Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
Push today, which was pretty good, happy enough with how it all felt, but in a bit of a hinterland whilst waiting for the longer sessions
Shallow decline smith press
Machine OHP
Machine incline press4 work sets of each, followed by an accumulative 2mins of hanging
Got my sessions figured out for the longer format training. I’m ready for it now!
Just doing tomorrow’s food prep, then two more feeds and chill
-
Hi mate
For de-volume/de-load I’d leave your diet the same
If you’re having a full week off, I’d sit it a touch above maintenance
-
Agree with Clare, if you have enough high quality options, then a rotation is desirable, especially if you’re operating on an increased frequency
-
Leg day, and a final run through to make sure everything was “good” for my movement selection for the upcoming split change
Adductor
Split stance leg press
Leg ext
Walking lungesGot a rest in this evening, think I’m going to watch the fight card live with it being earlier
Push day tomorrow before a rest on Monday
-
As many as you can recover from to allow progression
There’s not a “one number fits all”, it depends on so many recovery variables
-
Hi mate
I add the whey as a powder with the oats, mix them together dry, and then add water until it’s your desired consistency
-
Back day, and last “tweaks” to finalise movement choices
Neutral Pulldown
Barbell Row
RDL
DB RowFood in cooking. Very much looking forward to a weekend of training and rest
Have a good one gang
-
Executing the movement perfectly
-
Delts top up and arms
DB Laterals
Machine preacher
Rope hammers
X-Over Tri extGot a back session tomorrow with my free weight moves in there.
Just about to go and sort my food and Supp prep, then I’m cooking before bed
-
Unless you have run into a recovery issue, and/or you are finding it very hard to progress, I’d carry on as you are mate
Stay vigilant on the progressive principles and keep working hard, you’re doing a great job
-
Great job mate, 12kg down is a really good chunk!
You may already be doing so but you might want to start taking some more structured full physique images
You’ll have seen the guys on here just set up a video, run through the mandatories, and then screen grab from there.
Was there anything specific you were looking to ask?
-
Rested up today gang. Feeling good after yesterday’s leg session
Just got my meals and supps prepped, waiting for my last meal and then bed
Arms and Delt top up tomorrow
-
I don’t disagree with Jord, but would say that I think some of this balance depends on how far you are with your strength development
We need to recognise that all damage is not equal regardless of effort.
Two people can go to absolute failure, the recovery is not equal if one person RDL’s 60kg for 6 reps and the next person does 300kg for 6.
Too many people fall into the misunderstanding that effort applied results in equal recovery requirement.
In short, the stronger you get, the harder it is to balance
-
Leg day, and it’s coming!!
Body is starting to get accustomed to higher loads, knees are really starting to play ball.
Definitely got some work to do, but edging into a position where I’m able to just go after the movements
Adductor
Pivot leg press
Leg ext
Smith squatResting tomorrow, then back in on Thursday with Delts and arms
Just about to sink my last meal – then bed!
-
Do you have a glute ham developer (GHD) that you can perform Glute Ham Raises on?