Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi mate
When I was ok at squatting, there’s no way I’d have attempted a barefoot squat
It depends what you mean by “better” though.
Better for strength, I’d say go with what makes you feel safe/confident
-
Push today and first day of full session!
Really enjoyed having a full complement of movements.
As always, what I do for me isn’t necessarily what I would advise for others when it comes to push sessions as I have to be very aware of my shoulders – making it through the session without damage is the priority
Close neutral grip machine press
Incline machine press
Shallow decline smith press
Close grip smith press
Flat machine press
Machine OHP
DB lateral raise
HangsTwo sets of everything other than the shoulder focussed work which was three sets of each – varying rep ranges dependant on which movements allow me to load
The hangs are a shoulder health addition which I like to do after any pushing movements to open the joint back out.
My supps arrived today so I’ve well and truly been spoilt the last couple of days with my clothing arriving yesterday too!
All meals and supps prepped for tomorrow. Last meal sunk for tonight so it’s bed now with a pull session waiting for me tomorrow
-
I think there’s a physical and a psychological component here
Fair play to you for being honest, we are all bored of the “beast mode” bravado that gets thrown around, it’s refreshing to hear some straight honesty.
You need accept that it’s going to be hard work. Particularly legs and back. There will be a significant energy cost and CV component to the big lifts.
The reality is, if you choose a philosophy based on training to failure, it never gets any easier, in fact, systemically it gets harder
You need to have some exposure to true failure training, you need to be prepared to put yourself in an element of discomfort, and you need to do what’s necessary to best physically prepare also
Get to it mate
-
Hi Loz
Big fan of CureComing, I’d run that in parallel to JoinIn when it’s back in stock as will give a host of benefits to your inflammation
-
Rested today guys after yesterday’s leg session.
Rolling into push tomorrow, and my first opportunity to go at a “full length” session, so very much looking forward to it
To make things even better, my clothing arrived today (mine got lost at launch), so I’m kitted up and ready to roll!
-
Sounds good.
Will the leg days be full leg days or are you splitting them and having a quad day and a hamstring day?
Full leg days mate, they suffered massively over lockdown, dropped nearly 2ins off them so very much playing catch up
That said, one will be heavier both in movement choice and volume mate
I’ll put the sessions up as they come around
-
I like it, both set ups (yours, and Jack’s tweak)
I wouldn’t overthink the shoulder press variation, you will at some point stall, and you can just sub the other in then. Pick which one you’re most excited to get stuck into
Thanks rich ! Appreciate your input makes sense actually ! Normally when I stall I sub in different exercises but swapping order would work too and allow me to continue on the kit. Cool thank you ?[/quote]
Sorry, I meant when you said you can’t decide which shoulder press, Nautilus or Prime.That said, switching order can work, I think it will likely be a short lived solution though
-
Hi mate
I would leave your weight sessions to do what you want them to do. Strength/power/size… whatever your primary objective is.
Don’t start using this as a primary weight loss tool. Set it up to best achieve your aims, use diet, cardio, and daily activity to take care of your weight
-
I like it, both set ups (yours, and Jack’s tweak)
I wouldn’t overthink the shoulder press variation, you will at some point stall, and you can just sub the other in then. Pick which one you’re most excited to get stuck into
-
Leg daaayyyyyyyyy
I think, I THINK, today was the last “short” session.
I had my leg session, with a rest tomorrow before jumping into the longer format sessions
I will try not to be an idiot, and throw too much in in one go, but instead just put the movements I want to use in, and start with straight sets before looking at specialising.
Today though, went like this
Seated leg curl
Abductor
Pivot leg press
Linear leg pressKnees felt happy once they were warm, I think I’ll have a play with wraps when I have longer in there
About to get my last meal, then it’s bed time gang
-
Rich Ellis
MemberJune 29, 2021 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Cheat supported tbar row or chest supported DB row?I prefer DB but it’s an absolute nightmare getting them into position if you want a full stretch, so I’d typically lean towards a chest supported row (although Clare’s point is pertinent, some are just awful!)
-
Rested today guys. Prepped my food for tomorrow and one meal left for me this evening
Looking forward to my session tomorrow, and even more to being able to get these extended ones in!
-
What’s the plan when the time restrictions are lifted rich? Will you still keep the same split but with a few extra exercises?
Hi mate
I will have a 5 day split and will break it into a legs/push/pull/legs/arms+delts
I’ll get tge sessions up once I shift. Hoping to be this week!
-
Hi mate
Just pay attention to your recovery if you’re a stronger guy
It’s one of the typical reasons people move away from full-body
-
Hi mate
Have you contacted anyone around Ostinil injections?