Forum Replies Created

Page 271 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 7, 2021 at 6:58 pm in reply to: SLDL

    Hi mate

    It’s hard to see what’s going on with your back from that angle, but there’s a few bits to work on from your lower perspective

    This looks more like an RDL blended with a conventional DL

    You’re pushing your hips back rather than hinging forwards, and you are changing the angle at the knee.

    If you don’t have the mobility to bring the bar back to the floor, don’t. You should have a constant angle at the knee throughout the movement

    As I said, hard to see what’s going on with your back, but if you feel like you’re slack, don’t be

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 6, 2021 at 9:27 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    LEG. DAY!!!

    Yes the first full volume leg day in as long as I can remember, and my knees were very much playing ball, so more by necessity than design, I think the shorter sessions have done them the world of good in prepping them for these bigger sessions

    Three work sets of each of the following

    Abductor
    Seated leg curl
    Pivot leg press
    45deg leg press
    Smith squat

    Smith calf (flat foot)
    Toe press

    Very good session, numbers marked and excited to blow past them now

    Second leg session on Saturday, but a whole lot before then, starting with a rest day tomorrow

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 6, 2021 at 8:59 pm in reply to: SLDL

    Hi mate, it’s not a hyperlink and I can’t copy it

    What’s your insta handle if you don’t mind sharing and we can check it out that way

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 6, 2021 at 12:11 pm in reply to: Bad session today

    Totally agree with the team.

    Your recovery was compromised, it makes sense that the session wasn’t optimal. Re-group and go again

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 6, 2021 at 12:10 pm in reply to: PPL – 5 days a week

    Is there a way you can put a rest day in to break this up?

    Are your legs significantly ahead of your upper?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 5, 2021 at 8:06 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys. Been a long and busy one at work.

    Sorted all my food prep for tomorrow, got a big leg session to work my way through!

    One more meal left this evening, and then it’s bed

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 5, 2021 at 7:05 pm in reply to: Heal Wedge + Squat Shoe for BB Squat?

    It’s tough to say if it’s excessive without knowing/seeing the size of the heel on your lifting shoes and the size of the wedge and looking at your squat form etc.
    Ultimately I think you should go on feel. Try using the wedge with and without your heeled lifting shoes and see which one feels more comfortable. Also film your self from the side if possible to get a better idea of how far your knees are tracking forward in the squat.
    My gut instinct is that you won’t need the shoes if you are using a good sized wedge but ultimately go on what feels best for you and your build.

    Yes The Bish!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 5, 2021 at 7:00 pm in reply to: Cardio machine for apartment

    I’d go for a bike mate, unless you have an endless budget (which you’ve said you don’t) the quality of the piece will be way higher on a bike as they are typically less expensive items

    I’d go for a wattbike or a C2 bike if budget allows, if not, there are some decent spin bikes for less money, and not a lot that can go wrong with a lot of them!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 4, 2021 at 5:30 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Good Delt top up and arm session today. Was nice to be able to put a bit of variation and volume through my arms

    I went

    Cuff laterals (3)
    Cuff rear Delt (3)

    Overhead stirrup extensions (2)
    Pushdown (2)
    French press (2)

    Hangs (2)

    Cable curl (3)
    Seated DB curl (2)
    Machine preacher (3)

    I’ve done my food prep for tomorrow, two more meals left this evening

    I’ll rest tomorrow and then my first of 2 leg sessions for the week on Tuesday

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 4, 2021 at 5:19 pm in reply to: Rotation of sessions

    I agree with Clare, typically that will allow you to keep progressing for longer.

    That said, some people don’t do well with certain movements if they aren’t performed frequently, in which case, doing session A until you stall and then bringing in session B is a good option

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 3, 2021 at 6:33 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today guys.

    Delt top up and arms tomorrow, which are really weak points for me. The first of the new sessions.

    One more meal this evening, hopefully a bit of relax time as well

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 3, 2021 at 3:30 pm in reply to: Time off vs de-volume?

    Hi mate

    If everything is still moving forwards and you’re still hyped to train, I personally would just add an extra rest day in where you need it, maybe take a weekend off so you get two rest days in a row.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 3, 2021 at 12:48 pm in reply to: Work trousers splitting

    You can but trousers with stretch in them these days mate. Include that in a search and you can select appropriately

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 2, 2021 at 9:16 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Today, was heavy, back, day (bit of Ronnie nostalgia there)

    Really good session, very happy with my start point here

    Looked like this

    Chest supported upper back row (3)
    SA chest supported lat row (2)
    Barbell rack row (2)
    SLDL (2)
    Neutral Pulldown (2)
    Assisted pull-up (2)

    I think I’ll add a little forearm work to the end of this session next time around

    I’d normally have my second leg session tomorrow, but I’m first week into the full volume so will bite my enthusiasm and hold fire

    That means a rest day tomorrow, and my last session of the week on Sunday – Delt top up and arms!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    July 2, 2021 at 9:10 pm in reply to: Changing style of training

    Hi mate

    I don’t think it really matters which one you go with.

    I definitely think you could still run an upper/lower, I’d probably be led by how balanced your physique is to make that call

Page 271 of 399