Forum Replies Created

Page 266 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 5, 2021 at 3:37 pm in reply to: Bicep

    Agree with Ryan, don’t jump into a new movement way passed your ability. You wouldn’t try to bench 5 plates at the first time of asking.

    Find out where you’re at, be precise with perfect execution.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 4, 2021 at 8:49 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys following yesterday’s leg session

    Long day of work, but food prep and Supp prep is done for tomorrow. For the first time in a long time I’ve got some STIM 2.0 to put back in tomorrow before my push session

    One meal left just now and then it’s time to rest

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 4, 2021 at 8:24 pm in reply to: Why not both???

    I don’t think it’s at all uncommon to see people do split cardio sessions mate, and that means that at least one of those sessions will be fed.

    As Clare has said, it’s about your input/output differential.

    Cardio is a great tool, if you “need” more output, give it a go

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 4, 2021 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Muscle imbalance

    I absolutely agree with Jord.

    High frequency and a unilateral approach.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 3, 2021 at 9:00 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    LEG DAYYYYYYY

    Super happy. No issue with my adductor today, although I did leave out Smith squat for one more session just to be sure

    Almost equally pleasing was that for as long as I can remember, I had zero knee discomfort on the presses. My knees have been getting better and better week by week, but to have no discomfort at all is a real treat!

    Session went

    Abductor
    Seated leg curl
    Pivot leg press
    45deg leg press
    *normally squat here*

    SL standing calf raise

    Really happy going into a rest day tomorrow ??

  • Hi mate

    Unless you’re incredibly technically solid I imagine your squat might start to get ugly before you hit failure

    If that’s the case, I’d stop a rep or two early, but keep that consistent and as your progress point. I’d also invest in a set of slings to save your bar on the spotting rails of your rack (Spud Inc do a good set)

    I’d then use other movements to take all the way. DB split squat. Sissy squat. Lunge etc…

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 2, 2021 at 9:09 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today squad

    Leg session tomorrow which I’m hoping will allow me to work issue free.

    Got my meals and supps prepped ready, one meal left this evening which I’m about to go and cook, then it’s bed time.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 2, 2021 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Supplement and anti doping agency

    As the guys have said, he should reference the WADA list, and if he chooses to take any of the supplements, choose a brand that sits within the Informed Sport register.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 1, 2021 at 4:51 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Goooooood delt top up and arms session

    Cuff rear delt
    Cuff laterals

    Fig 8 strap overhead extensions
    Fig 8 strap pushdown

    BW Hangs

    Machine preacher curl
    Standing DB curl

    Rest tomorrow and then legs on Tuesday.

    Happy with where things are going at the moment. Just need to tweak y push session a bit and should be all set

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    August 1, 2021 at 3:00 pm in reply to: Accidental personal best lol

    Hi mate

    This probably suggests that you don’t have a good handle on how far you can push yourself

    Maybe a good moment for you to reflect upon

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 31, 2021 at 9:23 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day folks, and I’ve been knackered all day so glad it came when it did to be honest

    Looking forward to a restful day tomorrow, I have a Delts and arms session which I’m really enjoying at the moment so looking forward to that

    Mostly though just looking to sinking this meal and getting a good sleep in

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 31, 2021 at 6:18 pm in reply to: Progressive Overload in a session vs exercise

    I’d be looking at specifics and trends mate

    If there’s a specific movement that doesn’t progress week on week, that needs addressing

    If as a whole, your session doesn’t progress, that also needs addressing

    The former may be as simple as substituting a movement, the latter may require a deload

    Look at all of it mate, but you should be looking for progression of sorts every session.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 30, 2021 at 8:02 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg day back in the game!!!!!

    Lighter of the two sessions, but zero noise from my adductor, so I’m very very happy

    I’ve swapped out the rear kick machine for glute/ham focussed hypers

    Adductor machine
    Split stance leg press
    Shirt stride walking lunges
    Leg extensions
    Glute/ham focussed hypers

    Calves

    Really pleased to be able to go after it, knees continue to feel better by the week. I’m excited

    Rest day tomorrow, one meal left this evening

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 30, 2021 at 4:22 pm in reply to: Chains

    Hi mate

    If you’ve got good experience with chains, and you like using them, I don’t see an issue

    For me, they are a pain in the backside to lug around, and they often gather unevenly which can cause an annoyance with a feeling of unbalance.

    They are a more steady onset of resistance compared to bands though, which can work really nicely for free weight movements

    In short, in my opinion, they are another tool to change the resistance profile of your movements.

    If you are experienced in using them, and you like them, go for it.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 29, 2021 at 10:27 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Back session today guys and went off piste in an effort to allow my adductor a full opportunity to recover

    Without wishing to tempt fate, I’ve not “felt” it at all over the last couple of days so I’m hoping my leg session tomorrow gets close to where it should be.

    I will act prudently and make a couple of adjustments, but I’m hopeful next week will allow me to let fly

    Food prepped, supps prepped, last meal sunk

    Lights out

Page 266 of 399