Forum Replies Created

Page 270 of 399
  • And the one where @youngoscar tries to return the bar to the J-hooks a rep early, and just gets roared at – I think that may have been RDL ?

    I remember that ???? what a nightmare that was ….[/quote]
    Nightmare for you, but great cinema ?

  • And the one where @youngoscar tries to return the bar to the J-hooks a rep early, and just gets roared at – I think that may have been RDL ?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 11, 2021 at 8:48 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Delt top-up and arms today

    Cuff laterals
    Cable rear delt

    Fig 8 overhead cable extensions
    Pushdown
    Barbell French press

    Hangs

    Cable curl
    Seated DB curl
    Machine preacher

    Really enjoyable session, I’ll be thoroughly fed up if my arms don’t grow with some proper dedicated attention!!

    Resting tomorrow which I’m looking forward to

    Food prep is done, last meal cooked which I will soon eat and then bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 11, 2021 at 5:33 pm in reply to: Regaining Momentum

    This is just a mindset thing

    As Clare has said, physically you’ll be in a better rather than worse place (provided the deload was required)

    You have your log book to refer to. Use it as a guide to reset numbers, from there, you are accountable

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 10, 2021 at 4:29 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Leg session 2 today

    Slightly lighter in volume and lighter in movement selection. Very enjoyable session

    Adductor
    Leg ext
    Split stance leg press
    Walking lunge
    Rear kick machine
    Standing calf raise

    Knees were happy after some high relief leg ext, I’ll double dose the cure-coming this evening

    3 more feeds, then arms and delt top up tomorrow ??

    Enjoyed the new TBJP shorts today, with typical leg day super baggy long sleeved T

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 10, 2021 at 4:19 pm in reply to: Feeling deflated

    Very much in line with Clare here

    The other thing to consider is that whilst they shouldn’t be relied upon, tangibles can help – body weight, measurements etc…

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 9, 2021 at 8:31 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Back day today, everything up ??

    Chest supported upper back row
    SA chest supported lat row
    Barbell rack row
    Rack SLDL
    neutral grip Pulldown
    Underhand assisted pullup

    Good session, really enjoying the set up

    Lots of work to do on the rows and deads, but I feel like I’ve found my feet with them

    One feed left for the evening, then a big sleep ahead of my second variant leg session

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 9, 2021 at 8:24 pm in reply to: Making the most of limited time to train

    Hi mate, I’d probably do this.

    If there are some nice machines in there you should still be able to get a good chunk done on push and pull in an hour

    “Work” represents your work gym, “normal” represents your normal training gym

    1 rest
    2 pull (work)
    3 push (work)
    4 rest
    5 legs (normal)
    6 rest
    7 pull (normal)
    8 push (normal)
    9 legs (normal)

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 9, 2021 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Deadlift

    I’m with Jimmy

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 8, 2021 at 8:38 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Ok, first session on this new run with a comparative session to go at the numbers of

    As I’d really expect at this stage, moved up across the board without issue

    Session went

    Close grip neut chest press

    Shallow decline smith

    Narrow grip smith

    Machine OHP

    Machine inc press

    Machine flat press

    DB Laterals

    Hangs

    Really happy, body feeling pretty good so far, big pull session to go after tomorrow!

    Just about to do my Supp prep and make my last meals then it’s lights out and sleep time

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 8, 2021 at 8:20 pm in reply to: Mechanical tension – Pre exhaust

    Hi Max.

    My opinion is that whichever allows you to commit fullest to the compound will yield the most from the movement

    By that, I mean, if you can commit fully to the compound fresh, you will likely move more load, but if you would normally feel discomfort through the knees for example, but don’t post leg extensions, it would likely be wise to do the extensions first.

    Jord’s point is pertinent though. You need to create a like for like environment either way, and progress session to session

    I’m answer to your question, the force production will likely not be the same (dependent on my first point on which will be greater), but if you are working to true concentric failure, you will be engaging the high threshold motor units, so both will have merits for hypertrophy

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 7, 2021 at 8:52 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today after yesterday’s run out on legs.

    Been a busy day at work, I’ve got my food and supps prepped for tomorrow, and I’m about to go and get my last meal cooked

    Back round on push tomorrow and this time with numbers to beat, so it’s now the programme proper begins!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 7, 2021 at 6:58 pm in reply to: SLDL

    Hi mate

    It’s hard to see what’s going on with your back from that angle, but there’s a few bits to work on from your lower perspective

    This looks more like an RDL blended with a conventional DL

    You’re pushing your hips back rather than hinging forwards, and you are changing the angle at the knee.

    If you don’t have the mobility to bring the bar back to the floor, don’t. You should have a constant angle at the knee throughout the movement

    As I said, hard to see what’s going on with your back, but if you feel like you’re slack, don’t be

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 6, 2021 at 9:27 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    LEG. DAY!!!

    Yes the first full volume leg day in as long as I can remember, and my knees were very much playing ball, so more by necessity than design, I think the shorter sessions have done them the world of good in prepping them for these bigger sessions

    Three work sets of each of the following

    Abductor
    Seated leg curl
    Pivot leg press
    45deg leg press
    Smith squat

    Smith calf (flat foot)
    Toe press

    Very good session, numbers marked and excited to blow past them now

    Second leg session on Saturday, but a whole lot before then, starting with a rest day tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 6, 2021 at 8:59 pm in reply to: SLDL

    Hi mate, it’s not a hyperlink and I can’t copy it

    What’s your insta handle if you don’t mind sharing and we can check it out that way

Page 270 of 399