Forum Replies Created

Page 269 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 16, 2021 at 9:28 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Today was back day and the barbell work felt light so I was happy. The strength is coming!

    Chest supported upper back row
    SA chest supported lat row
    Barbell rack row
    Neutral grip pulldown
    Underhand pulldown

    Big feed just coming up and then sleep.

    Second leg session tomorrow which I’m looking forward to

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 16, 2021 at 9:21 pm in reply to: Vit D3 K2

    Haha, great place to come to ask that!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 16, 2021 at 9:14 pm in reply to: Overcoming plateau

    You’ve not made any progress with your lifts or your physique?

    I probably would take away the third rotation of your sessions, and definitely increase your calories

    Without being in any way rude, it sounds like you’ve held yourself at a maintenance value, haven’t increased it, and are surprised you’ve not made any progress

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 15, 2021 at 10:06 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push session done today with just a couple of tweaks

    I’ve opted to bump and extra set or two into a couple of movements and drop a couple of movements out. They weren’t quite as kind to my shoulders, and as a bit of strength comes back, I could feel the issues ahead

    Close neut grip machine press
    Shallow decline smith
    Incline chest press
    Machine OHP
    DB L.Raise

    Hangs

    Happy that this will carry me few the next few months of steady progress.

    Meal prep done. Meals eaten. Bed now with a big pull session tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 15, 2021 at 9:06 pm in reply to: Stripping back the weight?

    For me this is fine, and indeed correct if your execution has slipped

    Now you’re aware of it, don’t let it slip again next time around!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 15, 2021 at 9:04 pm in reply to: Thinking of changing gym times

    Absolutely agree with Clare, I’d try the 16:00 slot mate and see how you go with it

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 14, 2021 at 9:14 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day after yesterday’s legs, and tomorrow it’s push

    It’s been a busy day, I’ve only just got food prep done and about to taper my last meal

    Big one tomorrow…. Numbers to beat!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 14, 2021 at 9:03 pm in reply to: Recurrent inflammations

    Choose movements that don’t cause inhibitive pain, have your diet locked down, have recovery variables looked after, supplement diet with CureComing and JoinIn

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 14, 2021 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Knee sleeves

    Absolutely agree with Bish.

    I was not at all a fan of knee sleeves until I tried the SBD’s and have to say, they have been excellent – highly recommend

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 14, 2021 at 8:54 pm in reply to: Progressive overload

    Hi mate

    You will look to progress everything in some capacity.

    Form should stay a constant, perfect execution is a non-negotiable

    Once you’ve got that nailed, you want to increase load or reps

    As things move on, it’s possible to manipulate rest periods and volume also

    Not all movements will progress equally, but the aim should be forward movement each time you go into the gym

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 13, 2021 at 8:45 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg dayyyyyyy

    This is the “bigger” of the two leg sessions, and I’ll continue to say it (and tempt fate) my knees are getting happier by the session

    Abductor
    Seated leg curl
    45deg leg press
    Smith squat
    Linear leg press (this annoyed me as was supposed to be pivot leg press but a group of guys were doing, with no artistic license, an hour and 10mins of leg pressing. Ridiculous)

    Calves

    Resting tomorrow, then the big four day run of sessions

    One more feed to go and then a big sleep

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 13, 2021 at 11:25 am in reply to: Client case

    Agree with Jimmy here mate, be also interesting to see how they are completing their sets with that amount of volume, so a whole philosophy reset is on the cards for them

    Only other consideration might be total energy expenditure, but I’m sure you’ll level that pretty quickly.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 13, 2021 at 11:21 am in reply to: Does it really matter

    100% with Clare – just because the machine isn’t flush with the wall doesn’t mean the bar isn’t a straight line. Move the bench in line with the bar, not the wall!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 12, 2021 at 9:05 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys and a welcome one at that!

    I have my heavy leg session tomorrow, and I’m excited to progress again.

    Food is prepped for tomorrow and I’ve got my last meal about to go on before a good sleep. And I will sleep well tonight!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 12, 2021 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Hammer chest press question

    Hi mate

    Looks flat to me but hard to tell how it will behave once you press

    Is it not obvious in feel mate?

Page 269 of 399