Forum Replies Created

Page 260 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 9, 2021 at 7:49 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push day done!

    I’m happy now, I’ve definitely got this nailed down to keep my shoulders happy

    Cuff laterals
    Machine shoulder press
    Machine close grip press
    Machine incline press
    Pec deck
    Figure 8 tricep pushdowns

    I’ve got my food prep to do now, then one more meal, and then sleep before a big pull session tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 9, 2021 at 7:35 pm in reply to: How do you decide when to add weights?

    Hi Phil,

    That’s typically how I’d go about it mate. Makes for a nice consolidation on the load, and keeps progression creeping forwards

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 8, 2021 at 5:41 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today after yesterday’s leg day.

    Been a busy day with work, and a chunk left to do so glad of the training rest

    I’ve got my push session tomorrow which I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into

    Two more meals and a chunk of work left before bed though

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 8, 2021 at 5:30 pm in reply to: Should deadlifts be alternated?

    Agree with Bish here mate.

    There’s a lot of variables that can be considered in arriving at the best solution for you, but a conventional deadlift will be a good base

    Your level of development, training age, training split, Rita toon pattern etc… will all impact

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 7, 2021 at 8:57 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    First repeat leg session and it’s all up. Happy with the structure, knees are in a good place. Time to work

    Adductor
    Abductor
    45deg leg press
    Pivot leg press
    Split stance pivot leg press
    Leg ext
    GH hypers
    Seated leg curl

    Meal prep for tomorrow is done, last meal cooking away for today.

    I’ve got a rest day tomorrow, then I’m on with my push session

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 7, 2021 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Shoulder injury rehab

    Absolutely agree with the team.

    Shoulders are incredibly complex joints and guessing is a dangerous game.

    If you don’t have the available resource to pay for a private scan, I’d certainly be looking for a reputable sports physio/physician to be giving an informed opinion on what you have done, and best next steps.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 6, 2021 at 7:47 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today and super pleased for it!

    Should be nice and freshened up for tomorrow’s leg session, although a long long day first!

    Done my meal prep and have my supps ready. Sitting down for an hour now, then last meal and bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 6, 2021 at 7:30 pm in reply to: JP program (training principals) help.

    If you prefer to do a rack pull, do you have a lifting block you can stand on? Or alternatively, run a block pull?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 5, 2021 at 5:02 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull session today, which was good, but doing 3 on the bounce has definitely kicked the crap out of me, very pleased of a rest day tomorrow!

    Upper back chest supported T-bar
    RDL
    Neutral Pulldown
    Overhand low pulley
    Assisted pull-up
    Machine preacher curl

    Really happy with the session structure, and that applies to all three of them now, so I’ve got no reason not to push on from here

    About to do my food prep for the next few days, and have two more meals to sink today, then it’s a big sleep!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm in reply to: New to the community

    Hi mate,

    This isn’t necessarily a problem at all.

    Lots of people have really active lifestyles and manage to develop good physiques, it just takes planning and consideration.

    Personally I would start your hypertrophy training on the lower end of the volume scale, see how your recovery is, adjust food accordingly (assuming you can do that?) and build volume as you understand better what you can recover from.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 5, 2021 at 10:59 am in reply to: Wrist wraps and elbow wraps

    Agree with Clare and Jamie.

    I don’t see any reason you can’t use them as a supportive intervention mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 4, 2021 at 7:55 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Well it feels like today has just vanished!!

    I had a really good push session though. I’ve really had to remodel it and choose sensibly rather than choose movements I want.

    It’s far from perfect, but it lets me work without being inhibited by my shoulders, so I can at least be consistent and progressive

    Cuff laterals
    Machine OHP
    Fig 8 Pushdown
    Machine CG Press
    Incline machine press
    Pec deck

    Pull session tomorrow.

    I’ve got one meal left. Just watching a bit of UFC but don’t think I’ll make it to the main.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend team

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 4, 2021 at 5:49 pm in reply to: Squatting (Atg)

    Go as far as your mobility allows you to go whilst maintaining excellent movement execution

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 4, 2021 at 8:53 am in reply to: Leg help

    Jamie is right, but so is Oscar in terms of closeness of movement profile

    Do you have a smith machine? You can get closer to a hack style movement on there.

    The thing is jordan has smith sqauts programmed on leg day 2, so I didn’t know if I should do it twice a week.[/quote]
    You could set one up as more of a hack and one as a squat mate. Big change to the movement with an alteration of foot placement

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 3, 2021 at 8:48 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    YES leg day!!

    Super happy with this session format

    Adductor
    Abductor
    45 deg leg press
    Pivot leg press
    Split stance leg press
    Leg ext
    GH Hypers
    Seated leg curl

    Starting out with just straight sets, but will strategically add clusters along the way.

    One feed left, then a big sleep

Page 260 of 399