Forum Replies Created

Page 274 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 22, 2021 at 8:50 pm in reply to: Help with training plan – cannot train on Saturday / Sunday

    I like Clare’s approach here and I would have suggested similar

    I think your original suggestion doesn’t give tge required frequency to be optimal when you’re already looking at a lower volume per muscle group with the nature of PPL

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 21, 2021 at 9:01 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Rest day today folks, and very much glad of it ahead of legs tomorrow

    I’ve got all my meal prep done, just one more to sink this evening and then sleep

    Felt like the weekend never happened, but I’d always rather be busy!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 21, 2021 at 8:52 pm in reply to: Foot placement dumbell rows ??

    Opposites are definitely more common, just be alive to the fact that if you get very strong at this movement, there’s a huge amount of torsion through the trunk

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 21, 2021 at 8:50 pm in reply to: Switching between gyms

    Absolutely with Clare here, that’s exactly what I’d do

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 20, 2021 at 5:43 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push day today!

    Not quite so happy on the shoulders today, but no lasting damage done. Some reminders of what are and are not good ideas though!

    Machine OHP
    Narrow Neut Machine Press
    Inc Machine Press
    Cable Lateral Raises

    Hangs

    Got all my food sorted for tomorrow, two more meals left today

    Going to catch up on the fight night later

    Need to get my extended split sorted as I think we are pretty close to extended training times

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 20, 2021 at 4:37 pm in reply to: Volume Sets

    I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a 20 rep set mate, so not against that at all

    With the 5-10 sets, if you really want to try this, I’d very much urge you to keep that towards the 5 sets, the 10 sets seems a monumental waste of time mate

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 20, 2021 at 4:33 pm in reply to: Foot placement dumbell rows ??

    Which gives you the more stable base to execute from mate?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 20, 2021 at 9:42 am in reply to: Volume Sets

    Ok I think I’m with you now mate

    You do either a set of 20 to failure, or anywhere between 50-100 reps, ending with a single failure point?

    As Jord asked, how is the “flush set” prescribed?

    Do you just select a single isolation movement? Do you select one for each body part?

    I have to say, if I was failing on the 10th set of 10 reps, it seems like an awful lot of redundant work beforehand

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 20, 2021 at 9:34 am in reply to: Squat exercise order ?

    I don’t mean to be in any way patronising mate, but is the pain DOMS?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 19, 2021 at 10:59 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Legs this evening folks, and another one where tge knees are starting to really play ball

    Seated leg curl
    Quad stance leg press
    Split stance leg press
    Abductor

    Counting down until I can stretch these sessions out, but genuinely really pleased with the way my knees are coming around after what was quite a detrimental lockdown on them

    Going in for push tomorrow, so hitting the hay now

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 19, 2021 at 6:55 pm in reply to: Volume Sets

    Hi mate

    Sorry, I don’t understand

    You’ve opened by saying it’s a singe all out set, yet later on you say some movements have 5-10 sets of 10 reps?

    I’d need to understand the wider system to be able to offer any intelligent thoughts.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 19, 2021 at 6:51 pm in reply to: The importance of tracking

    Entirely with Clare. It keeps you accountable.

    We also need to consider that most people that think they train to failure, don’t. So over time, staying accountable and systematically progressing will get you there (should, at least!)

    It’s also incredibly valuable for helping you identify trends when looking to deload/switch

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 19, 2021 at 6:47 pm in reply to: logbook

    I don’t see a benefit of not logging it in some capacity mate.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 18, 2021 at 10:43 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Back day, and a day that I legitimately felt as though my strength is well on its way back

    Low pulley row
    SA chest supported lat row
    Overhand Pulldown
    Neutral grip assisted pull-up

    No significant lower back loading in this session. Legs tomorrow so should be fresh to roll

    All meals sunk, very pleased its the weekend, and fingers crossed the new clothing drop hits my doorstep!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 18, 2021 at 8:20 pm in reply to: should i have 2 rotation?

    Do you have enough options to have two rotations without compromising session quality?

    When considering your answer, factor in banding movements to alter resistance profile as well as change of stance on leg movements

Page 274 of 399