Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
Waaayyyyyyy short of info here mate.
Some detailed context please to help us get you in a good position
-
Arms and Delt top up
Bit more bicep focus today and my pressing is now heavy on triceps
It went
Preacher machine
Standing DB CurlDB L raise
Overhead rope ext
Last meal in the oven, supps prepped, ready for back tomorrow!
Looks like a bunch of you have been taking delivery of your clothing orders. BIG!
-
Absolutely agree with the guys, if this meets your needs and recovery capabilities, go for it.
I would though urge you not to fall too far into “it’s just an arm day” and make a habit of training 4 on the bounce.
Don’t neglect the rest!
I’d maybe go
Pull
Push
Rest
Legs
Arms
Rest -
Absolutely echo Oscar here.
Perfect time to be learning the philosophies and principles of training, and putting your new fluid knowledge into practice by building a template yourself
I’d actually advise you invest in the ebook at this stage also.
-
Rest day today folks after legs yesterday.
Well timed, I’ve been quite slow today so glad to have te recovery time
All good and supps are prepped, last meal has just gone down, it’s now time to sleep
-
As the gang have said between them… I’d go, intra in first half of the session. Isolate and fast digesting carb straight after, then meal 60-90 mins later
-
I would keep them similar in format mate.
So you may want to in session A, do seated leg curl followed by 45deg leg press.
Session B might be prone leg curl followed by pivot leg press
That’s my favoured approach
-
Leg dayyyyyyyyy
Really really happy with the session today. Anyone that’s struggled with knees will empathise when I say training without pain being a significant factor is such a relief/joy
They’re not perfect, but they are improving at a rate of knots, and that’s about as pleasing as it gets for me
Today’s session
Adductor
Leg press 1
Leg press 2
Smith squat (paused)Having a half an hour chill, then cooking, feeding, and sleeping.
Rest tomorrow, and thinking it will be well timed!
-
Hi mate
Some people will choose to do an isolation movement that hits the pecs before they press as they simply don’t connect with them well during the pressing movement.
That, or they find that the fatigue of another muscle, maybe triceps for example, is limiting the stress tht can be placed on the pecs
If this is true for you, my personal preference would be for you to explore other pressing options/redress your pressing technique to see if that is a work around before employing “pre-fatigue” solutions.
-
Rest day today gang.
Always like having a rest before leg sessions, and that’s what’s on the cards tomorrow
Started work on my template for when I get around to longer sessions , hopefully not long now!
Bit of supps prep to do for tomorrow, but all my food is sorted
Few bits of work to do, then a little chill before last feed
-
I’m with Jimmy on this mate, and as I said last time out, the way you approach your sets will have a big bearing on how many you can recover from.
Run it and see mate!
-
Push today guys and I’m getting happier and happier with my shoulders
Today I went
Shallow decline smith
High incline smith
Wide incline machine
Close neutral machineI’ll remove the high inc Smith as I can tell I’m not going to be able to load that. As sessions extend in time I’ll substitute a DB press in there, but it’s just too time consuming to be an option at the moment
Finished off with some hangs which will definitely be factored into my future programming
Meal prep done for tomorrow, one left this evening, just catching up on UFC 263
-
Hi mate,
Agree with the gang, this is a lot of work whichever way you look at it.
I think Clare’s point is a pertinent one. You need to be really honest about how much you’re putting into each set.
You’ve seen the videos, you know what failure looks like, and you need to be straight up with yourself about whether you go that far
In all honesty, if you’re finishing a set 3, 4 reps ahead of failure, you’re probably not going to get much out of single set efforts
Unfortunately this becomes a bit of an ego thing, and to the detriment of LOTS of people’s progress!!
Your MRV will be determined by how hard you go on your sets, and all of your recovery factors of course.
-
Back day today, and the heavier of the sessions.
This one gets hurt more by the time limit due to the nature of the movements
That said, I was happy with the execution, I’m ready to go after these
Session looked like
– Barbell Row
– RDL
– Chest Supported Lat RowI’m happy with my movement execution and I’m genuinely very excited to get back to a full working volume
It’s been a long time since I’ve had an optimal training environment, so hoping for a nice chunk of progress when I can go all out!
One meal to go tonight- and rest!!
-
I’m with Alex mate, spend some time working through the videos in the education section – that will set you up with a really strong foundation of knowledge
Once you have a good understanding, have a go at building the sessions and then drop them on here for a critique