Forum Replies Created

Page 258 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 21, 2021 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Hinge hip movements 2x a week on pull

    I personally would not have the same hinge in both rotations mate – look for an alternative second time around, or, only have a hinge in one of the sessions if your corresponding leg session has lower back loading just two days later

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 20, 2021 at 8:07 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today ahead of pulling tomorrow

    A busy start to the week, I’m definitely looking forward to bed, but one feed still to go

    Supps and meals prepped, now some wind down before I cook

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 20, 2021 at 8:02 pm in reply to: Training 6x per week at 1 (spreading weekly volume over 6 days)

    Hi mate,

    You don’t need to see things in a weekly timeframe

    Look at it in understanding what the balance between stimulus and recovery is to illicit your desired results.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 20, 2021 at 7:18 am in reply to: Rice or cream of rice

    Absolutely continue with CoR if it’s more comfortable for you to digest, there’s no “must” eat foods for everyone.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 19, 2021 at 6:27 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Compounds today.

    Warmed up on ski erg and rowing machine, then proper work was

    Abductor
    Deadlifts from the top
    Box squat
    Bench press – this was a sh*t show and is gone. Every now and then I think it will be healed and good to go, in the same way that about every 5 years I think to myself “I probably like olives now”, but still don’t. Ever.

    Sorted all my food and supp prep, I have one meal left now tonight before I sleep.

    Rest day tomorrow, followed up by pull on Tuesday.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 19, 2021 at 4:39 pm in reply to: RDLS on pull

    Absolutely you can do this mate, provided you manage your lower back loading across the two sessions

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 19, 2021 at 4:36 pm in reply to: Best gyms London

    Third Space Canary Warf is a stunning gym, totally agree with MD!

    How far are you prepared to travel mate?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 18, 2021 at 3:19 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    I’ve put in a day for all the stuff that typically doesn’t get enough specific attention. A “top up” session of you will, and with the way my training days fall, it’s one that won’t kick the crap out of me recovery wise

    SL Standing calf raise
    Cable rear delt
    Incline DB curl
    Aleknas
    Plank
    Hangs

    A good session, although I’ve not done any direct ab/core work since c2005, so I’m going to feel it tomorrow for sure!

    3 meals still this evening, and a walk, but hopefully some down time too as it’s been a mental week

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 18, 2021 at 2:40 pm in reply to: Leg Press is a must?

    Hi Zane,

    I’m intrigued – How much playing around with your foot placement have you done?

    I’d say the vast majority of people are more likely to be able to load a leg press with decent movement integrity vs a squat movement, so I’m surprised you’re encountering issues this way round….

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 17, 2021 at 7:48 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push day today, and pretty much all pressing work has been removed. I’ve got one OHP in, and on Sunday I will do one chest pressing movement.

    Today went

    Cuff laterals
    Rope overhead tri extensions
    Fig 8 tri pushdowns
    Rolling DB tri ext
    Machine OHP
    Pec deck

    Good session, no “grinning and bearing” it with my shoulders, and that’s what I need right now

    One meal to go, then a good sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 17, 2021 at 4:40 pm in reply to: SLDL or Deadlifts

    If it’s the case that you can execute either variation really well, I’d choose one and roll with it until you can’t get any more from it, and then sun the other in, or as Kamara says, if you have a session rotation, use them in the alternate sessions.

    You’re in a great position if you can do both really well, so it’s a nice problem to have!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 16, 2021 at 8:17 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Well Thts me getting ahead of myself

    Really innocuous and minor quad pull, but one that ceased all of my pressing movements this evening.

    It made legs a bit of a non-event, but completed the supplementary work arounds the absence of compounds

    Was due a second dose of leg stimulus on Sunday, so will see how it’s feeling

    Before then is push tomorrow, which I’m ready to rock on

    Steak now. Then bed.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 16, 2021 at 8:06 pm in reply to: SLDL or Deadlifts

    Hi Sebi,

    My immediate question would be, does your mobility allow you to execute both perfectly?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 16, 2021 at 8:06 pm in reply to: Gyms in Birmingham

    I like Ultimate Fitness mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 15, 2021 at 9:32 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rated today guys after my pull session yesterday.

    I have legs tomorrow which I’m looking forward to as it’s a session that’s been going really well of late.

    Just making my last meal, then it’s head down and sleep

Page 258 of 399