Forum Replies Created

Page 265 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 11, 2021 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Incline and decline work for chest

    Totally aligned with the guys, there’s a lot you can do to make the other pressing angles work for you

    They will be really useful tools through your training life, definitely invest the time to get them nailed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 10, 2021 at 8:26 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Delts and arms today. Really good session!!

    Cuff rear delt
    Cuff laterals
    Cuff “y’s”

    Figure 8 strap pushdowns
    Overhead Tri extensions

    Machine preacher curl
    Standing DB curl

    Resting tomorrow before legs on Thursday

    Last meal cooking now and then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 10, 2021 at 6:38 pm in reply to: Progression/Regression Question

    Hi Tyler, should we assume that these sets aren’t all to concentric failure?

    In direct response to your question, if you have a rational reason for a sub-par performance, I wouldn’t be overly concerned and would repeat the effort next time out.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 10, 2021 at 6:33 pm in reply to: NEW split !

    I think it depends if it meets your physique needs mate

    A common theme you’ll see on here is that there really aren’t many “definitely musts”

    Some philosophy continuity yes, but individual splits should consider your individual needs

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 9, 2021 at 7:57 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today following yesterday’s leg session

    I’ve got delts and arms tomorrow which I’m looking forward to getting stuck into

    Got all my food prepped for tomorrow and one meal left this evening

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 9, 2021 at 4:50 pm in reply to: A possible workout split?

    Hi mate

    It’s a good split if it’s programmed to meet your needs and you can recover from it.

    They are the themes you will always hear, as they are questions specific to you that unfortunately the rest of us can’t guide you on without a lot more information

    Regarding your arms, I’d suggest it’s likely down to a movement selection and/or execution issue.

    If you are aware that you have significant weaknesses, your split and programming should reflect an effort to address that.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 8, 2021 at 5:32 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg daaayyyyyyy

    I’m far enough in now that this is starting to get interesting

    Knees are behaving which means I can go after it, and that’s happy

    Today’s movements are lighter than the other leg session, but that’s all relative

    Adductor machine
    Split stance leg press
    Walking lunges
    Leg extensions
    Glute/ham focus hypers
    Standing calf raise

    Resting tomorrow, which is definitely going to be welcome

    Two meals left this evening, bit of UFC catch up. Happy meathead

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 8, 2021 at 4:22 pm in reply to: 4 day split?

    Drop a rest day in in my view mate

    2 on, 1 off.

    Just be mindful of your programming

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 7, 2021 at 10:07 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today

    Went into work first half of the day, but have felt whacked all day so really welcomed the rest

    I’ve just had my last meal and will get my head down in a few mins

    Hopefully not too much happening tomorrow other than a leg session and feeding!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 7, 2021 at 7:25 pm in reply to: PPL Split opinions?

    That will help with recovery mate.

    I think the two splits you’ve outlined are preferable to 6 days a week. It’s a lot mate and it will quickly become unsustainable

    If you’re leaning towards “more” give the 2 on, one off split a go. Just be smart with your programming as it won’t always line up ideally

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 6, 2021 at 9:30 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    YES pull day, and the return of my rows!!

    Adductor feeling good so let me go at the session.

    Couple of amends due to new kit availability and maxing of machines

    Upper back chest supported t-bar row
    Barbell rack row
    Corner bar row
    Overhand pulldown
    Assisted underhand pull-up

    It’s been a bit of a week so I’m taking an extra rest day tomorrow so I don’t end up in a rut.

    Just about to cook my last meal and then it’s bed time!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 6, 2021 at 9:12 pm in reply to: PPL Split opinions?

    Hi mate

    I think the main determinant for this will be your recovery capability.

    If you feel you’re in a position to be able to recover sufficiently to allow consistent progress, give it a go.

    I’d also suggest that your programming will need more careful consideration. Going from legs to pull the next day will need some intelligent programming

    Thanks for the advice appreciate it. Would you prefer option 1 then? That way pull would never be the day after legs due to the rest periods between legs.[/quote]
    I think what I would prefer isn’t necessarily what’s best for you mate.

    You will see a lot of the guys run that split, and that’s with good reason. It’s a great set up if you have the “get go” to really take your sets all the way.

    I think largely people are guilty of not getting enough rest, so from that perspective, it’s a good bet.

    That said, when it comes to what’s optimal, that really will come down to your recovery strategies and capacity, and I’m afraid I just can’t answer that for you with what we have mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 5, 2021 at 8:42 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push day today.

    I’ve modified my session and I’m very happy with my movements.

    Little bit more volume per movement as there just aren’t many I can work hard on

    DB Laterals
    Machine OHP
    Incline chest press
    Narrow grip flat machine press
    Machine dips

    Hangs

    All my food prep is done for tomorrow, big pull session scheduled. Should be able to go back to all movements with my adductor feeling on point

    One meal, then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 5, 2021 at 8:14 pm in reply to: PPL Split opinions?

    Hi mate

    I think the main determinant for this will be your recovery capability.

    If you feel you’re in a position to be able to recover sufficiently to allow consistent progress, give it a go.

    I’d also suggest that your programming will need more careful consideration. Going from legs to pull the next day will need some intelligent programming

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 5, 2021 at 3:50 pm in reply to: Push sessions

    Hi mate

    You need to consider whether you have anything in particular that needs bringing up, what your recovery capacity is like, what your movement availability is like etc….

    It’s smart to have one led with chest and one led with delts if they are relatively evenly balanced

Page 265 of 399