Forum Replies Created

Page 259 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 15, 2021 at 9:30 pm in reply to: Deadlift and grip

    I’d be really keen to see how you’re strapping onto the bar mate

    As the guys have said, chalk will almost certainly help, but the initial strapping can make a huge difference, as can impact on each rep when the bar touches/hits the floor

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 15, 2021 at 9:28 pm in reply to: Day on Day off

    Agree with the team Reece.

    I think it’s an excellent way to balance recovery, and will keep you psychologically keen to train as well

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 15, 2021 at 9:26 pm in reply to: Tricep (skull crushers)

    I personally much prefer rolling DB extensions to EZ bar skull crushers.

    Dips are ace as the guys say, but I’d probably not be using that as a like for like.

    If you want an alternative, I’d say Smith JM press will be your new best friend

    Thank you Mr.Rich Ellis I’ve been doing rolling dumbbell extension over skull crushes over the past few weeks and I’m able to connect and cause stimulus on tricep far better than skull crushes ( training at home due to lockdown ) JM press is a bit complicated for me but yeah once Gym reopen I’ll give it a go what’s your advice on rolling dumbbell extension should I keep weights light and aim for high reps ? Should I do this exercise as a finisher or start please let me know thank you [/quote]
    Hi Hari

    For me the same principles apply here to other movements.

    Have a loaded set and a back off set.

    Heavy is of course relative, so operate with excellent movement execution in the desired rep range.

    From here, look to progress every time out and you’re on the right path

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 14, 2021 at 9:03 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull day today, and a really really good one

    Toe Press
    Chest supported t-bar row
    SA chest supported lat row
    Neutral Pulldown
    Overhand low pulley row
    Assisted pull-up
    Hangs
    Machine preacher

    One meal to go, food prep done, then it’s bed.

    Rest day coming up tomorrow, then leg day on Thursday ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 14, 2021 at 8:16 pm in reply to: Tricep (skull crushers)

    I personally much prefer rolling DB extensions to EZ bar skull crushers.

    Dips are ace as the guys say, but I’d probably not be using that as a like for like.

    If you want an alternative, I’d say Smith JM press will be your new best friend

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 13, 2021 at 7:25 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Monday. Rest day.

    Really good day actually, and I’ve enjoyed my meals. Just back and sorted meals and supps for tomorrow

    Pull day lined up. Very much looking forward to it ??

    One meal left tonight which I’m about to put in the oven.

    Have a good evening gang

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 13, 2021 at 7:21 pm in reply to: Leg growth help

    I think it’s really difficult to draw conclusions without understanding what your programming looks like mate

    It absolutely could be poor squat movement execution, or it could be that the rest of your programme is incomplete/volume is insufficient

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 13, 2021 at 7:18 pm in reply to: Deadlift vs rack pulls back development

    Hi mate

    If you’re unable to deadlift well/consistently, and you’ve taken unsuccessful steps to correct, yet you can execute the rack pull well, and progress the lift over time, rack pulls will give you better development as a conventional pull is going nowhere

    Now, it’s down to you to decide how much opportunity you’ve given yourself to correct the deadlift. That’s for you to mull over

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 12, 2021 at 6:50 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    I felt much much much better today after a good nights sleep

    It was legs today and I was up on all counts which is how it’s supposed to be!

    Adductor
    Abductor
    Seated leg curl
    45deg leg press
    Pivot leg press
    Leg ext
    GH Hypers

    I’m resting tomorrow before my push session comes around on Tuesday.

    Done my food prep for tomorrow, have one meal left to go and will hit a bit of background tv now as I catch up on emails ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 12, 2021 at 5:54 pm in reply to: Tight hip flexors

    It’s difficult to know how much needs doing without seeing you move, but if it’s a relatively mild inhibition, mimicking the movement you are about to do is always a win for me.

    Spending some time easing into BW squats, then sat in the squat position, some partial BW reps in and out of the hole

    Then move onto the empty bar, and you should be feeling confined the movement

    Don’t rush your warm-up or your warm-up sets, if always favour doing more sets with less reps (to avoid fatigue build up) if there’s any hint of tightness or inhibition

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 11, 2021 at 8:53 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today folks and since getting home from work I’ve struggled to keep my eyes open.

    Nicely recharged ready for legs tomorrow.

    About to go and make my last meal. Then bed.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 11, 2021 at 3:02 pm in reply to: Intra Stack

    Yep, I’ve used a mix of the two mate.

    I’d still be tempted to add an EAA to help optimise recovery, but that will be very dependent on how you structure your nutrition around your workouts. Not an essential, but often a valuable addition.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 10, 2021 at 8:29 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull day today to get me over the line. Was not feeling it, super long and demanding week, but got my wins. Everything was rep rather than load increases, but it’s in the bag

    Visit from the monstrosity that is @adam bishop , always good to catch up, looking hyoooooge.

    Session went (NOT with Bish!!)

    Chest supported upper back T-Bar row
    RDL
    Neutral pull-down
    Overhand low pulley row
    Assisted pull-up
    Preacher machine

    Taking 30mins to do not much, and then cooking my last meal.

    Rest tomorrow, legs on Sunday. Have a good weekend team

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 10, 2021 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Reverse Hyper

    100% with Jord, leg day.

    You won’t get the upper back stimulation you get from a deadlift derivative hinge

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 10, 2021 at 8:11 pm in reply to: Training with girlfriend

    For me it depends what your priority is.

    If you want optimal progress, you need to prioritise the training split and frequency that facilitates that.

    If you’re training for enjoyment, you can afford more flexibility to your schedule

    Only you can answer what the priority is mate

Page 259 of 399