Forum Replies Created

Page 267 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 29, 2021 at 10:24 pm in reply to: Back Volume

    Agree with Jord. If you can ride out a relatively low volume and keep a consistent progression, that’s great news!!

    Save the added volume for IF you need it as you go.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 29, 2021 at 10:21 pm in reply to: Eccentric control during rack pulls

    Definitely with the guys here mate. You definitely want to be paying attention to your position all the way through the eccentric portion of the movement

    Actively make sure you’re following the path you want to for the desired outcome. Rack pull is a movement that you can absolutely bastardise to move more load from A to B

    Be very conscious through all phases of the lift

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 28, 2021 at 9:12 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today gang. Stupidly long day at work but back and food prepping as I type.

    Big pull session tomorrow. Hoping to be able to row, but will likely sub in low pulley variation to allow complete adductor recovery

    Sinking my last meal and then getting some shut eye

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm in reply to: Bicep tear recovery

    Hi mate

    @AdamBishop has come back from two of these, very successfully and very quickly. He’s probably in a better place than most to discuss methods

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 27, 2021 at 8:35 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push, and perhaps unsurprisingly, shoulders decided enough was enough

    Will re-group and re-structure the session.

    Annoyed!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 27, 2021 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Shoulder press or side raises

    Hi mate

    I’d say the same as when people ask if they should leg extend/curl before a press/squat

    Whichever makes you feel most confident to go 100%

    If the answer is “either”, choose one, stick with it, then switch it down the line.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 26, 2021 at 8:59 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Legs day today

    Bit modified given adductor strain, but very happy to have got through without aggravating it

    I took smith squats out as I typically adopt a wider stance which pulls the adductors into play.

    I went with higher rep ranges on all the pressing, as well as a very narrow and “quaddy” stance. I saw these as safe movements, so increased the volume on these to get the session complete

    Abductor machine
    Pivot leg press
    Linear leg press
    Seated leg curl

    Toe press

    I’m going to push tomorrow and rest Wednesday. Just about to put my last meal on and then it’s bed time

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 26, 2021 at 8:18 pm in reply to: Full Body Workout Split Q’a

    I agree with Oscar Tim.

    I’d also be careful in marginalising muscle groups, your goal at this stage is to develop a complete physique.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 25, 2021 at 7:04 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Arms and delt top up today

    Cuff rear delt
    Cuff lateral

    Fig 8 overhead tri ext
    Fig 8 tri pushdown

    Machine preacher curl
    DB Curl

    Really good session, shoulders happy, making progress for sure

    Legs tomorrow. I’ll leave the Smith squat out for a couple of weeks but will attempt everything else in a higher rep range

    Supps and meals prepped, bit of chill time now.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 25, 2021 at 4:02 pm in reply to: Mrs will be doing upper lower if I could get a bit of input

    Ideally I’d want different movements from the loaded session, and with that in mind, depending on the muscle being trained, somewhere between 10-15 on the first set and 15-20 on the down set for me mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 24, 2021 at 7:20 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys. Normally my second leg session but rows yesterday very evidently showed me that my adductor is not ready to be loaded, so it can have a couple more days

    Worked this morning, sorted food prep this afternoon.

    I’ve got an arms and delt top up tomorrow, and very much looking forward to the TJ vs Sandhagan fight as well!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 24, 2021 at 8:21 am in reply to: Leg training Excercise selection

    It’s good to get other views, but for me you’ve answered your own question mate

    If you’ve played with different stances and set ups on the smith and it doesn’t do what you need it to, but you can front squat well, go for it.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 23, 2021 at 8:49 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Back session today, which I largely enjoyed, apart from my adductor stopped me going above 180kg on my rows so I binned them and RDL which is annoying

    Modified session went as follows, 3 work sets each

    Upper back chest Supp row
    SA chest supported lat row
    Underhand pulldown
    Assisted pullup

    Confident I’ll be able to put them back in next time around, definitely reinforced that I won’t do my second leg session tomorrow

    Got one more meal to go this evening, then a bit of a relax over the weekend

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 23, 2021 at 4:50 pm in reply to: How to become a PT

    I think your approach is prudent mate

    Whilst it’s a romantic sentiment to chase what makes you happy, you have responsibilities, and maintaining your security for your family and your home is important.

    It sounds like you have a plan to be able to transition into a profession that you are passionate about whilst retaining that security, so there’s nothing stopping you.

    Get your plan set, decide what you can commit to and start building.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 23, 2021 at 4:22 pm in reply to: Off season training split suggestions

    Hi mate

    Can you give us a bit of training history?

    What have you done to this point?

Page 267 of 399