Forum Replies Created

Page 268 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 22, 2021 at 8:57 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push today, and continued with the tweaked set up

    I’m very nearly there. Very nearly. One more movement has to go though

    Neutral CG machine press
    Incline machine press
    Low incline smith press (this needs swapping out)

    Machine shoulder press
    DB Laterals

    Hangs

    Good session but tge smith pressing needs to go. It’s starting to aggravate my shoulders and it just isn’t worth it

    Pull session tomorrow. Let’s see how the adductor is ??

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 22, 2021 at 8:53 pm in reply to: Possible to switch to ppl 2 days on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off?

    Hi mate

    I think this can work provided you programme intelligently.

    If I was doing this, I’d probably opt for a touch more volume per session as you have the luxury of more time to recover.

    For me I would use a single session for each to progress on, as with a rotation, the movement frequency will be very low, and for a lot of people that will mean lower familiarity

    Just my view mate.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 21, 2021 at 9:19 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day for me today and adductor feeling a bit sore but probably better than expected.

    I’ll not rush it, but equally won’t shy away from using it where I can. Hoping it will be ok for some leaded back movements on Friday

    Before that is push tomorrow, so one meal left to go and then bed for me

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 21, 2021 at 9:18 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    ANNOYING!!

    Legs today and I’ve pinged my adductor.

    Knees were feeling great when I got to smith squat, so I was excited to be able to put a bit of power into the movement out of the hole. Turns out my adductors aren’t used to that, and pop.

    It’s not horrendous, but my immediate thought is that I probably won’t even attempt my second leg session on Saturday, as there’s a lot of adductor stretch in there.

    I’ll see how it goes. Rest tomorrow anyway, so food prep and feed before bedtime

    Done the same thing myself last week on heavy leg presses. Felt my Adductor go. Had to stop my leg session. Went in again yesterday for legs and had to high rep all presses. Luckily it was ok but no way could I go for my 6-7s etc. Hope it recovers quick mate.[/quote]
    Thank you mate.

    Really pleased to hear yours has fixed up to a point you can get work through the legs already! Hopefully that continues to be a swift process!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 21, 2021 at 4:01 pm in reply to: Progressive overload questions

    There’s not any comparison data to understand where the additional load is being accumulated?

    Has your volume of stimulating reps altered?

    As an aside – I’d probably be concerned if I hadn’t progressed a movement in 3 months, and likely wouldn’t have left it that long before I switched something up.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 20, 2021 at 8:58 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    ANNOYING!!

    Legs today and I’ve pinged my adductor.

    Knees were feeling great when I got to smith squat, so I was excited to be able to put a bit of power into the movement out of the hole. Turns out my adductors aren’t used to that, and pop.

    It’s not horrendous, but my immediate thought is that I probably won’t even attempt my second leg session on Saturday, as there’s a lot of adductor stretch in there.

    I’ll see how it goes. Rest tomorrow anyway, so food prep and feed before bedtime

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 20, 2021 at 8:37 pm in reply to: Deadlift pause

    Just to add to Jord, also a good movement for drilling positional integrity through the pull

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 20, 2021 at 8:32 pm in reply to: Approach to breaking PBs

    I agree with Jimmy mate

    If you’ve stalled without really good reason, I’d swap it out for a while for a “like for like”

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 19, 2021 at 8:32 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today gang

    I know it’s very British to moan about the heat, but WOW is it uncomfortable!

    Legs tomorrow, and thankfully the gym is well air conditioned!

    Final meal is in the oven, looking forward to getting to bed soon.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 19, 2021 at 6:54 pm in reply to: High rep vs low rep responder ?

    Predictably I’m with the rest of the guys on the DOMS view.

    Set your sessions up so that you cover sufficient movements to stimulate the entirety of the muscle, and with a selection of rep ranges that allow sufficient stimulus for adaptation.

    Don’t try to be too clever with it mate, follow the tested principles.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 18, 2021 at 7:55 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Delts and arms today, which I really enjoyed. The gym was probably the coolest place to spend the day with the aircon on!

    Cable rear Delt
    Cuff laterals

    Fig 8 strap OH Tri ext
    Fig 8 strap Tri pushdown

    Seated DB Curl
    Preacher machine

    Despite the heat, I’ve had plenty of appetite, it’s staying hydrated that’s been the tougher job!

    Hoping it cools a bit this evening or it’ll be a miserable attempt at sleeping!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 18, 2021 at 2:50 pm in reply to: Using leg press as only press movement for legs?

    Hi mate

    Congrats on the pro card!

    My thoughts are….

    You shouldn’t consistently do something that you know is doing harm. From personal experience, I assure you, it’s not a smart choice!

    I would approach it like this.

    1) Is there a different movement you can look at? Smith squat perhaps?

    2) You can change the leg press to make it more quad dominant by altering the stance, using wedges etc….

    3) If point 2 creates too much aggravation to the knees, I’d band two of the sets to change the resistance profile of the movement

    Just my thoughts mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 17, 2021 at 7:32 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    As good as the aircon is in the gym, legs was not the choice today!!

    Really good session, my second leg variation of the week.

    Adductor
    Rear kick
    Extensions
    Split stance leg press
    Walking lunges

    Standing calf raise

    Really pleased with how my leg training is going at the moment, they’ll get some size back on them if it’s the last thing they do!!

    Food going on really easily too, so it’s all good.

    One big meal left this evening , then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 17, 2021 at 7:26 pm in reply to: P/P/L to U/L

    Hi mate,

    How are you progressing on your current split?

    I personally wouldn’t change things drastically when you start dieting, but that’s my view

    Your pictures didn’t show. Maybe get a complete set of quarter turns and post them up?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 17, 2021 at 3:58 pm in reply to: Rice and protein drink

    Agree with Clare. Two meals a day for me are whey and CoR as a shake due to work.

    Zero digestive issues and goes down no problem at all!

Page 268 of 399