Forum Replies Created

Page 264 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 17, 2021 at 8:57 pm in reply to: Coach necessary for progress?

    You’re in a generation that’s in a better position than any that has come before you.

    There is so much information available to you in different mediums, and the fact that you’re on this site means that you’ve found some of the best.

    Watch and re-watch the education section, then start to being tht information to life in more bespoke focussed questions to the community and you’re away

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 16, 2021 at 8:39 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Well I got my days all mixed up didnt I!!

    It wasn’t arms and Delts at all, it was legs!

    Ace session,

    Adductor machine
    Split stance leg press
    Split squat (put these in instead of walking lunges as I’ll find easier to load)
    Leg extensions
    Glute-ham focused hypers

    Tomorrow actually is arms and delts ?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 16, 2021 at 8:21 pm in reply to: New to Progressive Overload

    Hi mate

    This is hard to answer, but I would suggest that if you are able to make such radical jumps, and your lifts are really well executed, it’s unlikely you’re at a strength level beyond your structural limit.

    That said, it may from here be prudent to alternate rep increase and load increase as your perform of progression, so you are at least having two exposures to the same load

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 16, 2021 at 8:17 pm in reply to: Bicep Exercises

    Absolutely agree with Kamara.

    I’m one of the many that have got not very far with arm development, and it’s likely because of just moving weight around rather than finding movements tht really do what you need them to!

    Also agree with Oscar, and a machine preacher will almost certainly be a movement you feel well!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 15, 2021 at 6:56 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Back day today and the adductor is fully fixed!

    I’m on with my new upper back row variation, I’m preventing the 45deg handles on the chest supported t-bar over the regular chest supported row

    Barbell rack rows were tested today, and whilst it didn’t feel light, the adductor was zero issue

    Chest supported t-bar upper back row
    Barbell rack row
    Low pulley row
    Overhand lat-pulldown
    Assisted pull-up

    Really good session, very happy with the structure

    Arms and Delt top up tomorrow ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 15, 2021 at 5:10 pm in reply to: 1 set movement rep range?

    Hi Leigh

    What’s the rationale for a single set?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 15, 2021 at 5:10 pm in reply to: Which routine ?

    Absolutely agree with Clare, such a valuable resource and will give you a really strong foundation of knowledge, and an insight into the philosophy that runs through most of the members on here

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 14, 2021 at 7:30 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rested today guys. Well, rested from training, it’s been a busy day!!

    Just resting up now, one feed to go, and a bit of down time

    Very excited to see Corinne tear things up ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 14, 2021 at 6:59 pm in reply to: Tidy-Up: weight drop strength drop

    Jeeeez that sounds heavy mate. I hope the surgery goes really well and you have a swift and complete recovery

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 13, 2021 at 11:25 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push day today, and it’s all falling down

    I need to reassess this as pretty much everything was an issue today

    I’m going to have to swallow the fact I can’t approach push how I want to and do what it will let me

    Resting tomorrow and I’ve spanked the cure coming to get to work on my shoulders!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 13, 2021 at 9:20 pm in reply to: Romanian Deadlift technique pointers?

    Not a massive fan of “shoulders back” as a cue for any deadlift movement. Down yes, but not pulled back in my view.

    Looks decent mate, as Meg says, you can probably push your bum a little further back, but a good start point if the snapshot is representative of the whole movement

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 12, 2021 at 8:43 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Yes leg day, and yes I think that’s the adductor ready to roll

    That’s means Smith squats back in next week

    Today went

    Abductor
    Pivot leg press
    45 deg leg press
    Seated leg curl

    Single leg standing calf

    Smith squats will drop in after the leg pressing

    I’ve got push tomorrow and then resting on Saturday

    One meal to go this evening ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 12, 2021 at 8:40 am in reply to: What does soreness tell us?

    I think Clare has answered this really well.

    The objective is to create enough stimulus to bring about adaptation, not bury yourself to a point that you spend all of your restorative capacity recovering rather than adapting

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 11, 2021 at 8:10 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest today guys ahead of my heavy leg session tomorrow which I am very game for!

    Food and supps prepped, one meal left tonight and then it’s time to sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 11, 2021 at 7:59 pm in reply to: Arsenal Hack Squat

    Hi mate,

    The foot position you adopt (high vs low, wide vs narrow) will heavily influence the focus of the movement

    If you’re talking about an adjustable plate that either dorsiflexes or plantarflexes the ankle, I would choose the setting that allows you to safely get the most out of your chosen stance

Page 264 of 399