Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Drew,
I’m still in a position of recovering strength post lockdown so operating on straight sets with a little more volume at the moment
Once I’ve recovered to an acceptable level, the “top set/back off” will return, and that will be followed by reintroduction of clusters.
-
Hi mate
Fully with the team here.
Volume can be used as a progressive tool, but shouldn’t be increased “just because”.
It’s also really hard to draw parallels in movements. For example, if your progress halts on a hack squat, but you’ve added a leg extension, which is the greater net gain?
You end up creating problems you don’t need to fix!
-
Legs today – the heavier of my two sessions
Reintroduced smith squats for the first time since I pulled my adductor and had no issue at all. My knees let me play ball as well so now really looking forward to getting stuck into the movement over the coming weeks
Abductor machine
Pivot leg press
45deg leg press
Smith squat
Seated leg curlI’ll rest tomorrow and then it’s arms and delts top up on Tuesday.
About to dive into meal prep so I’m sorted for tomorrow and the rest of the day
-
Hi mate
The principles are no different if the objective is to improve your look.
Clare makes good points both in, your training history will largely dictate where you should fall on split, but also in saying that you should enjoy it.
If this isn’t a competitive pursuit for you, you will perhaps lean more to bring process orientated rather than outcome orientated, so that should absolutely be considered.
Of course “good physique” is objective, but you could train one of many different ways to achieve what most would consider a “good physique”
It all depends on where you sit on the continuum.
-
Rest day today guys, and I really did welcome it. Got my heavier of the two leg sessions tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to that
About to cook my last meal and then it’s time for bed
-
I’m with Clare here mate. Sleeves and wraps I think we can see as pieces of kit that are preventative and kind to your joints.
-
Absolutely agree with Clare.
Volume can be used as a progression tool at various points
You want that minimum adaptive volume that allows you excellent recovery and performance progression.
You’ll get a sense of how different body parts are with various volumes and can adjust accordingly, but use it as something to add in mate
-
I’m not having a good week with knowing where my sessions fall ?
It was push today and my shoulders have completely checked out, which is less than ideal.
Going to have to revisit this completely.
Sad meathead. Food and bed.
-
Rich Ellis
MemberAugust 20, 2021 at 8:25 pm in reply to: Training Ideas for Chest Around Shoulder IssuesHi mate
My immediate suggestion would be that you look at solutions to remedy the arthrosis
There are some really smart specialist sports medicine clinics now that will likely have solutions for improving your situation
Aside from that, it’s so difficult to help advise as only you know what is comfortable and what’s a real trigger.
-
Back, day!
Really good session this evening.
Loving my movement selection at the moment.
Chest supported T-bar upper back
Barbell rack rows
Low pulley row
Pulldown
Assisted pull-up
Legs tomorrow, which I frickin’ love, but right now just want to feed and sleep
-
I think either a P/P/L or U/L/FB
If you opt for PPL, I’d probably lean on a little more volume than a regular PPL set-up as you won’t have the higher frequency that would come with a rolling set up
-
I’m with the gang, don’t see any issue here. See how it fits
-
Rest day today guys before two big ones
Back session tomorrow and then legs on Friday
Just sat down, prep done, one meal left in the next half an hour and then bed
-
The tough line would be “which do you dislike more, home workouts or not reaching your goals?”
Lockdowns are difficult times, maintaining an amount of structure to your day can stop the whole thing falling apart.
Use your nutrition, exercise, and training schedules as part of that structure.
-
It actually was delt top-up and arms today ?
DB Laterals
Figure 8 tricep pushdown
Overhead cable extensionsMachine preacher curl
DB curlSimple but effective.
Rest day tomorrow, got all my meals prepped for tomorrow and my last meal for this evening on right now.