 8:43 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today folks

    Been a very busy start to the week, and I was definitely ready for a day off

    Just about to sort my meal prep for tomorrow, then my last meal, then a good sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 27, 2021 at 7:33 pm in reply to: 3 on 1 off split – lpp vs ppl

    Agree with Oscar mate, I think that will be a great place to start

    You’ve got a tonne of anecdotal evidence for it, so you don’t need to overthink the split

    Get the content of each session intelligently programmed, and apply yourself fully.

    Game on!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 27, 2021 at 7:29 pm in reply to: Is this too much volume in back session

    I’ll echo Bish here mate. Keep an eye on your lifts, progress steadily, be vigilant with your recovery and see how you go.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 26, 2021 at 6:03 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg day two ahead of a rest day tomorrow

    Abductor
    GHR
    High/Wide linear leg press
    Rear elevated split squat
    SSB squat

    Decent session, knees feeling ok in sleeves. Might bring wraps into the equation just for squats, but will see how things progress

    One meal left, then sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 26, 2021 at 5:57 pm in reply to: Preworkout meal

    Echoing the girls here.

    I’m almost always CoR and whey isolate, but on rare occasions when I have more time have white fish and rice.

    Probably consider also whether you are going to have an intra WO shake, and how far away from your session your meal will be (again, will be influenced by whether you’re having an intra)

Page 256 of 399