Forum Replies Created

Page 257 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 26, 2021 at 5:53 pm in reply to: Body fat percentages

    Hi mate

    I’d try not to fixate on a percentage figure, as unless you’re going to get a DEXA scan, or be underwater weighed, it’s probably not going to be accurate.

    If you’ve been tracking your body fat % with a method that you have been standardising protocols for, this could be useful to measure change, but identifying a number is, in my view, pretty meaningless.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 25, 2021 at 7:56 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Second pull session and this one has all my lower back loading in it

    Just two movements, with three work sets of each, then some biceps as I am lacking BIG TIME so shifting the emphasis of this session that way

    Straight handle corner bar row
    Block barbell rows

    Incline DB curls
    Machine preacher curl
    Stirrup cable curl

    Decent session, this is a new one so now have my working weights but pretty much got them right.

    One meal left in about 90mins, then bed time for me

    BIG UFC card so very much looking forward to catching up there tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 25, 2021 at 6:44 pm in reply to: New schedule

    Hi mate

    I don’t think frequency is a problem, you can always adjust volume if needs be

    Do you have lower back loading movements in your leg session?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 25, 2021 at 6:42 pm in reply to: Am I doing too much I need as much help as I can get !!!

    Hi mate, my pleasure, that’s what the community is for!

    Can I suggest that the best step for you is to spend some time in the education section working through the videos

    If we just give the answers to you, you don’t have an opportunity to really build your own knowledge base

    That will be fundamental to good decision making moving forwards

    Once you have watched and digested the content, have a go at implementing your understanding and building a new split

    At this point we can review for you

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 24, 2021 at 9:01 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push rotation 2 today

    Another decent one, I don’t like the absence of pressing but it’s the only way my shoulders are going to allow this to happen these days

    SL Calf Raise
    DB Lraise
    Rope Overhead Tri Ext
    Tri Pushdown
    Pec Deck
    Incline machine press

    Decent session, definitely got some good work done and will have reference numbers to go after next time.

    I’m on with my last meal, then it’s bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 24, 2021 at 8:49 pm in reply to: Am I doing too much I need as much help as I can get !!!

    Hi mate

    Let’s put exercise selection to one side for a moment.

    You’ve essentially got 28 fail points in this workout. That probably is quite a lot, especially so when we see that you’re training four days on the bounce.

    I imagine you’re not seeing a great deal of (if any) performance increase?

    For me, I would restructure your split, bring your volume right back by shedding the RP sets, revisit your exercise selection, and start a fresh, with more emphasis on recovery days, and performance increase

    Just my thoughts mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 24, 2021 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Push Pull Leg Variation / Suggestions Please 🙂

    Hi Braulio, there doesn’t appear to be a question accompanying this – how can we help?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 23, 2021 at 9:05 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg day done

    Really pleased, the random quad “pull” has cleared up, although I was sensible, and just did one work set of each of the presses rather than the usual two

    Adductor
    Seated leg curl
    45 deg leg press
    Pivot leg press
    Split stance leg press
    Leg ext
    GH hypers

    Food is prepped for tomorrow, everything is set for my push session

    One meal left to sink this evening, then it’s bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 23, 2021 at 8:45 pm in reply to: Front Squats

    If your body allows you to live nicely through the movement, yes it could be mate.

    Like Mike, I would favour a Smith variation vs a free bar unless you are very very proficient at the movement

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 22, 2021 at 8:29 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today after yesterday’s pull session and ahead of tomorrow’s leg training

    Another busy day, but glad to have got some rest in

    Last meal is on, meal prep is done, it’s soon to hit the hay!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 22, 2021 at 8:24 pm in reply to: Split? Volume? Need help

    Don’t worry about measuring volume per week. You are not bound to a seven day cycle.

    Look at the stimulus you need to create in each session, and the days you need to structure in to recover sufficiently

    This shift in mindset will really liberate your training

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 22, 2021 at 8:22 pm in reply to: Need help with formulating a training program

    Hi mate

    As the guys have suggested, I highly recommend you dive into the education section

    It’s great you’ve gone away and done some reading, that won’t be wasted, but there are a number of videos that will help you build various splits, and articulate why

    Once you’ve done that, have a stab at putting something together and bring it to the pages for critique

    Hope that’s helpful mate – enjoy, it’s great content!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 22, 2021 at 8:18 pm in reply to: Grip Width For Rack Pulls?

    I think there’s merit to a conventional width grip, and to a snatch grip mate.

    I’d milk one and then start on the other when you need to switch in.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 21, 2021 at 8:37 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull day today!!

    DC calves
    T-Bar upper back row
    SA chest supported lat row
    Neutral Pulldown
    Overhand Pulldown
    Assisted pull up
    Preacher curl machine
    Hanging leg raises

    Really good session, everything up which is a happy place.

    Resting tomorrow and just about to do my food prep.

    Legs on Thursday so should be nice and fresh!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 21, 2021 at 8:32 pm in reply to: IS CASEIN WORTH?

    Hi mate

    Do you have a need to use it? If not, use whole food options, if you have a real need for it, and it digests well for you, no problem

Page 257 of 399