Forum Replies Created

Page 262 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 29, 2021 at 3:28 pm in reply to: 4 day / week split

    There’s not a right or wrong here mate but I personally would have an interim if you’re currently on full body

    Maybe

    Upper (load pull, met push)
    Lower (load quads, met ham)
    Rest
    Upper (load push, met pull)
    Lower (load ham, met quad)
    Rest
    Rest

    Just my opinion mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 28, 2021 at 5:56 pm in reply to: Rest days

    Absolutely agree with Clare, rest days are a pivotal part in optimising progression and adaptation (there are some caveats around programming, but the vast vast majority of set-ups are augmented with rest from resistance training)

    I wouldn’t count cardio or NEAT as breaking that rest, and there are many benefits to staying fit and healthy as you add body weight.

    That said, if you want full days off everything in the off season, give it a go and see if it makes you feel and perform better or worse.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 27, 2021 at 8:27 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push day, and another crap one. I’m not friends with my shoulders at the moment.

    Changing the whole thing up next time out.

    For now, feeding and bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 27, 2021 at 8:02 pm in reply to: Exercise for training split

    Agree with Dharv

    I know it’s not the quick answer, and means you “have to” sit through the videos, but it’s such a good opportunity to understand the philosophies that underpin most of the thinking on here

    You’re developing your knowledge, make tge most of it!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 27, 2021 at 7:59 pm in reply to: TRAINING WHILE ON MAINTENANCE CALORIES??

    Absolutely with Clare and Kamara.

    Definitely look for performance progression across your sessions. Just be extra mindful of your recovery capacity.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 26, 2021 at 8:57 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Today was back day. A good one!

    Upper back chest supported t-bar

    Barbell dead stop rack row

    Low pulley row (slight fwd lean)

    Overhand Pulldown

    Assisted pull-up

    Rows felt really good today. Bar starting to feel light. I want to put 30kg on where I’m at over the coming months but I’ll try not to rush it.

    Push day tomorrow, about to cook my last meal and then get a sleep in

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 26, 2021 at 4:40 pm in reply to: Traning back with forward shoulders

    Hi Kate

    Actively pull your shoulders down/to a neutral position.

    In another post, Bish suggested a cue of “bending the bar”

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 25, 2021 at 7:47 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today. Just finished food and Supp prep for tomorrow

    Back session on the cards which I’m really looking forward to

    Just finishing off some work, then last feed and bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 25, 2021 at 7:44 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    No problem mate. Happy to take a glance at yours if you’re doing anything similar

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 25, 2021 at 7:37 pm in reply to: Home gym exercises selection

    Hi mate

    I’ll assume your cables are not great so leave them to one side for now.

    In this situation, I’d opt for more sets on fewer movements rather than trying to create top tier movements out of a limited selection.

    I’d go with three sets of each, mid rep, loaded, back-off of the following

    Chest supported upper back DB row

    RDL

    Chest Supported Lat DB row (seal row)

    Rack pull-up (feet on bench)

    You can then add additional rear delt and bicep if you want it to become a pull session (you stated “back” in your post)

    If you go at it, 12 sets should be a good start point in my view.

    If you’re quite underdeveloped, you might want to add a barbell row for movement proficiency and overall strength development.

    Otherwise I’d leave that for a substitute for RDL when you eventually stall

    Thanks you very much Rich,

    3 sets so rep ranges can be like this

    10-12

    6-9

    12-15?[/quote]
    Looks good to me mate , I’d probably make it as close to 10/6/15 as possible so you have a nice variation

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 25, 2021 at 7:32 pm in reply to: Spread the carbs

    Absolutely that Louis.

    “Big” is subjective, numbers are helpful to input.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 24, 2021 at 9:17 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Delt Top up & arms

    Good session this evening. Really happy with my movement selection. Very “in the groove” now

    Cuff laterals
    Cuff ‘Y’ raises

    Fig 8 cable Pushdown
    Rope overhead ext

    Preacher machine
    Standing DB curl

    Just prepping meals for tomorrow, then it’s last feed and bed

    Rest day tomorrow, pull session on Thursday.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 24, 2021 at 8:08 pm in reply to: Spread the carbs

    What’s “big meals” mate?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 24, 2021 at 8:06 pm in reply to: Home gym exercises selection

    Hi mate

    I’ll assume your cables are not great so leave them to one side for now.

    In this situation, I’d opt for more sets on fewer movements rather than trying to create top tier movements out of a limited selection.

    I’d go with three sets of each, mid rep, loaded, back-off of the following

    Chest supported upper back DB row
    RDL
    Chest Supported Lat DB row (seal row)
    Rack pull-up (feet on bench)

    You can then add additional rear delt and bicep if you want it to become a pull session (you stated “back” in your post)

    If you go at it, 12 sets should be a good start point in my view.

    If you’re quite underdeveloped, you might want to add a barbell row for movement proficiency and overall strength development.

    Otherwise I’d leave that for a substitute for RDL when you eventually stall

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 23, 2021 at 7:59 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest today after yesterday’s heavy leg session.

    Busy day at work, food prepped, grabbing a short sit down before last meal and bed ??

    I’ve got arms and Delt top-up tomorrow, which are both crap areas for me!

Page 262 of 399