Forum Replies Created

Page 261 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 3, 2021 at 8:38 pm in reply to: PPL with extra arm focus to bring them up

    @jimmytonk1 can help here mate!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 3, 2021 at 8:30 pm in reply to: Training help (bands)

    Typically press/squat movements get easier past a certain point, so the band resistance increases tension as the mechanical advantage of the movement kicks in, giving a more complete effort through the movement

    Rows typically don’t work this way, so be mindful.

    Pulls are an interesting one, as some people are very strong at lockout, others stall here, so depending on how your strength profile sits across tge movement, bands may or may not be a valuable tool

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 2, 2021 at 8:46 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Another rest today guys, busy day with work but lining up a leg session tomorrow which I’m really looking forward to

    Just having my last meal and getting an early night. Another busy day tomorrow before gym time!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 2, 2021 at 8:44 pm in reply to: Upper/Lower Split

    Really nice feedback mate, sounds like it’s going incredibly well. Keep it up man!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 2, 2021 at 8:43 pm in reply to: Leg help

    Jamie is right, but so is Oscar in terms of closeness of movement profile

    Do you have a smith machine? You can get closer to a hack style movement on there.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 1, 2021 at 8:44 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys, and it has absolutely flown by.

    Really busy day, just about to put my last meal on, everything prepped for tomorrow

    Resting again tomorrow due to work demands, but back in on Friday for my leg session

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 1, 2021 at 8:41 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    I will run 4-5 days a week mate depending on external factors

    Agree mate, much prefer it as an upper back row than a lat row

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 1, 2021 at 7:40 pm in reply to: I need some help

    Hi Josh,

    I think it’s not all that unusual to stall after a 5 month stint.

    Provided everything else is in line, I’d consider a de-load and movement substitutions

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    September 1, 2021 at 7:33 am in reply to: Prioritization

    I’m inclined to agree with Clare here mate.

    You’re super young in your training journey and whilst it’s temping to skip stages of development to do what most of the guys you watch are doing, a dedicated year (or more) on an upper/lower could, and indeed should, see your physique develop a huge amount

    Don’t miss those important foundational steps mate.

    Just my view.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 31, 2021 at 6:46 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Pull session today guys

    Chest supported upper back T-Bar row
    Barbell row
    Neutral grip Pulldown
    Low pulley row (overhand)
    Assisted pull-up
    Machine preacher curl

    The first of a switch back to a PPL rotation, with the push being very delt and arm heavy as I’m so limited on chest training options

    Work dictates two days off now, then I’ll be in for my leg session, which will be a bit higher in volume

    After I’ve settled into the split, I’ll look to introduce some intensity techniques to key body parts that need due attention

    Running behind with food today so still two meals left to go

    Have a good evening folks

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 31, 2021 at 10:54 am in reply to: 4 day / week split

    Hi mate

    It’s easy to fall into that headspace, and as I said, there’s no right or wrong, it would by no means be a disaster, I just think you have an opportunity to build through an intermediary before you move to that split.

    Ultimately it’s best if you can love what you’re doing, so work this split up, ask for opinions if it’s helpful, but hopefully you can arrive at a set up that excites you

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 30, 2021 at 7:45 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys, and definitely glad for it

    Just back from work and sorting food prep.

    Pull session tomorrow which after a good sleep I will be ready to go after

    One more meal left this evening

    Hope it’s been a good BH weekend team

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 30, 2021 at 7:27 pm in reply to: Shoulder injury

    Very much with Clare here mate. Shoulders are an incredibly complex joint, it’s not always easy to self diagnose, especially when you’ve done something like fall. Have a professional look at it.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 29, 2021 at 7:46 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Arms and Delt top up today

    I have a chunk I need to change out of my push sessions, but this one was decent

    Cuff laterals

    Fig 8 pushdowns
    Rope overhead extensions

    Preacher machine curl
    DB curl

    I’ll rest tomorrow, along with food prep etc…

    Hope everyone has a good BH lined up

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 29, 2021 at 3:29 pm in reply to: Total number of working sets per session

    It depends massively on how far you take your sets mate

Page 261 of 399